• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: NeonShadow1

NeonShadow1
1 year ago#101
Game is too easy and not fun because of this. I've spent a lot of time doing extra activities and nurturing my kingdom, but realized that it's pointless. I'm not using the Blacksmith or Armory to create new items because the stuff I find is enough to just steamroll through the entire game. If I did use my extra services then I'd be using weapons that deal 2x damage and the game would be even more of a joke. I think I'm just going to rush through the game and then return it to the store while it still has some resell value. Sad and disappointed, but not entirely surprising as this is a Level-5 game. If they could add a Hard mode then I would probably keep the game but as it is, it's not something I'd ever want to revisit.
FC: 0962-9949-6556

User Info: DHGummy

DHGummy
1 year ago#102
theedizzyone posted...
You know... most JRPGs I’ve played are easy outside of, possibly, first time boss encounters.
Pretty much every Final Fantasy is easy outside of a boss or two and the optional bosses. I’m not saying hard JRPGs don’t exist, but they’re rare in my experience.
So.. to the point of this game being easy, this isn’t anything new in the genre.

Let’s all be honest here. The real issue is the A.I. is top notch. You think playing Kingdom Hearts would be difficult if Donald could learn how to be f***ing efficient every now and then? God for bid Goofy does anything either!

Having just finished NNK1, I can say the difficulty was mostly just isolated to the bosses, and only a few. Otherwise *most* encounters could just be won by spamming attack and all-out attacks.

User Info: slodkalili

slodkalili
1 year ago#103
You know what? I disagree. I Always knew I suck at games but there's no way I'm this bad that I'm the only person out here who finds this game pretty challenging. I've only had 2 or 3 deaths but its not easy by any means. What I think is happening is I'm under leveled so why don't you try that? All the enemies in new areas are a guaranteed red for me so that's a pretty good guide to know you are on the right track. Haven't bought weapons either I only ever use what I get in drops to save cash for healing. I've got to say this is pretty ironic because I hoped the game would be easy. I'll go grind once I have all of the party members I want.
FC: 0361-6541-5623

User Info: stheone

stheone
1 year ago#104
The PC version has a difficulty mod now which makes ALL the difference with the combat.
You actually have to block dodge use restoratives etc. Just wish the PS4 version had something similar.

User Info: chaosinuyasha

chaosinuyasha
1 year ago#105
slodkalili posted...
You know what? I disagree. I Always knew I suck at games but there's no way I'm this bad that I'm the only person out here who finds this game pretty challenging. I've only had 2 or 3 deaths but its not easy by any means. What I think is happening is I'm under leveled so why don't you try that? All the enemies in new areas are a guaranteed red for me so that's a pretty good guide to know you are on the right track. Haven't bought weapons either I only ever use what I get in drops to save cash for healing. I've got to say this is pretty ironic because I hoped the game would be easy. I'll go grind once I have all of the party members I want.

All your party members are story not optional. Also be careful what you say as thats a different variant of "gimp yourself" that people seem to hate around these parts
PSN: ChaosInuYasha (make sure you give me fair warning as to where you met me and why you wanna add)
Official Kaguya Ootsutsuki of the UNStorm 4 board

User Info: Dirtie

Dirtie
1 year ago#106
stheone posted...
The PC version has a difficulty mod now which makes ALL the difference with the combat.
You actually have to block dodge use restoratives etc. Just wish the PS4 version had something similar.

Care to point the way?

User Info: CronoDyne

CronoDyne
1 year ago#107
slodkalili posted...

Are you running away from every encounter, or what? We're not grinding. The simple fact of killing whatever lies in the path forward is enough to over level you.
Check out my full 40 level SMM game in the link below
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/OmegaDyne

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
1 year ago#108
DogBreathMaster posted...
Auron899 posted...
Loving the game ... but c’mon this is 5 year old kid level.

it is made by Level 5...

..I'm not really sure what you mean by this. Level 5, atleast in the past, has been known to have some fairly difficult games and bosses, sometimes bordering on the level of stupidity. WKC2's final boss series, for example, borders on being just plain unfair, especially the first phase, where you have to keep a party member alive who is likely going to be ridiculously under leveled for the fight, and will die if the boss so much as looks at him, which leads to an immediate game over.

Then you have games like Rogue Galaxy, where the game throws a complete curve-ball at you in the final battle where you're forced to fight with a single party member, against a boss that has numerous one shot abilities, and comes at the end of a very long gauntlet of boss fights.

Honestly, Ni no Kuni was Level 5's first truly "easy" game, and even then it had some fairly significant difficulty spikes for a blind player, such as the first Shadar fight, as well as the final boss.

Even dating back as far as Dark Cloud, Level 5 has had some fairly challenging fights and dungeons. Saying "Well it's Level 5" doesn't exactly mean it's an easy game. The developer is more known for having ridiculous difficulty spikes and bosses that come out of nowhere.

Either way, while I haven't played Ni No Kuni 2 yet, I am surprised to hear that it's difficulty has taken a nose dive downwards from the first game, which did have a bit of bite to it.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: Starlord12

Starlord12
1 year ago#109
Ness0123456789 posted...
DogBreathMaster posted...
Auron899 posted...
Loving the game ... but c’mon this is 5 year old kid level.

it is made by Level 5...

..I'm not really sure what you mean by this. Level 5, atleast in the past, has been known to have some fairly difficult games and bosses, sometimes bordering on the level of stupidity. WKC2's final boss series, for example, borders on being just plain unfair, especially the first phase, where you have to keep a party member alive who is likely going to be ridiculously under leveled for the fight, and will die if the boss so much as looks at him, which leads to an immediate game over.

Then you have games like Rogue Galaxy, where the game throws a complete curve-ball at you in the final battle where you're forced to fight with a single party member, against a boss that has numerous one shot abilities, and comes at the end of a very long gauntlet of boss fights.

Honestly, Ni no Kuni was Level 5's first truly "easy" game, and even then it had some fairly significant difficulty spikes for a blind player, such as the first Shadar fight, as well as the final boss.

Even dating back as far as Dark Cloud, Level 5 has had some fairly challenging fights and dungeons. Saying "Well it's Level 5" doesn't exactly mean it's an easy game. The developer is more known for having ridiculous difficulty spikes and bosses that come out of nowhere.

Either way, while I haven't played Ni No Kuni 2 yet, I am surprised to hear that it's difficulty has taken a nose dive downwards from the first game, which did have a bit of bite to it.

If we only had context on "what" some people see this game as "easy". We would have a more solid answer, all we have is "IT'S EASY!" Okay... where are you in the game? Are you overleveled? Are you getting lucky with awesome gear?

There are numerous of questions that needs answering before you can say the game as a whole is "easy". I am on Chapter 3 and enemies still hit pretty hard to the point sometimes they are doing 80-100 damage depending on the mob. I had to utilize ranged weapons for the first time to take on these foes, I even died with a character I was controlling once.

"The game is easy" is blown way out of proportion. Not saying the game is hard.. but I am saying the game is not dirt easy some people say it is.
If you are skeptical of everything, you wind up not trying anything.
Switch FC- SW-5637-7942-0885 NNID FC- 0404-6783-3729

User Info: JakeMordan

JakeMordan
1 year ago#110
It gets less easy over time unless you purposefully overlevel/overgear. That's really easy to do once you get your Kingdom. Normal encounters are seconds long, but thats just the equivalent of pressing X in FF.
  • Topic Archived