• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. The DPS queue is still too crowded

User Info: _Rin_

_Rin_
4 months ago#31
Yes, it is true that games are more balanced with 2/2/2 but DPS became unplayable.

At least for me.

There is absolutely no way I will ever wait 10 minutes to play an Overwatch game. This is insane, the dps class was deleted for me, its not an option to swap to DPS from time to time anymore.

And honestly, I can't understand how anybody would want to wait 10 mins to play DPS now.

I thought it will settle down after a gew days, maybe more players would try out tanks and support but nope, peoples are still waiting for dps, wtf ?

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
4 months ago#32
There's still enough dps willing to wait 10 minutes for a game, that DPS Queues are 10 minutes long.

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
4 months ago#33
DivineCrawd2000 posted...

But here's the thing too, what if that guy who was a genji main.....wait for it....was never good with Genji to begin with. He was just in a game full of other DPS's and was able to hide how bad he really was. So on either hand, you still are going to get screwed by this guy no matter which role he picked.

For me, role lock made me come back to overwatch and even play competitive because I know the teams will somewhat be balanced, I hated having the game of 5 DPS and now I have to play either a support or tank to try and fill that role. I have game now where I do queue as DPS and still trying to figure things out, the guy I play with ask why I'm not that great with DPs, my response:

I was never allowed to play one. If I wanted to win the games I had to either go support/tank or we would be losing. This is why the Brigette nerfs hurt so bad as she made support interesting and fun, and at the same time, you filled that needed role.

Which is why I can't not give props to players that pick her and I see them fighting for their lives. Because she always has had to do that even before her changes.
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

User Info: streetfighter76

streetfighter76
4 months ago#34
_Rin_ posted...
Yes, it is true that games are more balanced with 2/2/2 but DPS became unplayable.
At least for me.

There is absolutely no way I will ever wait 10 minutes to play an Overwatch game. This is insane, the dps class was deleted for me, its not an option to swap to DPS from time to time anymore.
And honestly, I can't understand how anybody would want to wait 10 mins to play DPS now.

I thought it will settle down after a gew days, maybe more players would try out tanks and support but nope, peoples are still waiting for dps, wtf ?

I believe THIS is what they went after with the 2,2,2.
To make some people COMPLETELY forget about the DPS class and try to enjoy the game as much as they can by playing ONLY the other 2 roles.
If enough people could end up accepting this, THEN the DPS queues would become a little more... "normal".

If you NEVER touch the DPS class and still play often, THEN you are part of the solution and it will pay off in several different ways :
No waiting, if a match gets suddenly interrupted because someone left, you wouldn't had wasted 10+ minutes on THAT!! 😫
Also more Coins, more loot boxes and in turn this will mean better access to more content; besides you will become a far more specialized asset to your teams and people will want to play with you and protect you, heal you... make team with you!!

But if you are a "flex" player always dreaming with your chance to FINALLY play some DPS then you are no different from most of the community and this is the reason why the DPS have such problematic queues.
What developers truly wanted with this change was to force as much people as they could to end up thinking the way you describe in your post that I quoted.
I sincerely hope more and more people end up falling into this realization and settle for the other 2 roles without even considering clogging the DPS queue from time to time.
...we all can dream and this would be the perfect status for the community but looking at the waiting times for DPS, i can see the chances for it to happen are rather slim on a midterm future.
The ultimate victory is the one conquered over yourself.

User Info: Obscene

Obscene
4 months ago#35
As a tank main I'm loving 2-2-2 I get quick queues and I've got proper support so I can do my job.
PSN-Obscene69

User Info: _Rin_

_Rin_
4 months ago#36
streetfighter76 posted...
_Rin_ posted...
At least for me.

I believe THIS is what they went after with the 2,2,2.
To make some people COMPLETELY forget about the DPS class and try to enjoy the game as much as they can by playing ONLY the other 2 roles.
If enough people could end up accepting this, THEN the DPS queues would become a little more... "normal".

If you NEVER touch the DPS class and still play often, THEN you are part of the solution and it will pay off in several different ways :
No waiting, if a match gets suddenly interrupted because someone left, you wouldn't had wasted 10+ minutes on THAT!! 😫
Also more Coins, more loot boxes and in turn this will mean better access to more content; besides you will become a far more specialized asset to your teams and people will want to play with you and protect you, heal you... make team with you!!

But if you are a "flex" player always dreaming with your chance to FINALLY play some DPS then you are no different from most of the community and this is the reason why the DPS have such problematic queues.
What developers truly wanted with this change was to force as much people as they could to end up thinking the way you describe in your post that I quoted.
I sincerely hope more and more people end up falling into this realization and settle for the other 2 roles without even considering clogging the DPS queue from time to time.
...we all can dream and this would be the perfect status for the community but looking at the waiting times for DPS, i can see the chances for it to happen are rather slim on a midterm future.

Nobody cares about coins or lootboxes lol

Especially if you play OW for a long time.
Im here since launch, I have 45 k coins and all skins already... They don't release skins often enough to make lootboxes and coins interesting to farm.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. The DPS queue is still too crowded
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A