You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Will smash bros. Affect overwatch
Discuss

Also I spent a little time over on the smash boards and people have the nerve to say overwatch community is bad. They are like bats*** crazy over there
Just won the superbowl with the lions in year 3 franchise if i can do it why cant they not changing sig until they do 8/21/2010
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: dmbx

dmbx
1 week ago#2
Beyond being a Blizzard employee, there's no real way of knowing, though a poll might help (ask members of this board if they'll be playing less Overwatch due to Smash Bros. releasing).

Personally, it probably will affect my Overwatch play time somewhat, but I'll still be putting aside time to dig into Overwatch this weekend, like I do most weekends.

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
1 week ago#3
Yes it's actually why the winter event is coming.
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots

User Info: snowboarderkid6

snowboarderkid6
1 week ago#4
With the Christmas event coming I could see it only slightly affecting our wonderful player base
Just won the superbowl with the lions in year 3 franchise if i can do it why cant they not changing sig until they do 8/21/2010

User Info: swordz9

swordz9
1 week ago#5
Probably not in any noticeable way. Different consoles and genres entirely

Edge_of_Ada
1 week ago#6
snowboarderkid6 posted...
With the Christmas event coming I could see it only slightly affecting our wonderful player base

They actually nod to overwatch in Smash Bros, Ned Stark is an assist trophy and says "winter wonderland is coming"

Incidentally his attack is the enemy being damaged by Illyn Payne's sword as he is beheaded.

snowboarderkid6
1 week ago#7
Edge_of_Ada posted...
snowboarderkid6 posted...

They actually nod to overwatch in Smash Bros, Ned Stark is an assist trophy and says "winter wonderland is coming"

Incidentally his attack is the enemy being damaged by Illyn Payne's sword as he is beheaded.

Idk if your serious or not edge

Edge_of_Ada
1 week ago#8
Definitely not hahahaha

snowboarderkid6
1 week ago#9
I didn't think so but when it comes to cross overs and smash I've learned anything is possible

User Info: nordendorf

nordendorf
1 week ago#10
blizzard will see a blip in their data farming, but it shouldn't affect the average Overwatch player.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Will smash bros. Affect overwatch