• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. New arcade game mode ideas?

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
3 months ago#1
Anyone wanna suggest some new game mode ideas for Blizzard/Overwatch team to include? Since we seem to be getting the same boring ones on a rotation now, Mei's snowball / Lucioball ect

My one suggestion is mode that gives both teams access to the same character selection list but once a character is selected, noone else on the other team can pick it. Also once selected, you cannot see who on your team has picked them until the match begins so you might see that someone has picked Genji but you won't know who it is until the match starts so picking Winston may or may not be good, you won't know.

Then the match plays out like normally, deaths mean you can switch characters as normal but you're still limited to who is not already on the field. I think this could be a cool way to teach people about counters although i'm sure teams will try and troll it by picking all the tanks or all the supports but then you've got to adapt to your enemy, if they have 6 supports then you will need some high burst heroes to deal with it or if they have all tanks then how to best deal with all the shields in play.

I think it would be a bit crazy and may or may not work but it would be an interesting new game mode.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
3 months ago#2
New Mode: MOBWatch

Each player is locked to one hero, no swapping. Teams can ban 1-2 heroes each. Control point only maps. Each team gets 6 low level NPC bots that can be farmed for ult charge and are programmed to fight each other.
I Never Die!!

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
3 months ago#3
Give them player homes and some kind of social interact mode and they will go crazy.
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots

User Info: DexterTheThird

DexterTheThird
3 months ago#4
Edge_of_Ada posted...
Give them player homes and some kind of social interact mode and they will go crazy.

Oh gosh.

I already though the “chill don’t kill” people in Custom Games were strange...
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. Official Geno of the Smash Switch board.
Wandersong is my GOTY 2018. Go check it out.

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
3 months ago#5
DexterTheThird posted...
Edge_of_Ada posted...

Oh gosh.

I already though the “chill don’t kill” people in Custom Games were strange...

haha they will eat it up man. Throw in bots and a jungle gymish fun map and it'll be all over

Ik ppl that that would be all they'd play.
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. New arcade game mode ideas?
  • Topic Archived