• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Is this game even worth getting into now?

User Info: adb007123

adb007123
3 months ago#1
As a completely fresh player is this game viable or is it too toxic twords newbs
Psn mehmoregames

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
3 months ago#2
Well no one is actually "toxic" towards newbs if that's what you're asking.
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
3 months ago#3
No, the games really newb friendly, has an open learning curve and still very active.

The Toxicity comes from people who think they're the s***, when they're just s***, To be honest, the toxicity complaints for OW are really overblown, I've gotten more cancer in a single league game than I've gotten from ~1000 hours of OW.

User Info: Mako_Sharknado

Mako_Sharknado
3 months ago#4
Totally. Just hop right in'n get started. Hope ya have fun

User Info: uubershikamarux

uubershikamarux
3 months ago#5
yes the games just as fun now as when I played the Beta
GT: FullM3tal UK - PSN: DarthGokuverine
Me fail english that's unpossible

User Info: vitalemrecords

vitalemrecords
3 months ago#6
toxic?
now why would you say that?
lol
that face you make when

User Info: adb007123

adb007123
3 months ago#7
Just finished the install and update gonna get a few games in before work
Psn mehmoregames

User Info: uubershikamarux

uubershikamarux
3 months ago#8
adb007123 posted...
Just finished the install and update gonna get a few games in before work

I would suggest using the training modes first
GT: FullM3tal UK - PSN: DarthGokuverine
Me fail english that's unpossible

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
3 months ago#9
I've only been playing for 2 weeks but I never experinced any harrasment for being a noob. In fact people thought I was a Smurf prob coz I came directly from Paladins which is a much harder version of Overwatch. Well it is now. Paladins started off as just a cheap copycat but has turned into something completely different due to the loadout & item system. Paladins is some weird hybrid where it has much deeper rpg/moba mechanics but at the same time has much more noobish FPS mechanics since the time to kill is about less than 1 sec so it's much easier to die in that game.

Overwatch is paced like a typical MOBA with the TTK being much longer so you die less but the strategy feels more like a fighting game as it mostly revolves around knowing character match-ups and who they're best or worst against.

Overall if you're a complete noob to the Hero shooter genre then you should have a fun time with OW because the Matchmaker won't force you to carry matches all the time. Me I'm about to quit coz they keep throwing smurfs at me due to my skill level. That's the biggest problem with this genre, both OW & Paladins constantly punish good players by making them face against Pro Grand Master players or Smurfs over & over until you rage at how absurd the MM is.

I would suggest using the training modes first

No the training modes are horrible. The AI bots play nothing like real players so all it will do is teach you bad habits once you play the real game.

Training mode teaches you nothing about how you need to juke in order to avoid getting shot or that your opponents will also try to juke you & move erractically so it'll be harder for you to gun them down. The Hints that show up during loading screens tell you this though & I find the hints to be much more helpful than the training modes.

Training mode is only useful for getting a feel of how the characters play before you go into quickplay or ranked.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com

User Info: vitalemrecords

vitalemrecords
3 months ago#10
yes, take every single character into the training mode so you can modify your controls to suit you better
that face you make when
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Is this game even worth getting into now?
  • Topic Archived