• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. I think I might actually be done with Overwatch BLOGFAQS

User Info: DepreceV2

DepreceV2
1 week ago#1
You guys know what’s going on with Blizzard. I’ve been sitting back and absorbing all the details. I’ve been waiting on responses. It’s been a day or so now and I don’t think Blizzard will be reacting. I think I might be done with Overwatch.

I love this game. I’ve been playing it since release. I have an insane amount of time on it. I have a copy of the game on Xbox, PS4, PC and I currently have it pre-ordered on the Switch. I love the OWL to the point where I’ve consistently made GameDay topics on here for 2 years. Plus, all the money I have sunk into this game. This may be it. I’ll probably delete Overwatch off my systems, cancel my pre-order and stop watching OWL if nothing changes.

I didn’t think this was going to effect me. I figured I’ll keep playing no matter what. I just feel so... dirty... Supporting this game.

Maybe this will all pass and I’ll get back into it. I’m not sure. Maybe Blizzard will do the right thing. I don’t know. I know people always come here and say they quit the game but I have never been one of them. I’ll see what happens.

/blogfaqs
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
1 week ago#2
Same. I'm in wait and see mode but this is so f***ing s***ty. People saying respecting societal differences like anthropologists watching human sacrifices smh
No human being, when you understand his desires, is worthless.
No one's life is nothing.

User Info: MetaIGearRex

MetaIGearRex
1 week ago#3
Wow i'm just finding this out. That is pretty s***ty.
I'm an ass. Try not to take it personally.

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
1 week ago#4
Definitely ugly but let's be realistic.. we'll all be playing it again come Halloween event next week.

That's just the hardest thing about anything. We've all invested too much time and energy into something we enjoy. This is not going to be easy to step away from.
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.

DepreceV2
1 week ago#5
GRTooCool posted...
Definitely ugly but let's be realistic.. we'll all be playing it again come Halloween event next week.

That's just the hardest thing about anything. We've all invested too much time and energy into something we enjoy. This is not going to be easy to step away from.

If I do leave I hope I don’t get pulled back in. I can’t guarantee anything though. It’s just not realistic for me to stand up and say I’m quitting Overwatch cold turkey when I’m so invested.
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

User Info: SonicNash

SonicNash
1 week ago#6
Did something happened? Is this about the lack of Halloween contents tease?

DepreceV2
1 week ago#7
SonicNash posted...
Did something happened? Is this about the lack of Halloween contents tease?

Oh you missed it. It’s so much. Google “Blizzard” and “China” together
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 week ago#8
Can I get a source for whatever it is that's going on?

It's unclear to me what bliz has allegedly done.

Also, a group of guys I've been playing with for the last 2 years are all picking up the new CoD... I'm gonna join them.

I'll keep OW but if CoD is good I'm probably done.
There's a 4 player campaign mode, plus all the other matches you can play.
Honestly, OW kinda sucks outside of qp/comp and the PvE events. By and large, arcade is hot trash.
The constant nerfs/bluffs and extreme meta changes get tiresome. Despite all this, it's a great game... but it's just gotten a bit stale.
Recycled events aren't helping. The current meta really isn't helping, so stale.

DepreceV2
1 week ago#9
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/09/activision-blizzard-hong-kong-china-boycott-blizzard-response
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

User Info: kastle26

kastle26
1 week ago#10
If you bought the game, Blizzard already has your money and doesn’t really care if you quit at this point.

Instead, keep playing if you want, but never spend another dime on loot boxes. Also, you can be a thorn in their side by supporting the campaign to make Mei the official Overwatch face of Hong Kong. The goal here is to make it so prominent that China ends up banning Overwatch. It probably won’t happen, but I can dream.
psn: kastle26
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. I think I might actually be done with Overwatch BLOGFAQS
  • Post New Message