• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Mercy needs a buff

User Info: super_felicia

super_felicia
1 month ago#1
Her healing is too weak now. You can literally have you staff on someone the whole match and a good ana will be able to outheal her if theres 3 tanks. She just seems really underpowered besides rezzing that makes her kinda worthwhile
We've got trouble And make it Double

User Info: DepreceV2

DepreceV2
1 month ago#2
super_felicia posted...
Her healing is too weak now. You can literally have you staff on someone the whole match and a good ana will be able to outheal her if theres 3 tanks. She just seems really underpowered besides rezzing that makes her kinda worthwhile

Ana has always been able to do that no matter the versions of either character
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main

User Info: kiba312

kiba312
1 month ago#3
DepreceV2 posted...
super_felicia posted...

Ana has always been able to do that no matter the versions of either character

This. Mercy's healing isn't the issue, but her lackluster utility. She basically has no ult and her strongest utility is gated under a 30 sec CD and strict conditions with no way of accelerating that time frame, which hinders the rate she's able to contest other Healers with equally powerful utilities that aren't gated by a half minute CD and a Hide & Seek minigame.

The most impactful use of Valkyrie is going attack helicopter on enemies since you can kill enemies faster than heal up your allies, which isn't what a Healer is supposed to do. That's how screwed her kit is right now.
Switch FC: SW-7023-5202-9153
LoL IGN: inplane, Battle.net: inplane#1750

User Info: swordz9

swordz9
1 month ago#4
I’m perfectly fine with her the way she is now after how awful Mercywatch made the game for a couple months

kiba312
1 month ago#5
swordz9 posted...
I’m perfectly fine with her the way she is now after how awful Mercywatch made the game for a couple months

As long as this community keeps the "Blizzard Balance" mindset, we wont be able to achieve a semblance of balance ever. We're not fixing anything if we intentionally leave portions of the hero pool flat out unviable because "They deserve it." That's exactly how Moth Meta even came to be. Ana and Lucio were gimped as 2 out of the 3 main Healers at the time and Mercy went uncontested thanks to Blizz's genius rework that the community tried to fix.

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 month ago#6
Mercy does not need a healing buff. The only change i would make to her is allow the ultimate to reset her resurrect cooldown because i think it's stupid that it doesn't. Also comparing her to Ana is unfair, Ana doesn't have anywhere near the same mobility and her only ability to self heal is on 10 second cooldown whilst Mercy has auto-regen constantly active.

Also concerning her utility, she's a dedicated healer and can still buff and resurrect which are arguably two of the best things a healer can do outside of their main job of healing. She's not supposed to do everything and even if she was given anything more, she would be too good. If you don't like the kind of character she is then play someone else with more utility, there are 5 other healers to pick from.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: Buck_Chop

Buck_Chop
1 month ago#7
Shes just boring to play now, but having a res in any form is a bit op.

Thank god its not the whole team anymore.
Nah.

User Info: Suspiria

Suspiria
1 month ago#8
People tried to explain this to the crybabies with all the unnecessary nerfs, but they wouldn't let this 'shut up she's too OP you don't understand!' bulls*** slide.

Just like people tried to explain this to others regarding Brigitte being run into the ground and they just kept on screaming 'OP! OP! OP! OP!'

Now we have two healers who were run into the ground. Well, there's also the unnecessary nerf Zen got as well.

User Info: MetaIGearRex

MetaIGearRex
1 month ago#9
I would never say Mercy was OP, but she can become a mandatory pick and then you get "we have to have a mercy" in every single game. IMO Mercy needs an entire overhaul. She needs to be a completely new character.
I'm an ass.

kiba312
1 month ago#10
Terenigma posted...
Mercy does not need a healing buff. The only change i would make to her is allow the ultimate to reset her resurrect cooldown because i think it's stupid that it doesn't. Also comparing her to Ana is unfair, Ana doesn't have anywhere near the same mobility and her only ability to self heal is on 10 second cooldown whilst Mercy has auto-regen constantly active.

Also concerning her utility, she's a dedicated healer and can still buff and resurrect which are arguably two of the best things a healer can do outside of their main job of healing. She's not supposed to do everything and even if she was given anything more, she would be too good. If you don't like the kind of character she is then play someone else with more utility, there are 5 other healers to pick from.

Mercy doesn't need more utility. It would be nice to have, but that's not her issue. Back when she could only heal one person, damage boost one person, and Rez up to 5 allies, she was fine. She had a simple kit that worked well if used correctly.

The difference is that Blizz gimped everything about her compared to previous iterations and left nothing in return. She needs practical utility that is favourable to use in and out of combat. Right now, you pretty much never want to give LoS to enemies as Mercy because there's no need to. Valk lets her heal from 30m away, Valk's flight speed is a joke, chain beams is pretty much autopilot on an already-basic character, and Rez punishes her for engaging in fights. All things considered, we're left with a rather bland and unengaging hero of what Mercy was. Yeah GA offers superb survival potential, but what's the point of surviving when all your allies will die from your pitiful healing and non-existent utility anyways?

The only thing about Mercy that is still mildly engaging to play is GA and it's superjump properties, something that isn't even intentionally programmed into the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Mercy needs a buff
  • Topic Archived