• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: The Telltale Series
  3. Worst. Batman. Villain. Ever.

User Info: TheDistorted

TheDistorted
1 year ago#1
Lady Arkham has no depth, no redeeming features, no unique personality.
She's just a duplicitous journalist (yeah, that's not a cliche in and of itself either *roll eyes*) who was abused as a child and therefore blames everyone ever in Arkham city, and wants revenge on everything, cos reasons.

There's no intrigue to her character, she is two dimensional, and falls flat (even my bad puns have more depth).

And why oh why, can she kick Batman's arse in martial arts? Where did she train? Who with? How and when did she get the money for it anyway? She was too busy being abused as a kid, and she's just a random journalist as an adult, so she wouldn't have had as much training as Bruce had (he'd been training from childhood), plus Bruce is a millionaire - he no doubt would've received the absolute best training possible. Plus, she's a skinny chick, he's a buff dude... There's a very good reason why MMA has separate weight and gender divisions ...

Her boots and staff also ... WTF did they come from? How were they made? By whom? With what equipment? With what money? My God. Just, seriously. Such bad writing.

Plus her costume looks like a crap cosplay attempt at mimicking Scarecrow. I even thought that's who it was meant to be the first time I saw the character...

Terrible. Just Terrible.

*Rant over* xD
SUDDENLYANOMALOUSFIELDIMPOSSIBLETOANALYZEAPPEARSINTOKYO!

User Info: SigmaSlash

SigmaSlash
1 year ago#2
Trying to explain her backstory at the last minute in Episode 5 did her no favors, for sure.
Friend Code: 3754-8146-2904 (Luna)
Secret Base: http://i.imgur.com/VZLnohg.jpg

TheDistorted
1 year ago#3
SigmaSlash posted...
Trying to explain her backstory at the last minute in Episode 5 did her no favors, for sure.

Aye. The biggest gripe I had with her portrayal in episode 5 was how she reacted when you reveal Batman's true identity to her, she instantly dehumanizes Bruce once more because of the actions of his father, and mere minutes ago she was trying to convince Batman that they're essentially on the same side, as 'they are both trying to fix Gotham'.
Plus, y'know, she hates all of Gotham because of her foster parents' actions towards her, and violently revenge-murders them because of it ... yet, she cannot and will not ever disassociate Bruce with his parents and wants to punish the son for the crimes of the father. It just makes her look dumb, and seriously emotionally immature/mentally unstable, yet she was the mastermind who manipulated Bruce/Batman and the situation with the other criminal elements in Gotham to create the perfect chaotic situation she could exploit, and in a cold, calculating fashion at that. Two very, very contradictory personality traits. She essentially has the motivation of a man-child (or is that 'woman-child'? lol) and is yet a genius at the same time??! Just lol. Awful.

User Info: Antasma1

Antasma1
1 year ago#4
The worst part is, they could have easily made her Anarky so they have something to work off of considering the similarities

TheDistorted
1 year ago#5
Antasma1 posted...
The worst part is, they could have easily made her Anarky so they have something to work off of considering the similarities

Yes, that would've been cool. Much better character design.

User Info: Zabaoth

Zabaoth
1 year ago#6
I had really mixed feelings about that.

At the first fight, when I saw she could go toe to toe with the freaking Batman, and had a mystic weapon, I just said "Oh, dear Talia". And already saw the whole plot as the League of Shadows and stuff, because they could have a grand plan, had motives, hated Wayne, had resources and manpower. I mean, It's boring, but it makes sense. I could roll with that.

Then they revealed she was Vale. I thought "part of the plan, they brainwashed her or something, or was a great warrior and then almost died, went to a lazarus pit, and decided to quit the life and become a journalist... kind of a stretch".

By the end, she also had Iron Man boots, her supercane and masterplan spanning continents and influencing people, with no resources and her backstory as being an abused child who couldn't even climb out of the pit and waited all that time to kill their fosters, also was a master martial artist who could whistand several punches to the face unarmored by the freaking Batman wearing his Mk2 Armor?

Ehm.... seriously game? f*** you.

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
1 year ago#7
My biggest complaint... My Bruce is now missing part of his ear.

"What happened to you, sir?"

"Uh... Cut myself shaving? :) "
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: Fjoeri

Fjoeri
1 year ago#8
I completely agree. I hate how Vicky's background was completely changed for her to be a villain. Like said above, it makes no sense. How did she become such a master fighter? Where did she acquire the funds for her acts? Honestly, just that was a dealbreaker for me.
PSN : Fjoeri
Xbox Live : Fjoeri
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: The Telltale Series
  3. Worst. Batman. Villain. Ever.
  • Topic Archived