• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. When the enemy team has a complete meltdown with 1.5m left

User Info: thebest99

thebest99
2 years ago#1
I've only had 2 matches in the 300+ games of Overwatch where they were memorable. One was on Lijang Tower where we spent what appeared to be like 6 to 7 minutes in overtime. Today marks the second.

I load up comp and get thrown into Kings Row, we start off on defense. I decided to run with Lucio and when I see 3 or 4 of my guys go up to their spawn I had a feeling in my gut. The kind of feeling of "s***, we're going to lose this in 2 minutes."

Now I want to stay back and try to keep our defenses up and live, enough time for the dead players to get back.

It fails obviously the enemy teams reaper Y's us to death and they take the point. Then with little to no opposition take it right to the next point. I am still playing Lucio and even with my ults and trying to heal people they have a pretty strong team and an actual good Hanzo player who just picking people off left and right. They're making their push to finish the game, I decide that if I'm to go down. Then I'm going down as Zenyatta.

That's when the tides start slowing turning. I'm discording enemies down while trying to stay behind a D.Va and the payload, it's helping and we're getting the payload to move back a little. All of a sudden I hear the Reaper drop down and before I could ult, he takes us all down. I'm greeted with the kill cam of him spraying and t-bagging before he jumps down. I lol, and now the enemy team basically just needs one tire on the point.

My team gets super f***ing aggressive, like everyone seemed to have snapped and started fighting like hell. We're fighting on that point and 2 or 3 guys are dying on both sides yet it's still in overtime. Then the enemy team sends an ult D.Va and takes 5 of us out. At this point while I'm watching the killcam I'm basically just done and assumed that was game.

However, one of our teammates switched to Lucios and was body blocking the s*** out of the payload. Enough for us to get back and make one more push, the enemy reaper is back hoping for an epic POTG. As soon as he gets out of wraith form I drop that Ult, save everyone. We s*** on the enemy team and win.

He and 3 other players leave, and it was an obvious steam roll, which wasn't fair for the other team but we were the underdog and I got a s*** load of rank.

It was a lot of fun and I haven't seen that kind of melt down since QP when at the last point people with switch to torb and bastion and eat teams up.

What I learned from this. No matter how grim it appears the game is going to be as long as everyone doesn't give up you just might win. I wish I remembered their names because I wanted to send some nice messages saying good game to the Lucio who saved us.

Feels good man

TL;DR

We beat a team with inches to spare. Feels good.
Sick Overwatch Gameplay right here fellaz
https://youtu.be/36lJ9-ytXbU

User Info: PerrySport

PerrySport
2 years ago#2
I think i might have played on Lijang tower with you. That was the only map where i spend about 8 minutes in overtime. There were like 6 Winston's near the end of that sweatfest lol.

Anyway yeah that sounded like a fun game. Most matches aren't very memorable though.
It is what it is

User Info: SizableMattress

SizableMattress
2 years ago#3
I am that team, 100% of the time. My mates get so damn cocky.
Everyone should have "Just Be" protocols.

User Info: zhumar

zhumar
2 years ago#4
Did that with Mei recently on Dorado defense. The team got real cocky because they pushed the payload relatively quickly. Once I switched, I was a freezing, blocking, icicle sniping machine and they just kept rushing one by one to get melted by my whole team. Their final big push was summarily shut down by my ult.
Sponsored by Astro Gaming, Kontroller Freak and pretty much everything else.
You can't afford my luxarious home in Queens, NY - http://dailym.ai/1U53YWX

User Info: Sputnik1337

Sputnik1337
2 years ago#5
thebest99 posted...
What I learned from this. No matter how grim it appears the game is going to be as long as everyone doesn't give up you just might win. I wish I remembered their names because I wanted to send some nice messages saying good game to the Lucio who saved us.

you da real mvp

Remember this advice kids because you s***ters who throw your hands up after one bad streak and cry that its over from spawn are the worst. One single counter attack is all it takes to break the other teams momentum and bring the game back.
a

User Info: foodeater4

foodeater4
2 years ago#6
I've had a lot of memorable games including some great come from behind and last sec wins and I have no where near 300 games played.

But yeah often times it just takes one good attack or counter attack to flip the game.

Sometimes when attacking it seems like the enemy was stuck in so good and it would be impossible to break the defense. But sometimes it just takes one kill and the dominos start to fall.

Or sometimes you just be creative get a on a more mobile character like a Dva get behind the enemy. Make take out some squishy characters or if your ulitame is up like a dva nuke or deathblossom you can have some fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. When the enemy team has a complete meltdown with 1.5m left
  • Topic Archived