• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Will I get ranked Higher, Lower or about the same on PC vs Console?

User Info: DepreceV2

DepreceV2
1 month ago#11
So just a new update. Just got done placing and I ended up at 2872. Don't know how tbh. I was going to get Diamond but I ended up playing like HOT GARBAGE the last 2 games. My mechanics are REALLY bad though so I'm shocked I'm even this high. I feel like I should be Gold. I don't know.
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
1 month ago#12
DepreceV2 posted...
So just a new update. Just got done placing and I ended up at 2872. Don't know how tbh. I was going to get Diamond but I ended up playing like HOT GARBAGE the last 2 games. My mechanics are REALLY bad though so I'm shocked I'm even this high. I feel like I should be Gold. I don't know.

It kinda seems like anyone with knowledge of how the game works like you do get placed in Plat by default cause it's where 97% of the playerbase lives.
"I Never Die!!" -Smash Daisaku

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 month ago#13
What's your rank?

Cuz ain't nobody ranking into diamond+.

95% end up in silver-gold

You'd have to play horrendously bad place in bronze and if you're really good (or just get lucky and win most of your placements) you could land low to mid plat.

I've never met anyone that placed into diamond, but I suppose it's possible for smurf account if you team up with a bunch of players in masters.

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
1 month ago#14
My friend in GM has placed 3000-3200 on all her alts solo q. Same with this guy who has been t500, tho i just saw him place 1 alt.

That's good tho how do you like the chat feature? ai like that you can talk to the enemy.
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots

DepreceV2
1 month ago#15
DarxWingDuck posted...
What's your rank?

Cuz ain't nobody ranking into diamond+.

95% end up in silver-gold

You'd have to play horrendously bad place in bronze and if you're really good (or just get lucky and win most of your placements) you could land low to mid plat.

I've never met anyone that placed into diamond, but I suppose it's possible for smurf account if you team up with a bunch of players in masters.

I don't know what my rank was on Xbox but I'm sure it decayed to 3K by now. It was probably low Diamond though.

Like I said, I placed at 2872? on PC. At one point I was in Diamond games for sure. 3100 games
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

DepreceV2
1 month ago#16
Edge_of_Ada posted...
My friend in GM has placed 3000-3200 on all her alts solo q. Same with this guy who has been t500, tho i just saw him place 1 alt.

That's good tho how do you like the chat feature? ai like that you can talk to the enemy.

I really enjoy it. It's hilarious at times
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#17
PC aim is better than console, so...probably lower. You're still dealing with the same kind of bulls*** rigged matchmaking as on console. The difference is that people know how to aim better on PC by means of always having a keyboard and a mouse. Making strategies on PC, however, is a lot harder than it is on console. Movement is different on PC and you need to be more precise at the right moments. Unfortunately, people are even less cooperative on PC than on console.
Smash is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi, Negan | SC6: Mitsurugi, Groh
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Will I get ranked Higher, Lower or about the same on PC vs Console?
  • Topic Archived