• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Update is live for PS4 (Maybe others?)

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
4 weeks ago#1
868mb update. Enjoy.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: EzraGenesis

EzraGenesis
4 weeks ago#2
Time for the public to see how OP this new hero is.
"The Vita will probably outlive the Switch" RandyDragon
PSN: AxiomGenesis

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
4 weeks ago#3
I'll turn on my PS4 when I get home from work, then put it on rest mode while I take my afternoon nap. Thanks for the heads up.

EzraGenesis posted...

As with all new heroes, it'll be instalocked on QP so there's no chance of trying him out. I might mess around on No Limits just to pick him but usually there are try-hards on the other team that'll pick characters who counter him just to win the game lol.

Mystery Heroes, my main mode will help too.
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.

User Info: leatherhead333

leatherhead333
4 weeks ago#4
Right now it's really a matter of if he will be effective against GOATS or if he will replace one of the characters in it. Brig and Lucio are pretty mandatory for GOATS to work so that means he'd have to compete with Zen. Discord simply to strong of a tool (regardless of the upcoming nerf) him to be more effective imo. He offers more healing than Zen of course but in Rein V Rein duels the Rein with discord at his side has the advantage since even taking one swing without a Zarya bubble means you have to put it right back up or get melted.

Regardless I kind of hope people can use him in anti-goats play. Not that I hate it, I just think it should have some effective counter comps aside from the multiple DPS comps (which most pro teams don't usually play outside of first point of 2CP.

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
4 weeks ago#5
Ok initial impressions is that he seems fine. Doesn't seem OP at all on his own but combine him with a Bastion and put an Orisa shield protecting his invicibility field and ohhhh boy...
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: ReturnOfThaJedi

ReturnOfThaJedi
4 weeks ago#6
Updating now on Xbox
https://vine.co/v/OnxDJZlq5nF
Wuz Brackin?
(message deleted)

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
4 weeks ago#8
leatherhead333 posted...
Right now it's really a matter of if he will be effective against GOATS or if he will replace one of the characters in it. Brig and Lucio are pretty mandatory for GOATS to work so that means he'd have to compete with Zen. Discord simply to strong of a tool (regardless of the upcoming nerf) him to be more effective imo. He offers more healing than Zen of course but in Rein V Rein duels the Rein with discord at his side has the advantage since even taking one swing without a Zarya bubble means you have to put it right back up or get melted.

Regardless I kind of hope people can use him in anti-goats play. Not that I hate it, I just think it should have some effective counter comps aside from the multiple DPS comps (which most pro teams don't usually play outside of first point of 2CP.

That's what I'm most curious about...

I saw a video that NYXL posted on their Youtube channel with Jjonak and Flower playing Baptiste. Basically what it sounds like is that Jjonak still thinks it'll be GOATS. Flower thinks Baptiste's cooldowns are way too long for him to be effective. And from what little I saw, the immortality field looks OP but Jjonak was even saying "Get out of the field, stop relying on it to keep you alive", because once the field is destroyed, the people who stayed in it dies anyway.

So yeah... it's likely going to be very situational but time will tell.
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.

User Info: BA2929

BA2929
4 weeks ago#9
EzraGenesis posted...

lol give me a break
"Two grand slams in a week - man, that's seven or eight ribbies right there."
- Bill Madlock, Baseball broadcaster

User Info: ReturnOfThaJedi

ReturnOfThaJedi
4 weeks ago#10
BA2929 posted...
EzraGenesis posted...

lol give me a break

Yeah tbh he's nowhere near OP
https://vine.co/v/OnxDJZlq5nF
Wuz Brackin?
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Update is live for PS4 (Maybe others?)
  • Topic Archived