Why is it so easy .....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: judgeramza

judgeramza
6 months ago#21
theedizzyone posted...
You know... most JRPGs I’ve played are easy outside of, possibly, first time boss encounters.
Pretty much every Final Fantasy is easy outside of a boss or two and the optional bosses. I’m not saying hard JRPGs don’t exist, but they’re rare in my experience.
So.. to the point of this game being easy, this isn’t anything new in the genre.

Let’s all be honest here. The real issue is the A.I. is top notch. You think playing Kingdom Hearts would be difficult if Donald could learn how to be f***ing efficient every now and then? God for bid Goofy does anything either!

This guy right here ^^^^? He grinds for hours,out levels the game then cake walks it....calling it easy. Guaranteed.
Chrono trigger is THE best rpg of all time hands down.

User Info: notrandom

notrandom
6 months ago#22
Not sure why they would make the game pathetically easy and have no difficulty options. They should've had a story, easy, normal, hard and super hard difficulty options which is something I feel should be standard for action rpgs.
Under construction.

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
6 months ago#23
Chargrilled posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
Saphiro187 posted...
Lul just killed the wyvern lord without losing any health by mindlessly mashing square. I didn’t dodge, didn’t block, didn’t use the cute spirits, didn’t switch weapons, didn’t use skills. In fact I was playing with my son while mashing square.

Disappointed.

That is what I was talking about. How can you have fun when there is no challenge and nothing to overcome?

I did pretty much the same as him and had fun.

I enjoy the story, locations and characters.
Difficult combat would just annoy me and get in the way of me seeing the story more

Now before you say, just watch all the cutscenes on youtbe then. No. I enjoy the combat and seeing all the different monsters etc.

Well, there will always be exceptions but for most gamers gameplay is equally important if not even more than the rest of the parts of the game. I wont tell you to watch cutscenes on YouTube because I am not hating on the game or trying to prove you wrong or anything. Lol. I love Studio Ghibli films, their art style, stories, and soundtrack. I have watched all of their films and played through the first Ni no Kuni twice. Have been a Studio Ghibli fan since the 80s when I watched Anne of Green Gables for the first time.

Your objectives for the game and the source of most of your enjoyment are different than the rest. You clearly value the game world over gameplay itself. You are enjoying the visual spectacle like seeing monster designs, characters, towns, and the world map. But you probably do not value the gameplay and challenge aspect as much so you are able to enjoy the game. However, gameplay is an integral part of all games and for most gamers the whole point of any game so they cant fully enjoy a game lacking in challenge. They may love the world and the story but will still find the game shallow and boring. You dont play football just because you like the green grass on the field but rather because you like playing against other people and overcoming them to achieve your goals. Yeah, you may enjoy the green field or the cheering crowd but that is not the actual point of playing the sport.
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

User Info: WaywardBiscuit

WaywardBiscuit
6 months ago#24
Cloud75x posted...
Same with fighting games now. DBZ fighterz is the new norm. (not saying thats a childs game, but its combo system is simple like pokken and unlike SF/KOF)

The ignorance is strong with this one
George Likes Spicy Chicken

User Info: Moejy

Moejy
6 months ago#25
10 hours in still no challenge, I respect games that give difficulty choices. I would pay for them to add difficulties this is how bad it is, just makes in-game choices useless and I'm not even leveling. Still enjoying it, feels like I'm playing a Studio Ghibli anime.

User Info: Hylian-Hero

Hylian-Hero
6 months ago#26
Zirconarmor30 posted...
But MEHHH everyone told me DARK SOULS was so sooo sooo hard. And man that game was easy, just grind problem solved same story for any RPG mostly

Such a cringey ass post

User Info: DarkWarl0rd

DarkWarl0rd
6 months ago#27
PC has a mod for the difficulty already.

Player ---> Enemy damage multiplier.
And one for Enemy healing too.

User Info: Starlord12

Starlord12
6 months ago#28
At the 5 hour mark, the enemies are starting to have more pushback, especially the manticore(s) (almost died to one of them). The word easy does seem to be thrown like it's nothing. Everyone has a different concept of what is "easy".

If you mean the first like 2 hours of the game? Yeah it's "easy. Where I am right now "Just built kingdom come", like I said almost wiped from a manticore ( 5 hours in, on chapter 3).
If you are skeptical of everything, you wind up not trying anything.
Switch FC- SW-5637-7942-0885 NNID FC- 0404-6783-3729

User Info: JakeMordan

JakeMordan
6 months ago#29
It's pretty simple don't upgrade and the game will be harder.

User Info: Chargrilled

Chargrilled
6 months ago#30
AsimLeonheart posted...
Chargrilled posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
Saphiro187 posted...
Lul just killed the wyvern lord without losing any health by mindlessly mashing square. I didn’t dodge, didn’t block, didn’t use the cute spirits, didn’t switch weapons, didn’t use skills. In fact I was playing with my son while mashing square.

Disappointed.

That is what I was talking about. How can you have fun when there is no challenge and nothing to overcome?

I did pretty much the same as him and had fun.

I enjoy the story, locations and characters.
Difficult combat would just annoy me and get in the way of me seeing the story more

Now before you say, just watch all the cutscenes on youtbe then. No. I enjoy the combat and seeing all the different monsters etc.

You dont play football just because you like the green grass on the field but rather because you like playing against other people and overcoming them to achieve your goals. Yeah, you may enjoy the green field or the cheering crowd but that is not the actual point of playing the sport.

bad analogy.
youd be better of saying why does a caver descend into a cave. because of the challenge of getting down there, or for the possible sites and exploration once in the cave.

me. id fly down there and then enjoy seeing every nook and cranny.

others would climb down the walls without ropes and then look around for 5 mins and leave.
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived