You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Vampyr
  3. Game on sale this weekend on PSN

User Info: Oldschooldrewc

Oldschooldrewc
2 months ago#1
Figured there are people like me who heard this game was ok but not really worth paying full price for. I missed it the last time it is on sale but this is on the PSN store for $23.99 USD until 5/13. Just picked mine up, even if it is just ok, that's a really good deal IMO.
"Although Candide himself recognizes that it is absurd to do so, he dwells on the condition of man." - Voltaire

User Info: BrutalBrocken

BrutalBrocken
2 months ago#2
So what do you think now? I was going to get it on release but a lot released around that time.
The Goddamned Devil
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS4- BrutalBrocken

Oldschooldrewc
2 months ago#3
So far I like it. Love the setting, the ambiance in the game and the story so far has been superb. I am still too early in the game to really give it a thumbs up or down but for a little over $20 I'd say even if the quality drops a little (and from all reports it is the "combat" that is the biggest flaw) I'd still say the price point was a great value.

I am more of a story man myself over gameplay though. I can usually tolerate mediocre mechanics or simplistic style as long as the story is strong and keeps me intrigued. I think playing a ton of JRPG's over the past few years where the battle systems are simple or pretty much the same across the board has led me to focus more on story quality over gameplay mechanics so my opinion might be slightly biased towards that.
"Although Candide himself recognizes that it is absurd to do so, he dwells on the condition of man." - Voltaire

Oldschooldrewc
1 month ago#4
Now that I am a little more into the game, my biggest complaint isn't even the story or gameplay itself. In fact maybe there was something wrong with my digital install but the load times are absolutely disgusting. Going from the hospital to the sewer below it there was a 48 SECOND wait while it loaded. Yes, I timed it to the second because I noticed in other places such as going into the morgue and other offices there would be a long load time, not 48 seconds long from what I felt but long enough to where it made me want to start timing the loading. It also seems to be completely random as to when and where it loads. I've gone into buildings or rooms with no loading or wait time and then I'll go through a gate or door and it just screeches to a halt with a obscenely long load time.

Heading into chapter 4, if I had to file a complaint about anything it is absolutely that.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Zarley420

Zarley420
4 weeks ago#5
Are you really crying over 48 seconds? Check your phone or something if your ADD and impatience is that bad.

Oldschooldrewc
4 weeks ago#6
Zarley420 posted...
Are you really crying over 48 seconds? Check your phone or something if your ADD and impatience is that bad.

Considering literally every other game on PS4 doesn't have that long a wait time yes I am going to complain. Stop slurping, it's a good game but that wait time is a joke and you know it.
  1. Boards
  2. Vampyr
  3. Game on sale this weekend on PSN