• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bound
  3. Milkman Playeth: Bound.

User Info: MiIkMan

MiIkMan
2 years ago#1
Well holy s***, what a stunning game. Absolute audio and visual treat. This is my first PS4 game I've played and I am quite pleased.

Some of the best animations I've ever seen. It's really magnificent.

Already looking forward to replaying this again. Looks like it's going to take some time to figure things out and look for different pathways, interpret what's being shown and master the controls to do speerduns.

I really like the collecting of the fragments that form an image at the end of the level. Also really like how those still shots come together from the fragments; really interesting stuff. I typically don't give two s***s about alternative costumes and what not, but when I got to the second or third level and the Princess was wearing that black dress, that was really beautiful.

This game is beautiful in general and I'm really enjoying it thus far. There's a lot to take in and absorb and observe.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
2 years ago#2
Not too sure what the story is trying to convey yet.

I think my favorite animation is when you push against a moveable box. They could have thrown in a generic animation but they went full out and it's a nice touch.
Milk, man.

User Info: darkangel76

darkangel76
2 years ago#3
The constant movement of everything would disorient me at times.

The story is open to interpretation. Everyone seems to come away with a different idea of what was going on in the young woman's mind.

Also, they used motion capture with a contemporary dancer with a background in ballet to create the Princess' moves. That's why it's so graceful.

If you found this game beautiful, I suggest Journey and Abzu. Especially Abzu.
I wanted Mike Pence out of my state's governor's chair, but Vice President of the United States was NOT what I had in mind.

MiIkMan
2 years ago#4
Played Abzu and Journey earlier this year. Both were quite enjoyable.

There's something really special about these types of games where you can play them just to relax. I also enjoy the short play time which makes me more likely to replay them again.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
2 years ago#5
Finished today. Quite a pleasant experience. Presentation is top notch, really enjoyed the music and the visuals - especially the animations - and the background chaos and effects. The only thing I didn't like in the game was the Princesses voice, that's it.

Took me 3 hours to complete. Look forward to playing some speed runs when I get a chance. Absolutely love my Bound theme, too.

I'm hesitant to mention that the platforming isn't quite as sharp as it could be, but I think that's something you get used to the more you play the game.

If anyone else is looking for something similar to this, I recommend NaissanceE on PC. It's currently exclusives to PC but maybe that'll change one day. It has similar vibes with the geometry and some of the audio
Milk, man.

User Info: Crauling

Crauling
2 years ago#6
The animations and visuals are amazing, really some of my favorite in a video game to date. I haven't seen anything like it.

But the world is bare bones.Geometrical shapes? If it's beautiful, I want to look at it. There's a lot of potential here, but it just seems unfinished. The platforming is sub-par, and the rest of the levels control themselves. Not to mention it feels like the enjoyment in this game comes from speed runs... ?

Story is so-so. Could have been a little bit more heavy-handed though, IMO.
  1. Boards
  2. Bound
  3. Milkman Playeth: Bound.
  • Topic Archived