• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Why even use a mic if you're not going to help strategize the team with it?

User Info: KingzJuster

KingzJuster
1 month ago#1
Typically I don't really lose too much sleep over the issue, but I only ask because I was playing with some guy last night that was on a mic and literally did nothing but breathe heavily on it and make random noises the whole game. Then we lost the game and he actually speaks for the first time in the two games we all played together and proceeds to say

"YOU GUYS SUCK!!"

and of course leaves the game immediately like a coward.

I'm like...dude, why even use a mic if you're not going to use it to, y'know, verbally help the team out. Don't get mad at the team when you had the power/advantage of using a mic to help assist us to victory but you did nothing with it. Kinda eliminates the whole point of using a mic, don't ya think?
Always bet on me.
PSN: KingzJuster

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
1 month ago#2
That is weird for sure. Definitely don't see too many of those people who still do that.

I mean I've seen people randomly turn on the mic to yell at the team for losing, but not when you can clearly hear him breathe for two whole games.
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.

User Info: kiba312

kiba312
1 month ago#3
Rarely do people strategize at all. What makes you think people will actually communicate their strategies with other people?
Switch FC: SW-7023-5202-9153
LoL IGN: inplane, Battle.net: inplane#1750

User Info: KingzJuster

KingzJuster
1 month ago#4
kiba312 posted...
Rarely do people strategize at all. What makes you think people will actually communicate their strategies with other people?

Because literally the entire point behind having a mic in a team based game is to actually, y'know, use it to encourage teamwork.
Always bet on me.
PSN: KingzJuster

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
1 month ago#5
Kids will be kids. Happens all the time.
I Never Die!!

User Info: dmbx

dmbx
1 month ago#6
It happens all the time to me. I'll be chatting, seeing that three or four people are on mic, but everyone is dead silent. I get a bit frustrated and say "is anyone on mic? I could use some heals please" (or whatever the request is), and get nothing until the game over screen, when suddenly two people pipe up saying "stop being toxic," "you suck," or whatever. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
1 month ago#7
There are 2 ways to get ahead in life

Bring yourself up, or put other's down.

Some people Think they're doing the latter when they just s***talk with no justification, it's just to keep their self esteem defense, let them go, knowing that letting them say "You guys suck" and leaving makes them feel better, and don't let it affect you, when you know you didn't suck.

Person's probably got more issues going on and uses s*** talk in videogames as coping.

User Info: drmrj8807

drmrj8807
1 month ago#8
For me it's always people with the crappiest mics that end up doing that. Sounding like they are playing in a tunnel and s***.

User Info: RedWillow1

RedWillow1
1 month ago#9
worst is LFGs: "Must have mic or kick!".

Then you join, get in game and they are taking about pretty much everything EXCEPT the game.
So much nonsense in the voice chat I can't even call out discords and important information we need to win because they won't stop chatting like a bunch of little girls.
PSN: redwillow1

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
1 month ago#10
RedWillow1 posted...
worst is LFGs: "Must have mic or kick!".

Then you join, get in game and they are taking about pretty much everything EXCEPT the game.
So much nonsense in the voice chat I can't even call out discords and important information we need to win because they won't stop chatting like a bunch of little girls.

Guys chat too mate. Bit of sexism there, no?
You must A) gather your party before venturing forth
________B) construct additional pylons
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Why even use a mic if you're not going to help strategize the team with it?
  • Topic Archived