You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. This is why you can't take Comp/SR seriously.

User Info: WizardPowers

WizardPowers
4 weeks ago#21
psuedospike posted...
Psuedospike
Pseudospike
Spike

unless these names aren't accurate you main completely different heroes/roles on these accounts

so of course your SR will be wildly different across them lol
http://i.imgur.com/FS3aeNW.png
http://i.imgur.com/Hy9IDHK.gif

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
4 weeks ago#22
Captain_Qwark posted...
Well one of those is private, the plat one is bastion/symm main which explains why that one is in plat and the two accounts on pc named "spike" main much more viable heroes

So I guess I'm Einstein now

I played Bastion and Symm a lot this season, but that's not all. You may be a total Einstein, but Sherlock you clearly are not. Stop trying to stick up for SR and rank in a game where they are so obviously fundamentally broken.

WizardPowers posted...
psuedospike posted...
Psuedospike
Pseudospike
Spike

unless these names aren't accurate you main completely different heroes/roles on these accounts

so of course your SR will be wildly different across them lol

That's the thing tho I dont main anyone, I've played this game for thousands of hours and can play just about any hero pretty well. Most of the time I solo queue and flex pick.
I Never Die!!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
4 weeks ago#23
Lol, is he still trying to explain away why he dropped from 2999 with Symmetra pre-change to gold, when we had a 20 page argument over people being carried to 2999 as Symmetra?

psuedospike
4 weeks ago#24
AzaneAzer posted...
Lol, is he still trying to explain away why he dropped from 2999 with Symmetra pre-change to gold, when we had a 20 page argument over people being carried to 2999 as Symmetra?

Fake News
I Never Die!!
(edited 4 weeks ago)
psuedospike posted...
Game bugged out and through no fault of my own I lost 50SR, got soft-banned for 10 minutes and lost an Endorsement rank.

With bugs like this still happening it's no wonder why people don't take rank seriously.

Fix yo game Blizzard!

https://youtu.be/RoR5fCdQP3Y

I've been playing since launch, random disconnects are not a common issue or problem.

On top of that, you'll never receive a ten minute ban for anything less than repeatedly leaving matches. Personally I think they should be more strict to discourage rage-quitters but the current system is more than lenient. You also lose endorsement rating when you leave a game before it's finished, honestly the current system is fair.

As far as losing 50 SR, that seems quite excessive. SR loss is also tied to personal performance. The better you perform compared to those in a similar bracket/ character, the less SR you lose. Ive had matches where I only lost 8 SR.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

psuedospike
4 weeks ago#26
Splinter_Within posted...
On top of that, you'll never receive a ten minute ban for anything less than repeatedly leaving matches. Personally I think they should be more strict to discourage rage-quitters but there current system is more than lenient. You also lose endorsement rating when you leave games before their finished, current system is fair.

As far as losing 50 SR, that seems quite excessive. SR loss is also tied to personal performance. The better you perform compared to those in a similar bracket/ character, the less SR you lose. Ive had matched where ive only lost 8 SR.

I received a 10 minute ban from Comp because of this loading bug, it's in the video. you can see the evidence yourself, so don't spread false information. I lost endorsement and 50 SR because of the loading bug in the video, this happens any time a person leaves the match before a minute or so, it also happened when I got a loading bug and it disconnected me for Inactivity through no fault of my own. None of what you just said here is relevant or correct.
I Never Die!!
(edited 4 weeks ago)
psuedospike posted...
On top of that, you'll never receive a ten minute ban for anything less than repeatedly leaving matches. Personally I think they should be more strict to discourage rage-quitters but there current system is more than lenient. You also lose endorsement rating when you leave games before their finished, current system is fair.

As far as losing 50 SR, that seems quite excessive. SR loss is also tied to personal performance. The better you perform compared to those in a similar bracket/ character, the less SR you lose. Ive had matched where ive only lost 8 SR.

I received a 10 minute ban from Comp because of this loading bug, it's in the video. you can see the evidence yourself, so don't spread false information. I lost endorsement and 50 SR because of the loading bug in the video, this happens any time a person leaves the match before a minute or so. None of what you just said here is relevant or correct.

It's absolutely relevant. Loading bug or not, you aren't going to receive a ten minute ban because you left one match.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: DepreceV2

DepreceV2
4 weeks ago#28
psuedospike posted...

I received a 10 minute ban from Comp because of this loading bug, it's in the video. you can see the evidence yourself, so don't spread false information. I lost endorsement and 50 SR because of the loading bug in the video, this happens any time a person leaves the match before a minute or so. None of what you just said here is relevant or correct.

It's absolutely relevant. Loading bug or not, you aren't going to receive a ten minute ban because you left one match.

Umm... Yes you do. That's exactly what happens
Yes... I'm a Hanzo main
DepreceV2 posted...
psuedospike posted...

No. You start recieving a ban on play after "excessive" quit and/or unfinished games. It's called a leavers penalty, not a disconnect penalty.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

psuedospike
4 weeks ago#30
DepreceV2 posted...
psuedospike posted...

No. You start recieving a ban on play after "excessive" quit and/or unfinished games. It's called a leavers penalty, not a disconnect penalty.

You are completely wrong and should probably stop posting now. There is a xp penalty for excessive quitting which is maybe what you're confusing for the 10 min Softban from comp.
I Never Die!!
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. This is why you can't take Comp/SR seriously.