You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Ok yeah... they destroyed Brigitte.

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 week ago#1
I genuinely didn't realise how bad it was until now. She has been absolutely destroyed as a character. You have my sympathy if you main her.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: MetaIGearRex

MetaIGearRex
1 week ago#2
She's a much more powerful healer. And she's still good at destroying flankers.
I'm an ass.

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
1 week ago#3
It's her 200 hp shield that makes me worried. Pretty much anything will destroy that so you'll likely have to save it only for Stun Bashes and maybe to block a D.Va bomb.

But overall, the general consensus is that you'll need to play her completely differently now. Probably as someone who is fragile like Mercy and Zenyatta.
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.
Terenigma posted...
You have my sympathy if you main her.

Thank you....
IGN is Goola, Y trainer name is DarkPsycho and code is 5215 1239 5630

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 week ago#5
GRTooCool posted...
It's her 200 hp shield that makes me worried. Pretty much anything will destroy that so you'll likely have to save it only for Stun Bashes and maybe to block a D.Va bomb.

But overall, the general consensus is that you'll need to play her completely differently now. Probably as someone who is fragile like Mercy and Zenyatta.

Which would be fine if her whole character wasn't based around close-range melee attacks. I wasn't really a Brig main at all but seeing just how different she is now is crazy. Did she need a more heal-focused rework? Sure, but her shield is a joke now. I just played a match where it felt like one attack from Sigma took down the shield in one go. They need to fix that immediately because it feels like all she can do now is stand back and throw heal packs.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: WizardPowers

WizardPowers
1 week ago#6
She was more of a tank than healer so yeah you kinda need to break the mold on that one
http://i.imgur.com/FS3aeNW.png
http://i.imgur.com/Hy9IDHK.gif

User Info: Banterrific8

Banterrific8
1 week ago#7
They really didn't need to touch her shield. For all the nerfs she's been given, giving her 3 armour packs was a nice buff to make her more viable as a healer. But Blizzard hates Brigitte more than literally any other character in the game (perhaps excepting Mercy), so this was inevitable.

User Info: DepreceV2

DepreceV2
1 week ago#8
You should be using her shield for 2 things now.
-Shield Bash
-Block Cooldowns/Ults
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

User Info: Suspiria

Suspiria
1 week ago#9
Yeah, they f***ed her over royally. You'll still have gits swearing up and down 'she's better' now and downplaying how easily destroyed she is.

Meanwhile, Hanzo, Genji, and Tracer still continue to have their BS abilities not properly getting addressed. And Reinhardt's ultimate still continues to be buggy.

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
1 week ago#10
Banterrific8 posted...
They really didn't need to touch her shield. For all the nerfs she's been given, giving her 3 armour packs was a nice buff to make her more viable as a healer. But Blizzard hates Brigitte more than literally any other character in the game (perhaps excepting Mercy), so this was inevitable.

Is it Blizzard though or is it the pro players? Their top players were all stuck in Brigitte jail so Blizzard pretty much had no choice to destroy her.

I understand changing the way she heals, because in a 2-2-2 role lock, her currently set isn't strong enough to sustain healing. But I think we can all agree that her Shield didn't have to be nerfed to oblivion though. Oh well.
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Ok yeah... they destroyed Brigitte.