You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Vampyr
  3. A warning to those considering purchasing this game...

User Info: MvUyDk1e8s9

MvUyDk1e8s9
5 months ago#11
I just bought this, and normally don't return games but this isn't sound to good. I remember when I first heard about the game and thought it could be epic, but then nothing after. Usually a bad sign. Like how The Order 1886 was.
I'm triggered by you being triggered by everything. Suck it up cupcake.

User Info: darklightevgeny

darklightevgeny
5 months ago#12
Yeah, what's wrong with 1 Single save Slot.
Be careful about the decision you make anddon't make mistake.. that's all there is to it

If you did not want to kill the citizen, then DON'T kill them. you can get plenty of exp in multiple farm rouge without killing a single citizen, HECK I was able to grind to max level, without killing a citizen. so If I can do, you can do it
Also, if you want to avoid a high level final boss, then DONT embrace citizen. don't complain about the impossible final boss, don't make her impossible.

And to people who complain about lost serum, or lost bullet to their failed bosses encounters. GIT GOOD.
man, seriously. get good. Build Johnathan correctly by investing in Stamina and health. and Developping your weapon. the game is not that hard.

Sure there is a fee bugs, this is not an AAA title. its AA only.

Also, when you are level 50, without embracing citizen, believe me, the final boss do not even fell like a boss and poor Harriet just die in less then 5 seconds.

User Info: EmperorBlack

EmperorBlack
5 months ago#13
I got the game day 1 and loved it... my only complaint is the occasional choppy frame-rate and lack of customization (they could at least have given a variety of outfits for Dr. Reid). Vampire fans basically had no real options in recent years aside from the Elder Scrolls games, and there's only been 2 of those in the past 7 years. This game came along and finally gave us a solid alternative to play with.
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/ZoomSurtr/creations

User Info: GabrielleM

GabrielleM
4 months ago#14
With this gaming generation, I've learned a long time ago to make daily backup saves with USB keys and Cloud. Yes, daily. In every game, even the ones without crap reputation.
Viper, take my pudding! I care not!
-The Honorable Sir George

User Info: Whahoppen

Whahoppen
4 months ago#15
It's $29.99 in Canada right now, really like the premise of the game. Was thinking of getting it. Still not too sure. If I bought it, it's just going into my backlog right away. I still have quite a few games to get to first.
Will there be future updates or is the devs basically done with it?
I'm Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today
Dante Hicks - Clerks

User Info: IloveJesus

IloveJesus
3 months ago#16
I bought it today and am enjoying it so far.

One save is not a valid complaint though. Bugs are, but not the single save. It's a game built on choices and their consequences. Having to live with those consequences is part and parcel of that.
Jesus loves us. It only seems fair to love him back.

User Info: MarBeats

MarBeats
3 months ago#17
......... games old. Just play or not
The Dragon Lords(Valheru Ashen-Shugar) The first Race ever. Look it up fool!!! Battle Madness worse then any Sayian!!

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
3 months ago#18
i killed an enemy that was 8 levels higher than me. i think i was level 10. or i was 8 and he was 18 or 17. dunno if he was 8 levels higher than me. but it wasn't a boss, just a regular enemy.
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: Zarley420

Zarley420
4 weeks ago#19
magemaximus posted...
i killed an enemy that was 8 levels higher than me. i think i was level 10. or i was 8 and he was 18 or 17. dunno if he was 8 levels higher than me. but it wasn't a boss, just a regular enemy.

That's the game telling you to turn around, you're under leveled. You want to stick to the district the story has you in, in the 1st half or so.

Exploring early is a bad idea, you can trigger some "save citizen" mission by accident and can't actually get to where they are at yet. Then you forget about it, go to sleep and that person dies.

User Info: Oldschooldrewc

Oldschooldrewc
4 weeks ago#20
Zarley420 posted...
magemaximus posted...

That's the game telling you to turn around, you're under leveled. You want to stick to the district the story has you in, in the 1st half or so.

Exploring early is a bad idea, you can trigger some "save citizen" mission by accident and can't actually get to where they are at yet. Then you forget about it, go to sleep and that person dies.

Definitely noticed this as well. I tried to not explore but the part of the story where you have to find Nurse Crane and her secret friend I didn't realize you just needed to walk up to the gate and I tried to go around and found myself facing guys about 6-7 levels higher than me. Actually beat them by pure luck as I was using a two handed mace that also had stun abilities so I spammed that then bite and beat them. Took forever to do it though. Finally figured out by pure chance to not go back that way and I realized unless you want to sacrifice the entire NPC citizens to evolve faster, no way to explore the other areas for awhile.

After whitechapel I did get caught facing two bosses (really not sure who they were story wise but they showed up from behind a fountain I think and their health bars showed up in the boss form) that scraped me good as they were level 16 and I was only level 11. Just googled it, was the Sheen brothers which apparently is a normal battle after where I left. Eventually did beat them but took about 5 or 6 times.
"Although Candide himself recognizes that it is absurd to do so, he dwells on the condition of man." - Voltaire
  1. Boards
  2. Vampyr
  3. A warning to those considering purchasing this game...