You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Bastion/Orisa/Mercy makes me sick

User Info: heavystrike

heavystrike
3 months ago#1
I'm sure this is a very, very old topic, but one I must address because we just got our butts handed to us royally on Hollywood because one player was good enough to sit in the corner behind the payload, hide behind an Orisa shield and hold down the fire button for ungodly DPS while the rest of his team kept him safe and healed.

No matter what I tried, none of us could get that damn Bastion. I tried going Genji and deflecting his DPS back at him, but the entire enemy team surrounded me and finished me off in an instant.

I tried hacking him with Sombra but he just stayed behind the shield while the rest of his team dealt with my teammates until he could park himself in turret mode again.

I tried Pharah, got sniped out of the sky every time.

I tried Roadhog, couldn't get close enough to hook him.

One of my teammates used a counter Bastion and kept getting killed.

I couldn't get behind him as a flanker because the enemy team packed themselves into the same corner behind an Orisa shield like a can of sardines, and because his back was to the wall.

Our team tried numerous combined assaults only to get gunned down by that stupid Bastion, often getting stunned by Briggitte for that ludicrous half-second it takes Bastion to kill you.

If you can't hook, can't hack, can't flank and your team's Bastion and Junkrat aren't surviving long enough to take down that barrier, how do you beat something like this?
Rachel Alucard: Still a less sparkly vampire than Edward Cullen

User Info: PertySlick

PertySlick
2 months ago#2
I can definitely understand the frustration. But unfortunately it sounds like one team was much more coordinated than the other. For what it's worth, I find Junkrat to be great for taking down shields. Just spam a volley of grenades into the shield and it'll go down (especially Orissa's). You can usually do this from safety as well. A Reinhardt with a coordinated team behind him is also a good bet in this situation.

Another important point is when you get in this situation, a lot of people go straight for the Bastion. But I find that going for the Mercy is best as it removes Orissa's healing and Bastion's boost. Then take out Orissa. Bastion is an easy kill at that point. Otherwise if you put all the work into breaching the shield and finally kill only Bastion, Orissa is still set up and Mercy will just revive him putting you back at square one.

Good luck!

User Info: Saikred

Saikred
2 months ago#3
PertySlick posted...
I can definitely understand the frustration. But unfortunately it sounds like one team was much more coordinated than the other. For what it's worth, I find Junkrat to be great for taking down shields. Just spam a volley of grenades into the shield and it'll go down (especially Orissa's). You can usually do this from safety as well. A Reinhardt with a coordinated team behind him is also a good bet in this situation.

Another important point is when you get in this situation, a lot of people go straight for the Bastion. But I find that going for the Mercy is best as it removes Orissa's healing and Bastion's boost. Then take out Orissa. Bastion is an easy kill at that point. Otherwise if you put all the work into breaching the shield and finally kill only Bastion, Orissa is still set up and Mercy will just revive him putting you back at square one.

Good luck!

Also if the enemy team are in a tight corner, you can use junkrat mine to throw yourself over terrain and land on them, then Total Mayhem will either kill them or make them move when they kill you on top of them.

They either die, or run outside the shield for your team to mop up.
Playing: Apex Legends (X1) - Wins: 5
PUBG (X1 / PS4) / theHunter: Call of the Wild (X1) (On a break)
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Bastion/Orisa/Mercy makes me sick