• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Will I get ranked Higher, Lower or about the same on PC vs Console?

User Info: DepreceV2

DepreceV2
1 month ago#1
Will I get ranked Higher, Lower or about the same on PC vs Console? - Results (25 votes)
Higher
16% (4 votes)
About the same
28% (7 votes)
Lower
56% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This poll is just for fun. I'm getting close to level 25 on PC so I will finally get to play rank. So background info:

-I'm a Gold Border on Xbox
-My SR range is normally between 3000-3200
-I'm a Hanzo main on Xbox but I think I'm transitioning over to support until I become better.
-I'm going to probably main Ana and Zen on PC
-I never played games on Keyboard and Mouse before until I got this game on PC

With that info... where do you think I'll get placed? I definatly am getting better but I'm far away from mastering KB&M. I still press wrong buttons for stuff.
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
1 month ago#2
If you're going to dive into comp right away before you get really comfortable with KB&M, then you're probably going to rank way lower.

Once you're comfortable with it, I'd imagine that you would be higher since I keep hearing that people use mics more on PC (even though a mic comes with a PS4/Xbox One), so the communication could be better. And if people don't, at least you can type stuff out.

I made a thread similar to this as I was always curious myself... but I don't have a gaming PC and don't want to go out of my way to get one just for OW... lol. So that's a no-go on my end.
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
1 month ago#3
I don't know, but I'd love to see your results!

My PC account is way higher, but my main on PS4 is gold boarder and its MMR is hard stuck in Plat.
"I Never Die!!" -Smash Daisaku

DepreceV2
1 month ago#4
GRTooCool posted...
If you're going to dive into comp right away before you get really comfortable with KB&M, then you're probably going to rank way lower.

Once you're comfortable with it, I'd imagine that you would be higher since I keep hearing that people use mics more on PC (even though a mic comes with a PS4/Xbox One), so the communication could be better. And if people don't, at least you can type stuff out.

I made a thread similar to this as I was always curious myself... but I don't have a gaming PC and don't want to go out of my way to get one just for OW... lol. So that's a no-go on my end.

That's what I was thinking too. The thing is though is that it can take me months to get use to KB&M like I'm use to a controller. I don't want to wait that long.

What's awesome about PC though is that Quickplay is WAY better. People make 2-2-2 comps more often than not which blew my mind. Also, it's VERY clear that there is NOWHERE NEAR the amount of Smurfs on PC vs Console. I'll go as far and say that PC has 90% less Smurfs vs Console
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

User Info: BlackAmaterasu

BlackAmaterasu
1 month ago#5
Around the same. It’s the same game just on a different platform. You don’t lose game sense you just have to adjust to Keyboard and mouse

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
1 month ago#6
I can't adjust to m and k lmao I placed 2000 and fell like crazy. I practice a lil everyday tho but my aim is like 0
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots

User Info: amensvalves

amensvalves
1 month ago#7
Yeah I tried pc version like 6 months ago but I couldn't aim because I haven't played a pc fps since Delta Force 2. Back to console I went!
Undefeated on Gamefaqs

DepreceV2
1 month ago#8
amensvalves posted...
Yeah I tried pc version like 6 months ago but I couldn't aim because I haven't played a pc fps since Delta Force 2. Back to console I went!

You'll never learn if you give up so early. You just got to grind it out
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

User Info: leatherhead333

leatherhead333
1 month ago#9
Basically if your game sense is at Masters/GM level on Console you'll be at about the same on PC once you've adjusted to the controls. Every tactic from Dive, GOATS etc. works exactly the same on both systems the only real difference is that certain characters can be played exponentially better on PC simply because computers will always be better for most shooters (meaning if you main one of those characters you'll probably improve once on PC).

The only habit that I personally would have to wean myself from is not respecting Widowmaker line of sight as much since not that many Widow's on console are on the same level as PC ones (most of the ones that are use Mouse/keyboard anyway).

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
1 month ago#10
I agree with respecting LoS thst is such a painful lesson lol.

My right hand gets all tense and stiff with a thumbstick so theoretically I should be better in the end.

I use Kovaaks to practice, it's nice
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Will I get ranked Higher, Lower or about the same on PC vs Console?
  • Topic Archived