• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Is Tobyjon useless now?

User Info: MrImpatient35

MrImpatient35
2 years ago#1
I haven't used him since the nerf. Been using Dva and Zenyatta a lot lately. Is he useless now? Before the nerf, it wasn't anything special to see a team full of him. Now I don't think I've seen a single person use him. Is he that bad, or other people are just that much better?

I'm thinking of using him, mainly for his armor, cause I hate when I'm only a team full of low health heroes. I'd love to give them my armor.
I'm not changing this sig until Splinter Cell: Blacklist is BC

User Info: GeneralFox

GeneralFox
2 years ago#2
Never touched him before because I found him easy to shut down.

Now I'd rather pick other characters even in situations he's suppose to excel in.

User Info: bowmanator0118

bowmanator0118
2 years ago#3
He is still the same as he was before the damage nerf isn't very noticeable
In Russia game plays you

User Info: ShadowThief098

ShadowThief098
2 years ago#4
now?

User Info: zhumar

zhumar
2 years ago#5
Oh, Tobyjon is still in this game?
Sponsored by Astro Gaming, Kontroller Freak and pretty much everything else.
You can't afford my luxarious home in Queens, NY - http://dailym.ai/1U53YWX

User Info: thebest99

thebest99
2 years ago#6
I still use him in QP and in early level comp and solo queue comp on some of the assault maps but most notably I use him a lot on Hollywood. It's rare you'll run into Widow makers but the main concerns is Junkrat so you have to put it in a decent place. Then I spend most of the match shotgunning folks and throwing armor everywhere.

You get some armor! AND YOU GET SOME ARMOR!

Just tossing these gold plates all over the f***ing map.

The benefit is if I die, I save my Ultimate and unleash it, and that will help us retake the point most of the time.

However, sometimes I get steam rolled and the team is on point and I just switch to Zenyatta or something and shut the team down.
Sick Overwatch Gameplay right here fellaz
https://youtu.be/36lJ9-ytXbU

User Info: wirymo123

wirymo123
2 years ago#7
bowmanator0118 posted...
He is still the same as he was before the damage nerf isn't very noticeable

This. Either players know how to deal with him or they don't. The nerf didn't change much.
GT & PSN - FuzzyPillow19

User Info: Sputnik1337

Sputnik1337
2 years ago#8
thebest99 posted...
You get some armor! AND YOU GET SOME ARMOR!

This, and his rivet gun being so insane if you get good placement on your shots mean the nerf didn't really hurt people who utilized his kit properly. The only people who were hurt by his nerf are the s***ters who have no idea how to play the game and sit there in a random corner smacking the turret with their hammer all game.
a

User Info: ARsignal11

ARsignal11
2 years ago#9
His +75 armor drops are huge, and he still does massive damage with his alternative shotgun fire, especially when you use his ult. While his turret isn't as OP as before, it's still does decent damage and is a good annoyance to have. I still see him being used routinely on defense, and well at that.

User Info: SiniXter

SiniXter
2 years ago#10
In the right hands he is still a beast.
Xbox GT - SiniXterV20
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Is Tobyjon useless now?
  • Topic Archived