You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. It has finally happened. We are officially in the darkest timeline balance-wise.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2AHX3fG2eY

This is what the Overwatch community wanted.

There was nothing we could have done to prevent this, because Blizzard only cares about money now instead of making a good, long-lasting product.

This is definitive proof that the game isn't competitive.

They have sacrificed potential gameplay depth, to cater to Quick Play casuals who don't want to play the game the way it is meant to be played.

Welcome to the eternal nightmare.

Welcome to DPSwatch.
Super Smash Bros. is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Guile, Zeku | T7: Dragunov, Lars | SC6: Cervantes
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
1 month ago#2
Still, I bet most OWL teams will be running GOATS on most maps.
I Never Die!!

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
1 month ago#3
psuedospike posted...
Still, I bet most OWL teams will be running GOATS on most maps.

Yeah no way they had time to practice anything new.
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots

User Info: Cloudking15

Cloudking15
1 month ago#4
Props to the Community reference. I'm gonna go dye my hair blue

User Info: Ssinfaxi_7OOOOO

Ssinfaxi_7OOOOO
1 month ago#5
Wait what happened? Was there a new Patch note after the s***ty Reaper buff? Cause I haven’t heard anything as of late.
---
1 + 1= Jibberish in Neutral,, 1 + 2= Stupid in stereo,, 1 + 3= A group of idiots,, 1 + 4= 2 halfs of a whole idiot.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
4 weeks ago#6
Ssinfaxi_7OOOOO posted...
Wait what happened? Was there a new Patch note after the s***ty Reaper buff? Cause I haven’t heard anything as of late.

No. The vid talks about how it is now possible to run 3-4 DPS as a viable comp, especially as a counter against Goats.
Super Smash Bros. is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Guile, Zeku | T7: Dragunov, Lars | SC6: Cervantes

User Info: OUC_Lunarian

OUC_Lunarian
4 weeks ago#7
Vulcan422 posted...
Ssinfaxi_7OOOOO posted...

No. The vid talks about how it is now possible to run 3-4 DPS as a viable comp, especially as a counter against Goats.

I’ve only seen Goats 4 times this season it’s still valid, I’d rather see that combo than quad dps there is no reason such comps to be dominating it throws all effort out the window for pure offense there is no satisfaction from such comps

User Info: Canned Toast

Canned Toast
4 weeks ago#8
"Although we haven't seen dps comp a ton, they do come out on specific maps"

I'm glad they said this early in the vid so I could close it.

User Info: poorpint

poorpint
4 weeks ago#9
Top text

Yellow text

Bottom text

Funny face

User Info: Cloudking15

Cloudking15
4 weeks ago#10
I personally don't see the problem with quad dps being viable as long as its not the only viable comp.

Also, the dps cast is so diverse at this point, that if you have a combo like Sym, Mei, McCree, Soldier, then you still have a good combination of crowd control +flank protection + emergency heals.

I mean, let's say your playing defense in hollywood, would you rather have a comp of:

Mercy, Lucio, D. Va, Roadhog, Reaper, McCree

or

Moira, Rein, Sym, Mei, McCree, Soldier

In all honesty, the latter seems more viable and more fun to me. Namely because the tank is actually a shield tank, there is a character to support and enable the tank, there are plenty of aoe heals, solid crowd control, plenty of ult counters, plenty of ult combinations, turrets to counter flankers, and a solid combo of burst and hitscan. Quad dps? Yes. But wisely constructed quad dps.

(And sure, change Dva or Hog to Orisa/Rein in the first comp, and you probably have a winner there. But we've all been in that situation where you have tanks but no main tank because they can be a bit stale to play. I'm just saying I'd personally rather have a main tank -main healer -quad dps vs. 2-2-2 without a main tank on defense. As long as those quad dps have utility and aren't just 4 independent players trying to get picks by themselves. )

As long as we're not in a dive situation, where if you're not playing dive your handicapping yourself, then I'm fine. If both 0 dps and quad dps are both viable comps in the same season, it just doesn't sound like a problem to me. If people have more fun playing dps then let them. The "right way to play this game" is just winning and having fun. End Story. As long as people are able to do that, what's really the problem?
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. It has finally happened. We are officially in the darkest timeline balance-wise.