• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Steam rolled like every game this morning

User Info: thebest99

thebest99
2 years ago#1
Matches aren't even reaching 4 minutes and I just got rolled at 2:53 seconds on Anubis on defense.

Damn man what a feeling. I'm pretty sure these are just premades strolling through quick play but I sure wish it was more mercenary, and if it is. Why the f*** can't I be lucky to get on these navy seal teams. It's like every game I have to have the worst team without a doubt. I'm currently on a 14 loss streak right now despite how good I do or if I try to counter you just can't backpack in this game.

:|
Sick Overwatch Gameplay right here fellaz
https://youtu.be/36lJ9-ytXbU

User Info: PerrySport

PerrySport
2 years ago#2
People still go into matches thinking they can actually turn the tide as a certain hero or that team composition matters when in reality the game has already decided wich team is gonna win.

Just like in sudden death: It's a flip of a coin. If the enemy team has 3 good players and 3 below average players they will still win against your 4 good players and 2 terrible players.

You can pick your best hero and go into tryhard mode and you'll still lose. In other matches you can pick your worst hero, barely contribute anything and still win. It's already decided before the match starts. This is how you sometimes win games you really didn't think was possible (Three Tracers on defend for example) not because you did everything right, but simply because the other team sucked.

Just accept that you get steamrolled from time to time and it's not your fault.
It is what it is

User Info: thebest99

thebest99
2 years ago#3
It is my fault. I'm not good enough. I need to go into the mountains and begin training.
Sick Overwatch Gameplay right here fellaz
https://youtu.be/36lJ9-ytXbU

User Info: Mrkittenz

Mrkittenz
2 years ago#4
I get so annoyed in these types of games where the enemies synergy is crazy good that it just feels like they walk the payload with no push back or take each objective with ease. It's all about team composition and when this happens it mostly means your team is either doesn't have the right combination of heroes or they're potatoes.
Dan Harkinz has a cat

User Info: Master_Norris69

Master_Norris69
2 years ago#5
thebest99 posted...
It is my fault. I'm not good enough. I need to go into the mountains and begin training.

It doesn't matter how good you are, without a team and teamwork to go with it, you'll never win. That's the nature of the game. This isn't a fighter where individual skill and a few lucky guesses will get you an easy victory.

If you want to win based on your skills alone, i'd recommend MKX/SF5
Never pet a burning dog.

User Info: bmhct

bmhct
2 years ago#6
Master_Norris69 posted...
thebest99 posted...

It doesn't matter how good you are, without a team and teamwork to go with it, you'll never win. That's the nature of the game. This isn't a fighter where individual skill and a few lucky guesses will get you an easy victory.

If you want to win based on your skills alone, i'd recommend MKX/SF5

Teams and communication make a huge difference.

But the thing is, if you're solo queueing, you're matched up with teams of a similar makeup. So they almost always have someone solo queueing as well. The huge streaks of being placed on utterly incompetent teams is still hitting a lot of people.

User Info: Master_Norris69

Master_Norris69
2 years ago#7
I solo Q a lot so i expect to lose, it's the nature of team focused shooters. Don't get upset if you lose when soloing.

Professional teams don't win tournaments by playing with people they never met before or speak to.
Never pet a burning dog.

User Info: old_school227

old_school227
2 years ago#8
if you care a lot, plug a mic in and call out flankers.
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix

User Info: bmhct

bmhct
2 years ago#9
old_school227 posted...
if you care a lot, plug a mic in and call out flankers.

I do. Rarely does anyone respond or even join the team chat.

User Info: HeroicBloodshed

HeroicBloodshed
2 years ago#10
TC, you say you're on a 14 loss streak but what is your overall win %? Because the game's matchmaking is designed to keep you around 50%. Maybe it's just pitting you against better teams because you had a great stretch before. It happens.
Good morning. That's a nice tnetennba.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Steam rolled like every game this morning
  • Topic Archived