• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Vampyr
  3. Is this game just tedious when it comes to platinum ?

User Info: elrond11

elrond11
6 months ago#1
Is this game just tedious when it comes to platinum ?

I mean you can't drink blood of anyone ? What ?

User Info: ExitiumNox

ExitiumNox
6 months ago#2
You can drink the blood of your enemies, you just can't "embrace" anyone. Embracing is tied to story based decisions on certain characters and for mesmerizing other NPCs and killing them for XP. When you're in battle, enemies can be murdered and their blood can be drunk for blood and health regain. Anyone who attacks you, not the other way around, is fair game. Also, their is no tediousness in the game unless you hate dialogue and choices. There is a lot of that.
PSN I.D. Semper_Enim
"Angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night." - Ginsberg

User Info: elrond11

elrond11
6 months ago#3
ExitiumNox posted...
You can drink the blood of your enemies, you just can't "embrace" anyone. Embracing is tied to story based decisions on certain characters and for mesmerizing other NPCs and killing them for XP. When you're in battle, enemies can be murdered and their blood can be drunk for blood and health regain. Anyone who attacks you, not the other way around, is fair game. Also, their is no tediousness in the game unless you hate dialogue and choices. There is a lot of that.

What about bosses ? Heard that the 1st, Opera lady and the crazed priest are annoying as hell.

User Info: AdamToughsoul

AdamToughsoul
6 months ago#4
The flaws make it exceedingly tedious.

User Info: AdamToughsoul

AdamToughsoul
6 months ago#5
I just posted this elsewhere and I will post it here. Bugs are not the only thing that plague this title, it suffers from stability issues, balancing issues and poorly thought out design choices. Players who feed on idle non aggressive NPCs are awarded large amounts of XP yet the aggressive NPCs who try to kill you merit little on defeating them. So a player planning on abstaining has a far far more difficult time as you don’t get XP from draining blood from enemies in combat. In fact, you must break the enemy’s guard first in order to feed on them, which takes bullets or a weapon with a particular effect, and their blood does not award you any XP. You get a ridiculously small amount for the winning of combat, especially in comparison to how much you get from killing an idle non aggressive NPC.

The game doesn’t reward the player an achievement playing on easy as a “good” vampire. Though the game does not penalize you for playing on easy as an “evil” guy which already makes the game considerably less difficult.

Other issues I’ve had includes crashing, enemies with T poses, idle NPC chat interrupting the player dialog with one of two NPCs (dialog that has already repeated itself four times), and character repeating his voice dialog every time I feed on a rat (gets annoying really fast).

Another big issue I had was after failing a boss encounter, the shotgun ammo I used during the fight wasn’t replenished. I was luckily able to leave and get a few extra bullets off a merchant but that merchant has a limited stock each “night” and the lack of refilling your ammo as you continue to fail would make it increasingly difficult for the player. It’s good game design to refill ammo to its prior state upon continuing.

I wanted to like this game and certain things about it I do, like voice acting and the artwork but this game has brought me so much misery in such a short time that I’ve tried to get my money back and unfortunately I haven’t had a voice back from anyone who has listened. I have been told to report my issues with the game to the company and that’s all I can do.

User Info: finalfantasy94

finalfantasy94
6 months ago#6
AdamToughsoul posted...
I just posted this elsewhere and I will post it here. Bugs are not the only thing that plague this title, it suffers from stability issues, balancing issues and poorly thought out design choices. Players who feed on idle non aggressive NPCs are awarded large amounts of XP yet the aggressive NPCs who try to kill you merit little on defeating them. So a player planning on abstaining has a far far more difficult time as you don’t get XP from draining blood from enemies in combat. In fact, you must break the enemy’s guard first in order to feed on them, which takes bullets or a weapon with a particular effect, and their blood does not award you any XP. You get a ridiculously small amount for the winning of combat, especially in comparison to how much you get from killing an idle non aggressive NPC.

The game doesn’t reward the player an achievement playing on easy as a “good” vampire. Though the game does not penalize you for playing on easy as an “evil” guy which already makes the game considerably less difficult.

Other issues I’ve had includes crashing, enemies with T poses, idle NPC chat interrupting the player dialog with one of two NPCs (dialog that has already repeated itself four times), and character repeating his voice dialog every time I feed on a rat (gets annoying really fast).

Another big issue I had was after failing a boss encounter, the shotgun ammo I used during the fight wasn’t replenished. I was luckily able to leave and get a few extra bullets off a merchant but that merchant has a limited stock each “night” and the lack of refilling your ammo as you continue to fail would make it increasingly difficult for the player. It’s good game design to refill ammo to its prior state upon continuing.

I wanted to like this game and certain things about it I do, like voice acting and the artwork but this game has brought me so much misery in such a short time that I’ve tried to get my money back and unfortunately I haven’t had a voice back from anyone who has listened. I have been told to report my issues with the game to the company and that’s all I can do.

I actually dont mind this at all as I see what the devs were going for and it works imo. The game is tempting you to drink on the innocent for more power, but in result your turn to an evil a******. So in order to be good you must not drink therefore you are weaker. Though the game never felt unfair as I beat it on a good run and was level 27 and I wasn't dying an insane amount of times. Since talking to people, unlocking hints and doing side investigations give you a good amount of experience points. You may not be super power god level, but you get enough to have a good amount of health stamina and such. So I was able to take down everyone by just dodging and parry. I will say that gun glitch happened to me once,but that was it and idk if it happens again since I rarely used any guns except for a boss situation and that was like twice. The only other glitch I ran into was there was rare moments when I knew I dodge yet the game still said it counted as an hit.
got reviews and more at In My Opinion:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEHPzU5Zjg2mAoYpeQgMtUw
Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/souledge94/videos/all

User Info: finalfantasy94

finalfantasy94
6 months ago#7
elrond11 posted...
ExitiumNox posted...

What about bosses ? Heard that the 1st, Opera lady and the crazed priest are annoying as hell.

Even though I died like 3 times against her once you get down the pattern the opera lady is not to tough. Just be sure your upgrading your equipment and bring some health syringes just in case you run out blood to heal. I think the priest you are talking about only becomes a boss if you make a certain choice.
got reviews and more at In My Opinion:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEHPzU5Zjg2mAoYpeQgMtUw
Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/souledge94/videos/all
  1. Boards
  2. Vampyr
  3. Is this game just tedious when it comes to platinum ?
  • Topic Archived