• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Dva advice against Brigitte?

User Info: JirachiJewel

JirachiJewel
3 months ago#1
I’m a Dva main, and I’ve noticed the most infuriating thing is having Brigitte shield you, followed by banging on you until you’re out of your mech and dead. Most of my repeated deaths are done by Brigitte. Anyone have advice to combat this? Would really help me out!

User Info: jnsn87

jnsn87
3 months ago#2
Keep your distance, use cooldowns to burst her shield down, gang up her.
PSN-tooligan06 XBL-tooligan07
Currently Playing: Overwatch, Forza 7, SAO GGO, DBFZ, DBXV2, Rocket League, SotC Remastered, Destiny 2 (May), and Battlefield 4

User Info: Blk_Mage_Ctype

Blk_Mage_Ctype
3 months ago#3
Stay out of her range and chip away at her Shield/Health, if she gets close then fly away, if your Boosters are on cooldown, wait for her to drop her Shield then unleash your Fusion Cannons + Micro Missiles into her face.
D.va is a dive Tank, ergo she'll always be at something of a disadvantage against Brigitte at close range, hence why your first course of action against Brigitte is to zone her by staying outside of her range and avoiding direct confrontations with her at close range.

Most importantly, whenever Brigitte kills you, think first of how you could have reacted differently in that scenario and use it during your next encounter rather than thinking of how Brigitte could be nerfed so that you would have survived.

Follow these simple instructions and you're already playing at a higher skill level than the average low-mid rank competitive players.

Good luck.
PSA: The acronym PSA stands for Public Service Announcement, not Personal Stupid Assertion as it would appear that many posters believe based on common usage.

User Info: geertmatthys

geertmatthys
3 months ago#4
Yell at the team until they kill Brigitte

User Info: tehnemox

tehnemox
3 months ago#5
Blk_Mage_Ctype posted...
Stay out of her range and chip away at her Shield/Health, if she gets close then fly away, if your Boosters are on cooldown, wait for her to drop her Shield then unleash your Fusion Cannons + Micro Missiles into her face.
D.va is a dive Tank, ergo she'll always be at something of a disadvantage against Brigitte at close range, hence why your first course of action against Brigitte is to zone her by staying outside of her range and avoiding direct confrontations with her at close range.

Most importantly, whenever Brigitte kills you, think first of how you could have reacted differently in that scenario and use it during your next encounter rather than thinking of how Brigitte could be nerfed so that you would have survived.

Follow these simple instructions and you're already playing at a higher skill level than the average low-mid rank competitive players.

Good luck.

This.

Personally, I feel as a dive Dva should be mostly attacking squishies at the back, while Brigitte is a front line healer so if you keep having to fight her chances are one of you is out of positioning. I know it does happen but if it happens too often I think this is the case.

Also use the map to your advantage. Brigitte has an issue with mobility while D.va doesn't. If you find yourself too close for comfort try to fly to upper ground. Bait her bash and then fly and boop her to a pit and/or away from her teammates.
Now playing: CoD BO4 / Overwatch / RDR2

User Info: JirachiJewel

JirachiJewel
3 months ago#6
Thank you everyone! I’ll be sure to remember these things next time. ^_^

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
3 months ago#7
Make her chase you, and she becomes useless, she only has a little forward momentum with bash, and using that for just movement is bad for her. Using thrusters and always moving away from her means you win.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Dva advice against Brigitte?
  • Topic Archived