• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Overwatch 2

User Info: Nightshaede

Nightshaede
1 month ago#1
Just curiosity and minor speculation. Do any of you think it's going to be a new game which will forfeit everything we've acquired till now to start fresh with a new $40+ game or will they do a nicer maneuver like Bungie and just make it a massive update. Either one would make sense but I'm worried personally if it's a new game and I have to buy it and forfeit what I've amassed this year. Cuz I was really hoping to get 2 Tracer skins but I'd have to wait till next year and sequels usually mean the prior game dies and ruins the whole point of trying to get the skins...I didn't even start playing officially till this year and bought it day one. I just thought I hated it at first and didn't bother giving it a try till now...now I like it and Overwatch 2 is gonna be a thing...not to mention I'm not able to buy any games currently due to life reasons.
Nightshaede.
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it" -Oscar Wilde
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: RingsOfUranus

RingsOfUranus
1 month ago#2
Everything is going to be new. Blizzard isn't going to give you anything you've already earned. They're going to make you get it all again. They could have very well already been doing this cross-platform since Overwatch is linked to your Blizzard accounts but they don't.

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 month ago#3
RingsOfUranus posted...
Everything is going to be new. Blizzard isn't going to give you anything you've already earned. They're going to make you get it all again. They could have very well already been doing this cross-platform since Overwatch is linked to your Blizzard accounts but they don't.

Objectively false... unless you can source this, your comment pure speculation.

Everything leaked so far suggests that either 100% of OW will be brought into OW2, or OW2 will basically act as an expansion offering new content and modes while keeping all of the old content as well...
Also speculated that OW will become f2p once OW2 is released.

As I easily predicted well before OW2 was even leaked... bliz is not going to just throw all the new content they've created over the last 3 years into the trash can. That makes 0 sense.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
1 month ago#4
No one knows, my guess would be they do something similar to Fortnite 2.0 and just update the existing game, but this is Blizzard so who knows. At least we don't have long to wait; I believe it's this Saturday at 4:15pm for the Overwatch Update.
"I Never Die!!" -Smash Daisaku

User Info: ZeroVolume

ZeroVolume
1 month ago#5
https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1188523983756496897

Might be a page out of Fortnite’s book and just be OW: Chapter 2 and not a completely separate game.

If you ask me, this sounds more likely. Why would Blizzard go through the trouble of releasing OW on Switch? It’s not like they ported it over for free, they had to commit resources to that project.

Also, thus far as part of the leaks they mention Echo as “hero 32.” If it was a new game with potential roster changes, why is the news as if it is a continuation of the current roster?

Also, again reiterating the Fortnite Chapter 2 update, companies love to borrow ideas from each other. It’s entirely possible Blizzard got wind of what Epic had been planning and decided to follow suit.

Obviously just my opinion and I could be wrong.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
1 month ago#6
Feels like an expansion, or 2.0 patch, not a completely new game.

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
1 month ago#7
RingsOfUranus posted...

you're guessing all of that

User Info: Flamenixx

Flamenixx
1 month ago#8
If we look at the leaked info.

-Pve mode
-Pve talents
-Maps

Its save to say that it will be a pve expansion. If u dont buy this u can still play with the ppl that do buy it, cause they will most likley only get pve content.

Its just silly that people are basicly stating that we else everything. OW has the same thing as CoD used to have. Its cool to hate on OW, same as it used to be on CoD. In the mean while they still sell 10+ mil copies, even the haters ate buying it.

I see people on this forum that only reply to the nagativity, SR fraud, only getting skins for heros u dont use.

Overwatch is a great game and Blizzard probably wont screw us over.

User Info: RingsOfUranus

RingsOfUranus
1 month ago#9
Retroxgamer0 posted...
RingsOfUranus posted...

you're guessing all of that

I'm not guessing that Blizzard doesn't allow you to transfer your skins and collectables between different versions of the same game that you own on multiple platforms and are literally all connected by the same Blizzard account. That is correct.

Speculating that they won't STOP doing the thing they're already doing isnt a guess, it's an educated conclusion.

DarxWingDuck posted...
As I easily predicted well before OW2 was even leaked... bliz is not going to just throw all the new content they've created over the last 3 years into the trash can. That makes 0 sense.

Of course they won't throw it away. But you're delusional if you think they're just going to give it to you for free.
(edited 1 month ago)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Overwatch 2
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers