You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. This is why you can't take Comp/SR seriously.

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
4 weeks ago#1
Game bugged out and through no fault of my own I lost 50SR, got soft-banned for 10 minutes and lost an Endorsement rank.

With bugs like this still happening it's no wonder why people don't take rank seriously.

Fix yo game Blizzard!

https://youtu.be/RoR5fCdQP3Y
I Never Die!!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: super_felicia

super_felicia
4 weeks ago#2
not a bug,bad internet probs
We've got trouble And make it Double

psuedospike
4 weeks ago#3
Nope, I have 1Gb synchronous Fiber. I never have internet issues.
I Never Die!!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: geertmatthys

geertmatthys
4 weeks ago#4
You're gonna love gold man, I'm gonna instalock Mccree :)

psuedospike
4 weeks ago#5
geertmatthys posted...
You're gonna love gold man, I'm gonna instalock Mccree :)

Been there last season, it's just as bad and random as Plat and Diamond.

Luckily my internet is damn good and I usually get first pick, so I'll beat you to McHammerfaner. :P
I Never Die!!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: MetaIGearRex

MetaIGearRex
4 weeks ago#6
No one cane take comp seriously if you don't have a full team of people communicating with each other, with everyone sticking to the same strategy and using complimentary characters.
I'm an ass.

User Info: nordendorf

nordendorf
4 weeks ago#7
There are too many leavers in comp to take comp seriously.

User Info: MetaIGearRex

MetaIGearRex
4 weeks ago#8
Finding teammates through MM is like playing youth football, but the little kiddies don't know the rules, can pick whatever position they want and they don't have a coach.
I'm an ass.

psuedospike
4 weeks ago#9
nordendorf posted...
There are too many leavers in comp to take comp seriously.

True

MetaIGearRex posted...
Finding teammates through MM is like playing youth football, but the little kiddies don't know the rules, can pick whatever position they want and they don't have a coach.

Doubly true
I Never Die!!

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
4 weeks ago#10
That definitely sucks. I honestly don't see Blizzard addressing it as it's not "common" enough. =\

Meanwhile in a quick example on why comp can be lame as ****, this happened to me last night. I got Temple of Anubis defense first. We gave up Point A on the first push, it looked hopeless as they pushed into B real quick. We made a couple of quick swaps to characters like Bastion, Sombra, and someone switched from Genji to a Moira. Surprisingly we held B for 7+ minutes.

Everyone was pumped on the mic, positive vibes flowing for our turn on attack. Then the one person who didn't speak on the mic during that 1st round just spoke up when we're about to exit the spawn. "Good luck going 5 on 6 suckers!" and he left. I'm sure we all have dealt with our fair share of leavers who **** us over. But to hear someone flat out troll and throw like that? Wow...

Needless to say, we were upset and being short handed we couldn't even capture A. Just like that, -24 SR. Just further proof that SR is lame and pointless in the big picture. I reported that thrower even though I'm sure Blizzard won't do anything about it and then I went to bed on a sour note. =\
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. This is why you can't take Comp/SR seriously.