• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Is the current meta Blizzard's attempt to get DPS mains to try tank/healer more?

User Info: BakusaiTenketsu

BakusaiTenketsu
1 month ago#1
We'll probably always have Hanzo mains, but maybe we won't see so many one tank, one healer, four dps comps.

I'm not a huge fan of the all tank and healers only comps, it feels very much against the concept the game intends, but it's definitely better than a team of nothing but snipers.
http://tinyurl.com/ozuq4pq
http://tinyurl.com/zy566j2

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 month ago#2
Ha... the assumption that it was bliz who planned on the goats meta is pretty hysterical.

They can't even figure out how to kill it without entirely deleting brig.

User Info: Suspiria

Suspiria
1 month ago#3
DarxWingDuck posted...
Ha... the assumption that it was bliz who planned on the goats meta is pretty hysterical.

The hell does Brigitte have to do with it again? It continues even with her having been nerfed into the ground. People seem to always forget Ana and Lucio both received buffs at the same time Brigitte was released (and they still have those buffs while Brigitte has been run into the ground). Brigitte is clearly not an issue here.

DarxWingDuck
1 month ago#4
Suspiria posted...
DarxWingDuck posted...

The hell does Brigitte have to do with it again? It continues even with her having been nerfed into the ground. People seem to always forget Ana and Lucio both received buffs at the same time Brigitte was released (and they still have those buffs while Brigitte has been run into the ground). Brigitte is clearly not an issue here.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

Is Ana part of goats? No
Is brig in 100% of goats comp? Yes

Lucio buff was just a larger radius... which is nice but not reallya factor in goats.

2 supports with passive AOE healing... 1 is brig. Goats was hardly ever used before brig.

Your question is what does brig have to do with it?

You must be trolling.

User Info: DepreceV2

DepreceV2
1 month ago#5
Hanzo mains have GREATLY diminished after his rework... Which makes no sense
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
1 month ago#6
Idc about the meta as long as I have fun with the viable heroes in it.

Ana is in GOATS on ladder, dunno about pro play.
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots

DepreceV2
1 month ago#7
Edge_of_Ada posted...

She is from time to time depending on the enemy team comp
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

DarxWingDuck
1 month ago#8
Edge_of_Ada posted...

Lucio and brig are the 2 you will always see.

3rd is almost always zen. Discord and still the best defensive ult in the game. Sometimes moira, I haven't seen ana or mercy picked in OWL yet but I don't watch every single match.

All the supports are good and playable as the 3rd but mercy is probably the worst.

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 month ago#9
The only thing Blizzard/Overwatch devs are trying to do is get more money so we shouldn't pretend they are trying to do it for the players. All they see is viewers getting bored and not watching OWL because it's dominated by GOATS vs GOATS, aka the most boring to watch team setup so they are changing heroes to make the OWL pro players choose DPS to get the viewers back.

That's it. That's the only reason they are doing anything. Don't look beyond that because there is nothing to see.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

DepreceV2
1 month ago#10
Terenigma posted...
The only thing Blizzard/Overwatch devs are trying to do is get more money so we shouldn't pretend they are trying to do it for the players. All they see is viewers getting bored and not watching OWL because it's dominated by GOATS vs GOATS, aka the most boring to watch team setup so they are changing heroes to make the OWL pro players choose DPS to get the viewers back.

That's it. That's the only reason they are doing anything. Don't look beyond that because there is nothing to see.

That is a flat out lie and you know it
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Is the current meta Blizzard's attempt to get DPS mains to try tank/healer more?
  • Topic Archived