• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. No Jeff, this game is NOT balanced

User Info: Darkpengi

Darkpengi
1 month ago#1
This will be a long post.

As well as my own personal opinion of the game.

There is no way in hell is this game close to being balanced in the slightest. The DPS have a major power creeping problem, two tanks have a major feeding problem and support has Brigitte (though I don’t really play support so I’m not sure what else is wrong, if anything at all)

Ashe is literally a better McCree. She brings more range, damage, better ult and abilities. Oh and she also can damage from a much safer distance. I like playing McCree, but Ashe is clearly the superior choice now. You can reliably 2 shot Tracer or force Genji to disengage at a longer distance he normally plays at.

Reaper is STILL bad. His “spread” buff was laughable at best and I honestly believe he’s worse than he ever was. Unless you’re practically in STUN range, you’re not doing damage. And his inconsistency does not help him in the slightest. What good is 30% hp back if a majority of your shots miss because of spread issues, not aim. His teleport is still garbage and makes him insanely vulnerable. He yells and there’s literally a big glow spot telegraphing where he’s appearing. He is also WAY too slow for his effective range. Can easily be shutdown without even getting near.

Hanzo needs to nerfed. He does NOT need to instagib someone randomly. He does way too much damage with the mobility he has been given. Take away ability to crit in ALL abilities. He can still reliably two shot both 200 AND 250 HP heroes. That’s enough especially when he can shoot up to 480 damage faster than most heroes. Did I mention he’s a better tank buster than Reaper because he can do roughly more damage AND from a safer distance?

NERF BASTION. I don’t really have to say anything about him, he’s trash and insanely situational. Good job balance team, you literally made him worse than before and a worse S76. Removed crits AND worse accuracy in Sentry all for 100 bullets? Lol.

Hammond serves no real purpose other than to dive and feed. I have never felt threatened going against him, especially as McCree if I’m alone. His damage is extremely poor and unless you can’t somehow see the huge “shoot me” Sanic Spin move he does before hitting the ground, he’s almost never going to kill you. Poor damage + enemy getting healed = no kills

Roadhog is a whole another case of feeder tank. His main gimmic was that he could one shot you at the cost of having no shield and no mobility. This came with having a self healing option and massive burst damage that could nearly one shot tanks. He is now, and still a shell of his former self even after his buffs. Does he feel better to play? Yes, but very little. He still does NOTHING for 8 full seconds before his hook is back up again.

Thats 8 full seconds of feeding massive ult charge because of how unreliable his PF is. His hook also has a huge amount of counterplay and even works against itself. Any boops, weirdly angled hooks or just any healing in general will completey negate that whole hook, leaving to feed. Again. Ever wondered why the enemy team has constant ults? You probably have a Hog. He needs more damage.

Brigitte is a giant joke. I did believe Dive was a problem (and more so that the nerfing of Roadhog contributed to it) but this “Support” not only countered Dive, But anyone who wasn’t even apart of it. They keep nerfing her, and as much as I hate her playstyle, she’s not gonna have a role anytime soon. They need to figure out what to do with her.

So no Jeff, this game isn’t balanced because your balance teams can’t figure out what balancing is and are pretty much having a power creep going on in the DPS category as well as a lack of roles.

Also, lol @ your attempts at “Reworks”. Thats a good joke. They either have been too broken or even more useless.

User Info: geertmatthys

geertmatthys
1 month ago#2
CmonBruh, at least educate yourself a bit by playing, it's more balanced now then ever

User Info: Suspiria

Suspiria
1 month ago#3
Brigitte is not an issue after the nerfs she's had and the counters that can shut her down.

geertmatthys posted...
CmonBruh, at least educate yourself a bit by playing, it's more balanced now then ever

No, it is most certainly not. Not when people like Hanzo are still s***ting up matches.

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
1 month ago#4
the ingame tip says "if you must engage hanzo, stay moving" as if you arent suppose to engage him at all...

User Info: Darkpengi

Darkpengi
1 month ago#5
Retroxgamer0 posted...
the ingame tip says "if you must engage hanzo, stay moving" as if you arent suppose to engage him at all...

That tip applies to literally any character. It’s worthless.

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 month ago#6
Blizzard responce to Doomfist:

So we heard you finally got good at using Doomfist after months of hard training and practise and because he was slightly good (but still no way near OP) we've decided to nerf him into oblivion, change the ranges of the slam and allow enemy movement when you stun them with your moves.

We feel this will stop you playing him and put him back at the bottom of the barrel. Thank you for your patience and we hope to be buffing Hanzo further in the coming weeks.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
1 month ago#7
Hanzo and Junkrat still need nerfs, but other than that I think it's as balanced as it has ever been.

They just need to follow their own words and remove one shot kills (except for Widow skill shot). If they "don't like them", as Jeff has stated, and removed Roadhog's ability to one-shot that should go for all heroes.

The Brig nerf was as unnecessary (except for the bash through shields - I'm fine with that) as the nerf to Tracer's pule mine. I would revert Symm's ult and give Mercy big rez back.

That's just my 2 cents.
I Never Die!!

User Info: valikkster

valikkster
1 month ago#8
geertmatthys posted...

This doesn't actually refute his argument. s*** balance is better than diarrhea balance, but it's still s***.

Ultimately, this is why overwatch won't have longevity as an esport. There is just too random nonsense which can occur even at the pro level which can alter the flow of the game which are mostly due to balance irregularities.

User Info: tehnemox

tehnemox
1 month ago#9
Terenigma posted...

So we heard you finally got good at using Doomfist after months of hard training and practise and because he was slightly good (but still no way near OP) we've decided to nerf him into oblivion, change the ranges of the slam and allow enemy movement when you stun them with your moves.

We feel this will stop you playing him and put him back at the bottom of the barrel. Thank you for your patience and we hope to be buffing Hanzo further in the coming weeks.

I feel this. I am by no means amazing with DF but I have practiced a lot to get better with him, especially after they finallybstarted giving him a bit surviveability with his shield buff and such. Only to now see that they are going to nerf him again. He is SUPPOSED to be a character that rewards learning to use him effectively but apparently that means OP by blizzard =(
Now playing: CoD BO4 / Overwatch / RDR2

User Info: xx_SaintBoot_xx

xx_SaintBoot_xx
1 month ago#10
Terenigma posted...

Add to this that Brig no longer checks tracer and genji, and with d.va being in every game, Dive is gonna come back hardcore.

Thank you, Blizzard for f***ing over Doomfist and Brig players.

Oh, and Winston's skins still all suck.
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! FF Mystic Quest: the only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. No Jeff, this game is NOT balanced
  • Topic Archived