• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Baptiste is horrible.

User Info: RealmIyce

RealmIyce
1 month ago#1
Ahh good ol Bap. He's subpar at best. 17 second cd on abilities, which means your main job every match is lobbing heal grenades and hoping your team isn't extremely mobile (which they will be). Even if you don't factor in the crazy long cd, his aoe heal will NOT save anybody in a pinch. It's more of a "right after combat" heal to get ready before they attack again.

His immortality field is useless because people are already smart enough to simply target the projector and get rid of it.

His ultimate is OP but maybe one of the most situational abilities in the game that takes a lot of thought and just the right placement. This means what, 80% of players are gonna suck at using it.

Oh he has nice looking skins though, so...that's a plus right?
I've been around for a long time. Really miss some of the old PS2 boards.

User Info: guncaddy

guncaddy
1 month ago#2
It’ll be interesting to see how it turns out. The field is more a ‘get out of jail’ card to stop ults and such. Not a field to swing a team fight.
Pretty pretty is the horsey who hath drunken the magic tequila

User Info: MetaIGearRex

MetaIGearRex
1 month ago#3
Seems like he's gonna be the king of goats.
I'm an ass.

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 month ago#4
Yeah, i'm not feeling him as a character. He does decent healing but i still feel like Mercy/Ana/Moira are better and his abilities are no way near as "OP" as the PTR people were making them sound. One thing i do like about him is his gun's burst fire. I played a lot of Halo in my youth and it feels like using the battle rifle and i LOVED the battle rifle.

Overall, interesting new character who's not bad but not great but the meat of the update was the buffs to most of the other characters. Hammond is amazing now and i'm really digging the Orisa buff too!
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: swordz9

swordz9
1 month ago#5
His Immortality Field is best used as a counter to D.Va bombs or Riptires. It’s not something you’re supposed to use all the time to turn the tide of fights or anything. He’s a character who will shine in teams with communication and probably be garbage with randoms since a third or more will just dps with him and the rest will struggle to have a coordinated team.

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
1 month ago#6
TC proclaims his healing wont save anyone. well im downloading the overwatch patch and ill let you know if youre wrong. ill let you know how many lives i save.

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
1 month ago#7
ok i played him i had np saving lives but he has no self heal and only 200 hp so he just dies easily unless he uses his move to prevent death which seems very powerful. it prevented me from dying to a dva ult, but i got killed right after anyhow due to no ability to heal myself. hes great support but you'd need hard healing with him to make it work.

User Info: Splinter_Within

Splinter_Within
1 month ago#8
Retroxgamer0 posted...
ok i played him i had np saving lives but he has no self heal and only 200 hp so he just dies easily unless he uses his move to prevent death which seems very powerful. it prevented me from dying to a dva ult, but i got killed right after anyhow due to no ability to heal myself. hes great support but you'd need hard healing with him to make it work.

He has grenades and an aoe dot heal

User Info: krazykiwikid

krazykiwikid
1 month ago#9
Every single time.

Character been out 5 minutes and they're either OP or trash.

Every single time.
If you wish to make a topic about Xbox One then do so. What happens with the PlayStation has nothing to do with Xbox - Gamefaqs moderator

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#10
krazykiwikid posted...
Every single time.

Character been out 5 minutes and they're either OP or trash.

Every single time.

That's how Overwatch has always worked, and probably how a bunch of other Blizzard s*** works.
Smash is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi, Negan | SC6: Mitsurugi, Groh
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Baptiste is horrible.
  • Topic Archived