• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Has this game truly become StunWatch?

User Info: xx_SaintBoot_xx

xx_SaintBoot_xx
3 months ago#1
It just seems like I can never get anything done now when I play due to there always being someone on the other team who stops, rather than kills me.

Trying to rez someone is a nightmare if the other team has a pharah that can use that concussive blast, resetting the timer, even if I am not in the open, that rez glow can be seen from miles away.

trying to gardian angel to someone? Hacked.

Trying to move behind a wall to avoid a d.va bomb? Orisa pulls you right back into it.

Trying to get into a position to protect the mercy while she is rezzing with Rein? Booped or flashbanged.

trying to line up the perfect shot with widow or Ashe? Frozen by the mei that should never have been so far from her own team.

Your ult is ready and your positioning is excellent? Roadhog hook "muahahahah!"

Another problem is regular abilities that can be even stronger than ults:

Embrace Tranqui...Naded by ana.

Die die di UGH! *Brig shield bash

Justice rain -AGH! "d.va flies into pharah ult, gets destroyed by her own splash damage.

hanzo ult: swallowed up by d.va matrix, also works against mei ult, prob others.

Did I forget anything?
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! FF Mystic Quest: the only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
3 months ago#2
Ya, the Stun meta since around the time they buffed Sombra, or release Bridgetts been really bad.

Seeing Doomfist, and Bri on almost every team, means you're not doing s***.

User Info: dragonkantus

dragonkantus
3 months ago#3
No. Play monster hunter world, then you will see what is a stun game.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
3 months ago#4
Yes.

This is the best equivalent of how the meta works now.

Brigitte
https://i.imgtc.com/qQkeDXQ.png

Doomfist
https://i.imgtc.com/4ZcKgkK.jpg
Super Smash Bros. is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison | SC6: Cervantes, Groh | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi

xx_SaintBoot_xx
3 months ago#5
^Huh. That dragon emporer card has a typo. "Yoru opponet's".
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! FF Mystic Quest: the only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons.

Vulcan422
3 months ago#6
xx_SaintBoot_xx posted...

That was the first version of the card printed. It's one of the only variations I could find with a clear artwork.

The card was also reworked recently, with a different effect that's not nearly as destructive.

xx_SaintBoot_xx
3 months ago#7
Vulcan422 posted...

That was the first version of the card printed. It's one of the only variations I could find with a clear artwork.

The card was also reworked recently, with a different effect that's not nearly as destructive.

Is there a Magic the Gathering version of Brigitte?

Vulcan422
3 months ago#8
Vulcan422 posted...

I wouldn't know, since I don't follow it. I was always one of those guys who thought it sucked compared to YGO.

xx_SaintBoot_xx
3 months ago#9
Vulcan422 posted...
Vulcan422 posted...

I wouldn't know, since I don't follow it. I was always one of those guys who thought it sucked compared to YGO.

:(

User Info: Blk_Mage_Ctype

Blk_Mage_Ctype
3 months ago#10
I've honestly been thinking this for awhile. Stun Mechanics have become so prevalent in Overwatch that it is now a huge part of the game, which is a shame because it's a scrubby, unfun mechanic that detracts from any form of skilled gameplay.

Stun Mechanics have no place in a competitive focused game, yet this so-called eSport is practically built up around them.

I tried to be patient with Blizzard because this is their first crack at an Online Multiplayer FPS, but seeing the amount of cues Blizzard obviously took from Valve Software's Team Fortress 2, some of the balance decisions they've made are inexcusable since they've already been experimented with in TF2 only to later be nerfed, reworked, or outright discontinued.
Seriously, Stun/Slowdown were two things that Valve experimented with in TF2, only to quickly learn how annoying and unbalanced they could be, make huge adjustments to them in game, then ultimately discontinued Stun/Slowdown by no longer applying said attributes to new weapons. If the borderline incompetent TF Team quickly learned just how imbalanced/unfun Stun/Slowdown was in the early years of TF2, long before they even attempted to balance the game for competitive play, then Blizzard has no excuse for continuing to add said mechanics in a supposedly competitive focused game years over 2 years after launch.
PSA: The acronym PSA stands for Public Service Announcement, not Personal Stupid Assertion as it would appear that many posters believe based on common usage.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Has this game truly become StunWatch?
  • Topic Archived