Why is it so easy .....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Auron899

Auron899
6 months ago#11
theedizzyone posted...
You know... most JRPGs I’ve played are easy outside of, possibly, first time boss encounters.
Pretty much every Final Fantasy is easy outside of a boss or two and the optional bosses. I’m not saying hard JRPGs don’t exist, but they’re rare in my experience.
So.. to the point of this game being easy, this isn’t anything new in the genre.

Let’s all be honest here. The real issue is the A.I. is top notch. You think playing Kingdom Hearts would be difficult if Donald could learn how to be f***ing efficient every now and then? God for bid Goofy does anything either!

Have you actually played yet?

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
6 months ago#12
IMO any game needs to offer a reasonable challenge to the player so he has to develop and use skills. If you are just bulldozing everything then the game wont be engaging and you wont have fun. People who love the game are willing to overlook the lack of challenge but I think even those guys cannot deny that a little more challenge would have been better and more engaging.

Any game should be challenging enough to force you to utilize various gameplay systems at least to a certain level if not full potential. You should be compelled to look through your gear, skills, items, etc. to win. If an RPG is too easy then you never bother upgrading armor, or using correct elemental weaknesses/resistances, ailments, and strategies. It just like using a god mode cheat where you have fun for a few minutes but lose interest after a while because there is nothing for you to overcome.
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

User Info: Saphiro187

Saphiro187
6 months ago#13
Agreed. Monsters literally die in two swings and deal zero damage to me. If they attack at all... most of time they just stand there doing nothing.

I miss the high difficulty of ni no kuni 1.

User Info: Chronux

Chronux
6 months ago#14
I killed the 50 dragon at lvl 25.

Just before Niall forest.

Wonder if anyone can compare that skill

User Info: Aethyriel

Aethyriel
6 months ago#15
JRPGS generally are easy, but you can die when you just flat out ignore mechanics. Here... not really. You could play through the entire game with light attack and healing items and being afk for half the fight. I mean, using a skill just one shots an entire group of enemies, that's just.. too easy. It's not engaging. They might as well remove the combat and make the boss fights QTE based and make it full on Kingdom building.

User Info: Saphiro187

Saphiro187
6 months ago#16
Lul just killed the wyvern lord without losing any health by mindlessly mashing square. I didn’t dodge, didn’t block, didn’t use the cute spirits, didn’t switch weapons, didn’t use skills. In fact I was playing with my son while mashing square.

Disappointed.

User Info: DarkWarl0rd

DarkWarl0rd
6 months ago#17
Chronux posted...
I killed the 50 dragon at lvl 25.

Just before Niall forest.

Wonder if anyone can compare that skill

Too OP.

Skill is starter weapon and at level 1.

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
6 months ago#18
Saphiro187 posted...
Lul just killed the wyvern lord without losing any health by mindlessly mashing square. I didn’t dodge, didn’t block, didn’t use the cute spirits, didn’t switch weapons, didn’t use skills. In fact I was playing with my son while mashing square.

Disappointed.

That is what I was talking about. How can you have fun when there is no challenge and nothing to overcome? The whole allure of any game whether videogame or a real world sport is that there are challenges that you need to overcome through learning and skill. If no skill is required then it is not fun to play the game. It is just like playing football alone and scoring all the goals you want.
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

User Info: Overlord Hikash

Overlord Hikash
6 months ago#19
That's a big problem, for me; if something is too easy. It's why I couldn't enjoy Wind Waker, for example. Never a risk of losing. That makes it hard for me to get invested.
"leopard eggs sound delicious ^~ ^/" - M0Foe

User Info: Chargrilled

Chargrilled
6 months ago#20
AsimLeonheart posted...
Saphiro187 posted...

Disappointed.

That is what I was talking about. How can you have fun when there is no challenge and nothing to overcome?

I did pretty much the same as him and had fun.

I enjoy the story, locations and characters.
Difficult combat would just annoy me and get in the way of me seeing the story more

Now before you say, just watch all the cutscenes on youtbe then. No. I enjoy the combat and seeing all the different monsters etc.
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived