Why is it so easy .....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: patcooper114

patcooper114
6 months ago#31
still 80-90 hour platinum

User Info: croix12

croix12
6 months ago#32
the only challenges i found this dream doors their boss can killing your party.

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
6 months ago#33
Chargrilled posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
Chargrilled posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
Saphiro187 posted...
Lul just killed the wyvern lord without losing any health by mindlessly mashing square. I didn’t dodge, didn’t block, didn’t use the cute spirits, didn’t switch weapons, didn’t use skills. In fact I was playing with my son while mashing square.

Disappointed.

That is what I was talking about. How can you have fun when there is no challenge and nothing to overcome?

I did pretty much the same as him and had fun.

I enjoy the story, locations and characters.
Difficult combat would just annoy me and get in the way of me seeing the story more

Now before you say, just watch all the cutscenes on youtbe then. No. I enjoy the combat and seeing all the different monsters etc.

You dont play football just because you like the green grass on the field but rather because you like playing against other people and overcoming them to achieve your goals. Yeah, you may enjoy the green field or the cheering crowd but that is not the actual point of playing the sport.

bad analogy.
youd be better of saying why does a caver descend into a cave. because of the challenge of getting down there, or for the possible sites and exploration once in the cave.

me. id fly down there and then enjoy seeing every nook and cranny.

others would climb down the walls without ropes and then look around for 5 mins and leave.

Oh well, the analogy might not be ideal but as long as you get the point, the goal has been achieved. Gameplay is an integral part of videogames and it is fun only when it challenges our skills and mind. That is why people enjoy PvP in games so much because other players challenge them more than any AI and they get to learn and improve to overcome them. Videogames have always been about deriving enjoyment and satisfaction from overcoming challenges. Lack of challenge results in decrease in interest, engagement, and enjoyment.
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

User Info: SilverMouri

SilverMouri
6 months ago#34
... I've actually died a couple of times. To be fair I was playing Even and it was in the beginning when he was slightly underleveled but I still have to dodge and s*** or my health drops.

I think people saying it's overly easy is being a little over dramatic. Let's not also use NNK 1 as the staple for a hard game either as I literally just beat that game a few months ago and it also didn't offer much of a challenge in terms of fighting.

I literally skimped on familiar and went into fights underleveled as had no issues on fights in NNK 1.
Currently Playing: Trials of Cold Steel II

User Info: Starlord12

Starlord12
6 months ago#35
SilverMouri posted...
... I've actually died a couple of times. To be fair I was playing Even and it was in the beginning when he was slightly underleveled but I still have to dodge and s*** or my health drops.

I think people saying it's overly easy is being a little over dramatic. Let's not also use NNK 1 as the staple for a hard game either as I literally just beat that game a few months ago and it also didn't offer much of a challenge in terms of fighting.

I literally skimped on familiar and went into fights underleveled as had no issues on fights in NNK 1.

I do agree with this 100%. Game atm after the first 2 chapters is "normal". Which is fine. Also, if you have to use items to stay alive, then the game is not as easy as one claims. In an action game where you can avoid attacks even more so.
If you are skeptical of everything, you wind up not trying anything.
Switch FC- SW-5637-7942-0885 NNID FC- 0404-6783-3729

User Info: MasterRaph

MasterRaph
6 months ago#36
SilverMouri posted...

Think I agree with this, its easy but tbh no easier than any other rpg I have played. Plays like a normal mode on any game, and normal is easy. A hard mode would be lovely though.

User Info: idgamerd

idgamerd
6 months ago#37
I am really irritated by how easy it is.. I mean I read it was easy and played many easy games in the past but this is just ridiculous! What where they thinking???? I mean it takes me longer to load into and out of combat (which is 6-8sec) then the actual combat.. which is like 4-5 seconds if I do an AOE attack on random mobs...

Anyone tried wearing starting gear to combat the easy difficulty (sold mine unfortunately) ?

User Info: pakathecat

pakathecat
6 months ago#38
DarkWarl0rd posted...
Chronux posted...
I killed the 50 dragon at lvl 25.

Just before Niall forest.

Wonder if anyone can compare that skill

Too OP.

Skill is starter weapon and at level 1.

So for that, has anybody managed to beat the enemies right at the start that you are supposed to sneak past? They take damage so it looks like it might be possible, but you'd have to totally avoid getting hit.

User Info: JakeMordan

JakeMordan
6 months ago#39
Got one shotted through a block.

User Info: Causa_Sui

Causa_Sui
6 months ago#40
I'm just going to wait for them to drop a difficulty setting with the season pass or something, even the first one had challenge

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived