You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. The Actual State of Overwatch

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
4 weeks ago#1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnxqVd2OiQc

This is about a month old, but this Master rank player follows up on Seagull's discussion about Overwatch's current state.
Smash is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi, Negan | SC6: Mitsurugi, Groh

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
4 weeks ago#2
Games dead,
Because someone linked him a picture of 8000 people playing at 6 am on a Monday in between Seasons

Dude took 3 years to figure out that all there is to do is climb ranks and farm lootboxes. He burned himself out and now he's saying the games bad at 3000 hours played.
Just another Brigitte b**** topic, "Briggitte ruined the entire game and drove the hardcore playerbase away" Is laughable.

He said Blizzard laid of 800 employees, and that ruined Overwatch.... By making Lootboxes and rank climbing the only thing, even though that's been a thing since alpha.

He attacks Jeff, You know, the Scapegoat, Whose job is to basically take the heat off the game and it's dev team (sans himself).

Briggitte didnt ruin the game now, Everyones opinion matters, but Masters opinions should be the only ones that matter. His opinion keeps flip flopping so he can say PR Speak.

"Goats isn't a problem" "Goats is the entire problem" "Goats isn't really a problem, but Goats is ruining the game" The fact he said these 3 sentences within the video just makes me laugh.

"Decay sucks, I have to play with platinum and gold players now" He also isn't sure why he quit now, because it went from "Just grinding comp rank and farming lootboxes" to now being "Events suck" and "Cheaters suck"

"Nobody plays Competitive CTF" "It's just sad" "There should always be a competitive Arcade mode" - b****es about competitive mode, b****es nobody plays them, b****es that the events nobody plays should be played year round.

Thinks posting on Reddit should make things appear in the game.

"like comment subscribe, I work so hard making these videos" "Look how terrible my Rainbow Six video did, It was sponsored, I got paid to play it" "Let me just spend half this video talking about my Youtube Channel, so I can hit 3rd Monetization line"

"APEX APEX APEX" "I'm going to do Apex videos now" "GO WATCH MY RAINBOW SIX VIDEO" "LOOK FOR ALL MY OTHER VIDEOS"

Also, funny he wants to play Apex when he quit Overwatch because all it has is competitive rank and lootboxes, while Apex didnt even have those. Lol.

"The Twitch category of Overwatch being 8000" "Nobody watches Overwatch, because they watch Overwatch League now" - Should someone tell him? Overwatch League was in the top watched Channels on Twitch in February, the month that he made this video. 9 Am on a Tuesday, OW is over 15k right now, probably the worst time of the week.

TLDR: "Someone sent me a Screenshot, the games dead"

https://i.imgtc.com/M0jdEKi.jpg
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: CalmG

CalmG
4 weeks ago#3
I HATE it when players with like 4000 hours played say that they now hate the game and it's because of reason A or reason B - no it's because you're burned out on it, like you would be on any games and most leasure activities in life when you've been doing them that long. It is so ****ing selfish, $60 for 4000 hours of playtime is the sign of a phenomenal game, and then they post these whingy, selfish posts on the forum about how useless the overwatch team is. Grrrrr.
PSN: calum12345661
play me at street fighter 5, or team up for overwatch
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
4 weeks ago#4
this game is special, i quit most other games much sooner

User Info: God_Of_Entirety

God_Of_Entirety
4 weeks ago#5
Retroxgamer0 posted...
http://i.imgur.com/6sZfSDo.gif ~ Choose not a life of imitation
TRICKFINGER

User Info: Chipmunk_Sniper

Chipmunk_Sniper
4 weeks ago#6
God_Of_Entirety posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
PSN- ReVeR_364
I like shooting at stuff

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
3 weeks ago#7
AzaneAzer posted...
Games dead,

dying at least not that that is bad given how long it managed to stick around

AzaneAzer
3 weeks ago#8
lenmutt posted...

It's probably one of the most active 2016 games today.

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
3 weeks ago#9
AzaneAzer posted...
lenmutt posted...

It's probably one of the most active 2016 games today.

well it's no 2013 game that's for sure~ I can't believe Warframe didn't get that ongoing award two years in a row....

hmm some fighting games are pretty alive that are a touch long in the tooth like SFV and Tekken 7

how is Destiny 2 doing? Seeing more people going towards that with all these live service games about

AzaneAzer
3 weeks ago#10
lenmutt posted...
how is Destiny 2 doing? Seeing more people going towards that with all these live service games about

Destiny 2 was DOA, in 2017.
It's doing better now, that they added some content, but it's almost $200 to play the game if you followed it from retail.

lenmutt posted...
well it's no 2013 game that's for sure~ I can't believe Warframe didn't get that ongoing award two years in a row....

"Free" to Play is it's own category in this respect, There's that crowd that perpetually doesn't have any money, and goes from "free" to play to "free" to play game constantly. I mean, Runescape is honestly the "Free" to play success story out of anything.

lenmutt posted...
hmm some fighting games are pretty alive that are a touch long in the tooth like SFV and Tekken 7

Street Fighter 5 was an Early Access Title, it's not even fully done now, as they're still making sweeping changes and adding stuff from SF4. It's not fair to call it 206, unless you also call OW 2014 when Alpha footage was showing up.

Not Sure on Tekken 7, Does it still break 1M on the weekends? PC Version is showing ~1800-2500 people playing, with ~5 (Single and Multi), While similar numbers have OW in the 100k range on the same metric.

800 Twitch Viewers for Tekken to 21.7k Twitch Viewers for OW (grain of salt, Saturday Early Morning)
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. The Actual State of Overwatch