• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Causa_Sui

Causa_Sui
1 year ago#41
JakeMordan posted...
It's pretty simple don't upgrade and the game will be harder.

So in order for this to have a challenge don't use the features the games provides? It should be the other way around, we must adapt if only a little at least and try the mechanics the game provides, that what you pay for, for the game itself

User Info: Naruzeldamaster

Naruzeldamaster
1 year ago#42
theedizzyone posted...
You know... most JRPGs I’ve played are easy outside of, possibly, first time boss encounters.
Pretty much every Final Fantasy is easy outside of a boss or two and the optional bosses. I’m not saying hard JRPGs don’t exist, but they’re rare in my experience.
So.. to the point of this game being easy, this isn’t anything new in the genre.

Let’s all be honest here. The real issue is the A.I. is top notch. You think playing Kingdom Hearts would be difficult if Donald could learn how to be f***ing efficient every now and then? God for bid Goofy does anything either!

Before Battle:
Sora: ok goofy, we're fighting THE sepheroth, I need you to be a tank and agro him!
Goofy: Got it!
Sora: Donald, this is your specialty, you're dedicated healer.
Donald: Got it!

*ten seconds later*
Sora: Guys, a little...help here?
Donald: Right! [uses max elixer]
Sora: ... WHY did you use that, you only had TEN F* DAMAGE
FC (USun): 1134-9578-3279 IGN Lucas
Riolu's for trade, filling in the dex!

User Info: Starlord12

Starlord12
1 year ago#43
Causa_Sui posted...
JakeMordan posted...

So in order for this to have a challenge don't use the features the games provides? It should be the other way around, we must adapt if only a little at least and try the mechanics the game provides, that what you pay for, for the game itself

Features are optional, having options is a good thing for all players. Want challenge? Do what I am doing and not use Higgledies, don't use the tactics tweaker, and don't upgrade gear ( you can still obtain gear and wear them.) or only the character you are controlling has good gear the rest crap gear and essentially you are soloing the game like most action games.

Having difficultly settings isn't really much different than not using certain features to make it hard. In the end, the game will be harder no matter which happens. Only difference is, one you can control, the other you can't.
If you are skeptical of everything, you wind up not trying anything.
Switch FC- SW-5637-7942-0885 NNID FC- 0404-6783-3729

User Info: JakeMordan

JakeMordan
1 year ago#44
Causa_Sui posted...
JakeMordan posted...

Just don't upgrade your gear. Even if they provided a 'hard' difficulty you could just grind/gear your way through anyway.

User Info: Naruzeldamaster

Naruzeldamaster
1 year ago#45
JakeMordan posted...
Causa_Sui posted...
JakeMordan posted...

Just don't upgrade your gear. Even if they provided a 'hard' difficulty you could just grind/gear your way through anyway.

I think people are forgetting that the first Ni No Kuni was pretty easy too, and honestly that's what made it a fun game. Even if at times it felt TOO easy.
These games are meant to be fun little adventures in a strange world crafted by Ghibli directors.
If people want actual 'difficulty' they can go play like...I dunno...pretty much any other JRPG on lunatic.
FC (USun): 1134-9578-3279 IGN Lucas
Riolu's for trade, filling in the dex!

User Info: hamstergeval

hamstergeval
1 year ago#46
Later on the game does seem to "ramp" up a bit. Monsters are slowly starting to do more damage and are changing up their pattern a slight bit. I've actually guarded a few times or opted to just use ranged attacks to avoid being damaged. It isn't that the game is too easy. It's just that action type games are a lot easier than turnbased games.

User Info: Causa_Sui

Causa_Sui
1 year ago#47
JakeMordan posted...
Causa_Sui posted...
JakeMordan posted...

you're missing the point, if In order to have at least some of a challenge you don't use the features the game provides then is bad design, one thing is when you master it after several playtrough but doing it right from the start is as said bad design or just implemente a difficulty setting, even Nintendo who is low friendly knows it while audience and has been implementing it in recent zeldas

User Info: Starlord12

Starlord12
1 year ago#48
hamstergeval posted...
Later on the game does seem to "ramp" up a bit. Monsters are slowly starting to do more damage and are changing up their pattern a slight bit. I've actually guarded a few times or opted to just use ranged attacks to avoid being damaged. It isn't that the game is too easy. It's just that action type games are a lot easier than turnbased games.

Especially if one is good at avoiding damage. If this was a turn based game and all the damage from being it are the same... it wouldn't be a such an "easy" game for those people.
If you are skeptical of everything, you wind up not trying anything.
Switch FC- SW-5637-7942-0885 NNID FC- 0404-6783-3729

User Info: Fou Lu

Fou Lu
1 year ago#49
"Why is a game marketed at children so easy" - TC
I smolder with generic rage.

User Info: SkinnEr2324

SkinnEr2324
1 year ago#50
Naruzeldamaster posted...
JakeMordan posted...
Causa_Sui posted...
JakeMordan posted...

I think people are forgetting that the first Ni No Kuni was pretty easy too, and honestly that's what made it a fun game. Even if at times it felt TOO easy.
These games are meant to be fun little adventures in a strange world crafted by Ghibli directors.
If people want actual 'difficulty' they can go play like...I dunno...pretty much any other JRPG on lunatic.

The first Ni no kuni wasn't really that easy compared to this
  • Topic Archived