• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Things I would rather have than my Ultimate

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
3 months ago#1
I would trade Bastion's ultimate for 5 more rounds in his SMG. Seriously, it always seems like I just need one or two more shots to finish off my target...and then I get stuck reloading.

I would trade Hanzo's ultimate for some indicator that clearly shows how well charged his primary shot is. I know the winter skin has one, but it's too far off to the side to notice.

I would trade McCree's ultimate for a stick of dynamite. That's all. Just one stick. Like Ashe's ability but with a much longer cooldown. Yeah, I'd much rather have a reliable AoE than a killer Ult. With the way things are right now, his ult. is either only good for killing one person or getting himself killed.
Future Billionaire
Games to Watch: Indivisible, Galaxy in Turmoil, Daymare: 1998, Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark, Griftlands, Prey for the Gods, Atomic Heart

User Info: xx_SaintBoot_xx

xx_SaintBoot_xx
3 months ago#2
It's not an ultimate anymore, but I would rather have a different ability than mercy's rez which is not any fun for me to use anymore due to how slow it makes her.

I would rather have a small aoe burst heal that also clenses debuffs from Zen and and ana.
50-75hp burst heal every 15 seconds cool down. 5-7 meters around Mercy.
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! FF Mystic Quest: the only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons.

User Info: ConBonMon

ConBonMon
3 months ago#3
I kinda agree with the point about Bastion, I used to die whenever i used it, and have always wanted it to be changed. Although adding 5 rounds to his SMG doesn’t nearly make up for a lost Ultimate.

You can literally see Hanzo draw his bow back all the way, listen to the noise it makes when it’s finished being drawn, or feel the vibration in the controller stop when it’s fully charged. If you use him enough you should become pretty good at knowing how long it takes as the above sensations will become subconscious.

Hanzo’s and McCree’s Ultimates are among the strongest in the game if used properly and can easily nab you 2-3 kills every time. How could you not want that?

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
3 months ago#4
Keep in mind, I'm mostly joking here. For example, I'd trade Widow's ult for a ham sandwich. It's much more satisfying.

ConBonMon posted...
Although adding 5 rounds to his SMG doesn’t nearly make up for a lost Ultimate.

Honestly, I get way more kills out of Bastion's recon mode than anything else. Nobody seems to expect a Bastion to just stand up (literally) and fight. He's actually quite tough. It just seems like I fall one or two bullets short of finishing off my target and that's when I get offed, but you go turret or tank and everyone scatters. I'd rather have the extra SMG bullets.

ConBonMon posted...
You can literally see Hanzo draw his bow back all the way, listen to the noise it makes when it’s finished being drawn, or feel the vibration in the controller stop when it’s fully charged.

When I'm "in the zone", I tune out everything else. I have to focus intently on the reticle. It's working because I'm getting back to my old form, but I'd like to have an indicator like the one Widow has, and I get WAY more kills utilizing his regular arrows than his ult. I mean, people have even figured out to get away from the walls when he shouts his line. Zarya is really the only reliable way to get the most out of his ult (and nobody uses Zarya).

ConBonMon posted...

Hanzo’s and McCree’s Ultimates are among the strongest in the game if used properly and can easily nab you 2-3 kills every time. How could you not want that?

Meh, everyone has a Widow and Ashe now. At higher levels using his ult is just inviting headshots, and he doesn't have the mobility to get behind enemy teams (which usually results in an encounter with Sombra). He's my best hero by far on a kills per magazine basis, so I don't really have a need to kill a few people over a 5 second charge or whatever when I can just two shot the same amount of people in 6 seconds without a neon sign pointing at me saying "SHOOT ME!". I'd rather have an AoE that causes an enemy team to scatter.
Future Billionaire
Games to Watch: Indivisible, Galaxy in Turmoil, Daymare: 1998, Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark, Griftlands, Prey for the Gods, Atomic Heart

User Info: guncaddy

guncaddy
3 months ago#5
xx_SaintBoot_xx posted...
It's not an ultimate anymore, but I would rather have a different ability than mercy's rez which is not any fun for me to use anymore due to how slow it makes her.

I would rather have a small aoe burst heal that also clenses debuffs from Zen and and ana.

I’d love her being able to cleanse debuffs in general, but, more she sticks her heal beam on someone and it simply goes away faster. This would include things like fire, slow, hack, direct hits with sonic arrow, venom mine, Ana grenade debuff...
Pretty pretty is the horsey who hath drunken the magic tequila

User Info: xx_SaintBoot_xx

xx_SaintBoot_xx
3 months ago#6
guncaddy posted...
xx_SaintBoot_xx posted...

I’d love her being able to cleanse debuffs in general, but, more she sticks her heal beam on someone and it simply goes away faster. This would include things like fire, slow, hack, direct hits with sonic arrow, venom mine, Ana grenade debuff...

and fire damage from dynamite.
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! FF Mystic Quest: the only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons.

User Info: DynamicD

DynamicD
3 months ago#7
I would trade Roadhog's ultimate (a weak useless one i hardly use) for a horror movie version of Batman similar to the film Brightburn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLiI6jGMHZY
I want to be worth something, I want to be worth enough to attract the attention of others.
Theme Song #26: A Real Life

User Info: ConBonMon

ConBonMon
3 months ago#8
TrueGB posted...
Keep in mind, I'm mostly joking here. For example, I'd trade Widow's ult for a ham sandwich. It's much more satisfying.

ConBonMon posted...
Although adding 5 rounds to his SMG doesn’t nearly make up for a lost Ultimate.

Honestly, I get way more kills out of Bastion's recon mode than anything else. Nobody seems to expect a Bastion to just stand up (literally) and fight. He's actually quite tough. It just seems like I fall one or two bullets short of finishing off my target and that's when I get offed, but you go turret or tank and everyone scatters. I'd rather have the extra SMG bullets.

ConBonMon posted...
You can literally see Hanzo draw his bow back all the way, listen to the noise it makes when it’s finished being drawn, or feel the vibration in the controller stop when it’s fully charged.

When I'm "in the zone", I tune out everything else. I have to focus intently on the reticle. It's working because I'm getting back to my old form, but I'd like to have an indicator like the one Widow has, and I get WAY more kills utilizing his regular arrows than his ult. I mean, people have even figured out to get away from the walls when he shouts his line. Zarya is really the only reliable way to get the most out of his ult (and nobody uses Zarya).

ConBonMon posted...

Meh, everyone has a Widow and Ashe now. At higher levels using his ult is just inviting headshots, and he doesn't have the mobility to get behind enemy teams (which usually results in an encounter with Sombra). He's my best hero by far on a kills per magazine basis, so I don't really have a need to kill a few people over a 5 second charge or whatever when I can just two shot the same amount of people in 6 seconds without a neon sign pointing at me saying "SHOOT ME!". I'd rather have an AoE that causes an enemy team to scatter.

Fair points. I guess I just run into more Zarya’s than you do, or Hanzo’s that know how to shoot their ult down spawn hallways. I agree with the McCree part, pretty much have to wait until all the snipers and tanks are gone or otherwise engaged to use his ult but it’s fantastic for finishing off team fights, nailing pharmacy, or picking off someone trying to retreat. It has a lot of usefulness and if used cautiously doesn’t usually result in you dying anymore since the buff.

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
3 months ago#9
There really are heroes in the game who have terrible Ultimates in comparison to the normal moveset.

Moira = I would rather have all my cooldowns reset instantly and healing meter full than her ultimate.
Bastion = As you say, I would rather have more Ammo for recon mode and turret mode than his ultimate
Winston = Would love the health but keep his normal moveset.
Symmetra = Would rather have a teleporter or a shield generator that remains until it's destroyed
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
3 months ago#10
Genji -> Having a nerfed version of it as his default weapon.
McCree -> Faster fire rate on primary fire.
Reaper -> Increased range on shotguns.
Soldier: 76 -> Higher damage.
Bastion -> Turret mode being able to headshot again.
Orisa -> 600 health
Super Smash Bros. is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison | SC6: Cervantes, Groh | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Things I would rather have than my Ultimate
  • Topic Archived