• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. EA Sports UFC 2
  3. The new parry system
Heatfansb 5 years ago#1
Does anyone else dislike the new parry system that now it's both R1 & R2 to block and Parry. It's going to take some getting use to but I personally don't like that they switched that.
ImMrMojoRisin 5 years ago#2
Yeah, it's going to be harder, but I'm not sure that is a bad thing.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqixDt69FzG5iHhmqQK7wOQ
The_Ecstatic329 5 years ago#3
You'll get used to it pretty quick. Unlike the beta says for people who haven't played the game. You can't use either R2 or R1 and a button to parry.

R1 and any button parries high strikes.
R2 and any button parries low strikes (body and legs).
HoIlywood 5 years ago#4
I actually like that, one of my biggest peeves of the new WWE games is that there's now only one button to block/reverse moves, where there used to be 2, so it wasn't always so easy to figure out when to block, and now it's too easy, this makes me really glad I preordered
Heatfansb 5 years ago#5
The_Ecstatic329 posted...
You'll get used to it pretty quick. Unlike the beta says for people who haven't played the game. You can't use either R2 or R1 and a button to parry.

R1 and any button parries high strikes.
R2 and any button parries low strikes (body and legs).

Yea I knew that I just forgot to add that but yea your right. I think after a few hrs I'll get use to it hopefully lol.
sdrawlo 5 years ago#6
weren't the THQ UFC games like that...? Buttons for high and low blocking/ parrying...?Or was it shoulder button with L stick up or down?
Mimura 5 years ago#7
sdrawlo posted...
weren't the THQ UFC games like that...? Buttons for high and low blocking/ parrying...?Or was it shoulder button with L stick up or down?

R1 and R2 were for Low and High Block, holding R1 and flicking the right stick in different directions to sway. If you can time it, you can flick the right stick up to catch punches and kicks to the head, flick the right stick down to catch punches and kicks to the body. I think if you catch punches, you go into the clinch, and if you catch kicks you go for a takedown (I think, haven't played an Undisputed title in a long time)
"Perhaps f*** off might be too kind."
sdrawlo 5 years ago#8
Kerbatron posted...
sdrawlo posted...

R1 and R2 were for Low and High Block, holding R1 and flicking the right stick in different directions to sway. If you can time it, you can flick the right stick up to catch punches and kicks to the head, flick the right stick down to catch punches and kicks to the body. I think if you catch punches, you go into the clinch, and if you catch kicks you go for a takedown (I think, haven't played an Undisputed title in a long time)

ahhh, memories... thanks, dude.
Robotech2020 5 years ago#9
The karate style wax on, wax off parries have never set well with me. Not just because the cpu excels at them, but because it leads to odd pauses for a counter strike. It looked weird in Fight Night and it still looks weird here.

Undisputed 3 did it best with catching strikes. You had to choose to block or parry. Here you get the block even if the parry attempt fails.
"What, we're throwing spinning **** now?" - Nick Diaz, during his match with Carlos Condit
WingedRegent 5 years ago#10
Kerbatron posted...
sdrawlo posted...

If you catch kicks, I think it depends. Some fighters were able to catch the kick and follow up with a punch ala Anderson Silva, while others were an immediate takedown attempt.
https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/Seraphim_Dragon.png
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
  1. Boards
  2. EA Sports UFC 2
  3. The new parry system
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A