• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Is the current meta Blizzard's attempt to get DPS mains to try tank/healer more?

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 month ago#11
DepreceV2 posted...
Terenigma posted...
The only thing Blizzard/Overwatch devs are trying to do is get more money so we shouldn't pretend they are trying to do it for the players. All they see is viewers getting bored and not watching OWL because it's dominated by GOATS vs GOATS, aka the most boring to watch team setup so they are changing heroes to make the OWL pro players choose DPS to get the viewers back.

That's it. That's the only reason they are doing anything. Don't look beyond that because there is nothing to see.

That is a flat out lie and you know it

So you think the endless Brigitte nerfs was not because she was dominating in OWL?
You think the massive armour nerf to basically every tank had nothing to do with GOATS in the OWL?
You think Reaper (The tank killer) getting the massive lifesteal buff had nothing to do with GOATS in the OWL?
You think the PTR change to Junkrat (Another shield/Tank killer) that made his damage absolutely ridiculous was nothing to do with GOATS in OWL?
You think Zenyatta and Lucio (2 GOAT-needed healers) getting nerfed had nothing to do with GOATS in the OWL?
You think buffing basically every DPS across the board had nothing to do with GOATS?

Come on dude, it's clear as day what the latest batch of nerfs/buffs is for. Don't live in denial about what they are doing. They are running a business and basically the entire world owns Overwatch these days so they need to earn more money in other ways.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: DepreceV2

DepreceV2
1 month ago#12
Terenigma posted...
DepreceV2 posted...
Terenigma posted...
The only thing Blizzard/Overwatch devs are trying to do is get more money so we shouldn't pretend they are trying to do it for the players. All they see is viewers getting bored and not watching OWL because it's dominated by GOATS vs GOATS, aka the most boring to watch team setup so they are changing heroes to make the OWL pro players choose DPS to get the viewers back.

That's it. That's the only reason they are doing anything. Don't look beyond that because there is nothing to see.

That is a flat out lie and you know it

So you think the endless Brigitte nerfs was not because she was dominating in OWL?
You think the massive armour nerf to basically every tank had nothing to do with GOATS in the OWL?
You think Reaper (The tank killer) getting the massive lifesteal buff had nothing to do with GOATS in the OWL?
You think the PTR change to Junkrat (Another shield/Tank killer) that made his damage absolutely ridiculous was nothing to do with GOATS in OWL?
You think Zenyatta and Lucio (2 GOAT-needed healers) getting nerfed had nothing to do with GOATS in the OWL?
You think buffing basically every DPS across the board had nothing to do with GOATS?

Come on dude, it's clear as day what the latest batch of nerfs/buffs is for. Don't live in denial about what they are doing. They are running a business and basically the entire world owns Overwatch these days so they need to earn more money in other ways.

You are right about all the changes but you are wrong that they wouldn't be doing anything if it wasn't for the OWL. THAT is a lie. Why add endorsements in the game? Why throw resources at the matchmaker to try and achieve a locked 2-2-2 comp and having each role get its own SR? Yes they are working on that because Jeff flat out said it.

You don't do these things if it was only about the OWL. That is geared toward the community in attempt to making the gaming experience better
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
1 month ago#13
DarxWingDuck posted...
Edge_of_Ada posted...
Idc about the meta as long as I have fun with the viable heroes in it.

Ana is in GOATS on ladder, dunno about pro play.

Lucio and brig are the 2 you will always see.

3rd is almost always zen. Discord and still the best defensive ult in the game. Sometimes moira, I haven't seen ana or mercy picked in OWL yet but I don't watch every single match.

All the supports are good and playable as the 3rd but mercy is probably the worst.

Not OWL, ladder play in PC comp mode.

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

She has a ridiculous 10 percent pickrate in pc gm and they mostly just run GOATS afaik

for pickrates it's

Lucio 13 percent
Rein 11 percent
Ana 10 percent
Zarya 10 percent
Zen 7 percent
D.va 7 percent
Brig 4.5 percent

So by reading this data it looks like Lucio/Rein/Zarya/Ana are the core of Goats, typically with Zen and D.va who are sometimes subbed out

Again, in PC GM
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 month ago#14
Edge_of_Ada posted...
DarxWingDuck posted...
Edge_of_Ada posted...

3rd is almost always zen. Discord and still the best defensive ult in the game. Sometimes moira, I haven't seen ana or mercy picked in OWL yet but I don't watch every single match.

All the supports are good and playable as the 3rd but mercy is probably the worst.

She has a ridiculous 10 percent pickrate in pc gm and they mostly just run GOATS afaik

for pickrates it's

Lucio 13 percent
Rein 11 percent
Ana 10 percent
Zarya 10 percent
Zen 7 percent
D.va 7 percent
Brig 4.5 percent

So by reading this data it looks like Lucio/Rein/Zarya/Ana are the core of Goats, typically with Zen and D.va who are sometimes subbed out

Again, in PC GM

Gotcha, I was referring to what I see in OWL all the time.

I do see a lot of Ana on PS4 gold/plat comp for what that's worth. The anti on multiple enemies is as big as an ult in a lot of situations. Nano on rein after/during a yolo charge is pretty much always disruptive... plus now nano cam be used basically to save a life... which makes it pretty much like a rez ability.

She's definitely good but all bliz is concerned about right now is mirror match goats being run 90% of the time.

I fully expect more subtle tank and support nerfs along with dps buffs until another comp starts seeing some action on OWL.

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
1 month ago#15
Mhmmmm, she caught the ult heal nerf but I think she'll get more.

At least Baptiste is going to be crazy fun. The 1v1s with him are gonna be so cancer, 450 hp supports plus healing lol
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots

User Info: Sorugue

Sorugue
1 month ago#16
DarxWingDuck posted...
Edge_of_Ada posted...
DarxWingDuck posted...
Edge_of_Ada posted...

for pickrates it's

Lucio 13 percent
Rein 11 percent
Ana 10 percent
Zarya 10 percent
Zen 7 percent
D.va 7 percent
Brig 4.5 percent

Again, in PC GM

Gotcha, I was referring to what I see in OWL all the time.

I do see a lot of Ana on PS4 gold/plat comp for what that's worth. The anti on multiple enemies is as big as an ult in a lot of situations. Nano on rein after/during a yolo charge is pretty much always disruptive... plus now nano cam be used basically to save a life... which makes it pretty much like a rez ability.

She's definitely good but all bliz is concerned about right now is mirror match goats being run 90% of the time.

I fully expect more subtle tank and support nerfs along with dps buffs until another comp starts seeing some action on OWL.

Its the truth Blizz only makes major meta changes in response to whats going on in OWL. Its hardly a coincidence these major meta changes release when they do. Last year Owl was dominated by Dive comp, and the response? Brig was released mid season (grated not with enough time for pros to practice) who single handedly destroyed the dive comp meta for good (mind you I am or was before I retired a brig main.) Now that goats dominates OWL to the point the best DPS players are benched (or underperforming when they do play outside their specialty) its only now that they come up with major meta changes despite the fact Goats has been an issue for a very long time post league last year.
Currently playing: Trails of Cold Steel 2, Overwatch, Nioh, Horizon ZD, Sims 4, Tales of Berseria, Story of Seasons:ToT
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Is the current meta Blizzard's attempt to get DPS mains to try tank/healer more?
  • Topic Archived