Thinking about buying loot boxes

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Thinking about buying loot boxes

User Info: TheSqueakyDoor

1 year ago#1
So tempting...

User Info: thebest99

1 year ago#2
Resist the urge.
Sick Overwatch Gameplay right here fellaz

User Info: Demigod_Elessar

1 year ago#3
Are you getting a lot of enjoyment out of the game? Can you afford the amount of loot boxes you're wanting to purchase, without it hindering bills and such?

Ask yourself those two questions. If both are a yes, then go for it.

User Info: SyxxPakk6

1 year ago#4
They are incredibly overpriced for a completely random cosmetic item that can also be a duplicate and only give you 5 credits.

$3.00 CND for 2 boxes? LOL get f***ed Blizzard. Not even F2P games have terrible pricing like that. Thankfully it is completely optional.
Gamertag: I S Y X X l - Battlefield 3/4: xI6ISYXXI6Ix | Marvel Heroes: xTrippi
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | POE Fistkicks | RIFT: Trippi

User Info: TheSqueakyDoor

1 year ago#5
But...Okami hanzo (T_T)

User Info: Jumpman_8891

1 year ago#6
do eeet
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.

User Info: ChristianWalker

1 year ago#7
There's really no shame in it, I've spent like $60 on loot boxes and no regrets. If you spend a lot of time with the game, pimp your characters and never look back
I do Let's Plays now!

User Info: gauchoninja

1 year ago#8
I personally don't think they're worth the money. By the time you hit Level 100+, you should have most of the things you want, either directly from level-up boxes or from coins. Loot boxes are only mildly enjoyable for me now since there aren't many things I want that I don't already have. I'm sitting on about 3000 coins, because I don't want anything else badly enough to spend my coins, and also because I want to have something to look forward to in my future loot boxes.

EDIT: To be fair though, a handful of the skins I prefer are the epic (250) skins rather than the legendary (1000) skins, so I guess the things I want are cheaper overall than if I only liked legendary skins.

User Info: Nazanir

1 year ago#9
thebest99 posted...
Resist the urge.

Spent 40 bucks on boxes, no regrets. You just have to decide for yourself it this is worth it, since you do get a lootbox every time you level up, all what spending money does, is progress faster through the skins.
XboX GT - Nazanir

User Info: PJ_Thorn

1 year ago#10
I spent 10$ on them the first day, was happy to get 1 legendary skin. I've gotten 5 more since, but the last 10 levels have been complete crap. Greys and Blues. lots of worthless dupes.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Thinking about buying loot boxes

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived