• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Yep they ruined Brigitte.

User Info: Suspiria

Suspiria
4 weeks ago#1
Hope the DPS fanatics and dive bubble crybabies are happy now.

User Info: Blk_Mage_Ctype

Blk_Mage_Ctype
4 weeks ago#2
Of course they are, now they can go back to playing to a pattern for easy wins, and they can pretend that they're actually good at the game, blatantly ignoring the fact that the precious dive meta they play according to is in itself unbalanced, hence why it's so effective, because it lacks any viable counter-play, save for the Hero they are responsible for being nerfed into the ground.

I'm sure they'll be around any second now to say how Brigitte's nerfs were 100% necessary, didn't go too far at all because she should have been outright removed, and how I have no idea what I'm talking about because I actually chose to master the game's mechanics in advance rather than rush into Comp immediately like a novice poser who only plays Comp so they can puff out their chest and say "I play Comp!" as if that in itself means anything when literally anyone over Lv25 can do it.

Sadly, such is the fate of all games in which the developer is more concerned with appealing to the lowest common denominator to sell Loot Boxes rather than actually balancing the game for true competitive play, not just trying to cash in on the budding eSports scene by disingenuously pushing their game as a competitive focused up-and-coming eSport.
PSA: The acronym PSA stands for Public Service Announcement, not Personal Stupid Assertion as it would appear that many posters believe based on common usage.

User Info: BlackAmaterasu

BlackAmaterasu
4 weeks ago#3
Blk_Mage_Ctype posted...
Of course they are, now they can go back to playing to a pattern for easy wins, and they can pretend that they're actually good at the game, blatantly ignoring the fact that the precious dive meta they play according to is in itself unbalanced, hence why it's so effective, because it lacks any viable counter-play, save for the Hero they are responsible for being nerfed into the ground.

I'm sure they'll be around any second now to say how Brigitte's nerfs were 100% necessary, didn't go too far at all because she should have been outright removed, and how I have no idea what I'm talking about because I actually chose to master the game's mechanics in advance rather than rush into Comp immediately like a novice poser who only plays Comp so they can puff out their chest and say "I play Comp!" as if that in itself means anything when literally anyone over Lv25 can do it.

Sadly, such is the fate of all games in which the developer is more concerned with appealing to the lowest common denominator to sell Loot Boxes rather than actually balancing the game for true competitive play, not just trying to cash in on the budding eSports scene by disingenuously pushing their game as a competitive focused up-and-coming eSport.

They didn’t even touch her armor lol so she’s still fine against dive. Says easy wins like Brigitte isn’t the embodiment of that s*** lmao.

Dive lacked counter play? I guess anti dive didn’t exist. Goats (the comp Brigette made possible) only counter play is goats.

User Info: xx_SaintBoot_xx

xx_SaintBoot_xx
4 weeks ago#4
Dive meta is going to come back and we are all f***ed. GG blizz! You gonna f*** over Moira and Ana next? Give lucio boop a 30 second cooldown? can't have someone getting easy kills as a support, now can we?
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! FF Mystic Quest: the only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons.

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 weeks ago#5
I never had a prob with brig's effectiveness I just had a prob with how easy it is to be effective with her.

You have to do more than hold down R2 to completely change the meta.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
4 weeks ago#6
BlackAmaterasu posted...
Dive lacked counter play? I guess anti dive didn’t exist. Goats (the comp Brigette made possible) only counter play is goats.

Dive's only counter was Dive for almost 2 years.

Goats is getting some other counterplay, but goats vs goats gets played because it's the safe establishment.

Anyways, Looking Forward to seeing OWL just sit on Genji for 85% of the matches again when that goes live.

Not seeing Genji get punished for diving solo into 4 people anymore is saddening. and having 12 straight nerfs for a support is becoming the standard. Meanwhile, you got the DPS balance of letting them sit OP for 2 years, then nerfing their ult dmg by 100, or fixing bugs and not actually nerfing them.

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
4 weeks ago#7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22mOuwy9VGs

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
4 weeks ago#8
Come join me on the ruined character bench. Used to be a symmetra main until she talk a nerfwork to the face.

I'm rocking Moira right now but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they ruin her too.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
4 weeks ago#9
I'm gonna go on a limb here judging from my games Brigitte bash countered/zoned Tracer in low SR games lol. I'm rolling people.

At the least she is less over the top viable non GOATS
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots

User Info: Mako_Sharknado

Mako_Sharknado
4 weeks ago#10
This's all super confusin' for me. The only nerf Brig got was that her Shield Bash went from 50 ta 5 damage, 'n it no longer goes through shields, right. 'n she also got some buffs ta her passive (iunno the numbers tho)

Preventin' it from goin' through shields was p much so that she can't just abuse the s*** outta the enemy Rein, settin' up the s***ter follow-up, so I don't think anybody here has a problem with that

So it's just the damage decrease that everyone's mad about then? Why? It still stuns the enemy, so what's the problem? Is it that it's now harder for a Brig ta quickly kill Genji/Tracer by herself? You can still follow-up with her melee'n her flail cooldown, plus you should be with yer team so they can help you kill them. 'n even if yer not always gettin' the kill, that should be enough damage + healing ta keep yerself alive'n pressure them out most'a the time

I don't get how this ruins her. Brig was super oppressive, so something def needed ta be done. She still has everything that makes her a strong character. Is it just that it's now harder for her ta solo kill flankers right away?

Dive isn't gonna stomp its way back inna every match for everyone on this board. A lotta players here're in Gold'n Plat, 'n those ranks aren't anywhere near consistently coordinated enough ta pull of dive well all the time, so iunno why so many people here're scared'a that. 'n at higher levels, one'a the reasons GOATS pushed Dive outta the picture is because'a how much healing'n crowd control it has, 'n Brig still has her Shield Bash, 'n she also got the extra boost ta her healing in the same patch

Does anyone have an explanation as ta how this ruins Brig? I'm def not an expert on the game so there's prolly just some big picture component I'm missin' here but this doesn't seem nearly as cripplin' as everyone's makin' it out ta be
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Yep they ruined Brigitte.
  • Topic Archived