• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. People who don't know how to play healer are the biggest cause of losses

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
1 month ago#51
Tanks but no tanks?
I Never Die!!

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
1 month ago#52
guncaddy posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
Playing a backline healer lets you see all the stupid s*** people do

Playing a Front Line DPS let's you do stupid s***.

Playing a Tank let's you "STUNNED" "HACKED" "STUNNED"

In my experience tank is “STUNNED” “HACKED” “HOOKED” “BIO NADED” “PINNED”. Then if you survived all that, you turn to your right, and there’s a turret bastion waving before making you holier than corkboard.

Forgot to mention

"ReInHaRdT!!!! y u drop shield you f***ing loser!" When all of the above happen from behind or the side.

User Info: DillonmeSoftly

DillonmeSoftly
1 month ago#53
In my experience, most of my losses are due to poor DPS rather than poor heals. Don't get me wrong, bad heals is a good way to lose as well, but bad dps might actually be worse.

The issue is that no matter how good of a healer is, they can't keep you up forever as capable opponents will just focus the healer if they notice their current target is getting pocketed, and if you're not getting kills then you're just wasting time, especially if you're on attack and every second counts.

I can't tell you the amount of times I've finished a ranked match with 15k heals only to still lose because the other team has equally good healers but better dps.

In reference to my point above, I think bad dps isn't as much about poor fundamentals as it is poor target prioritization. I've played with countless dps who will empty a whole clip into someone and just ignore the Mercy/Moira pocketing said target.
PSN: DillonMeSoftly

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
1 month ago#54
DillonmeSoftly posted...
In my experience, most of my losses are due to poor DPS rather than poor heals. Don't get me wrong, bad heals is a good way to lose as well, but bad dps might actually be worse.

The issue is that no matter how good of a healer is, they can't keep you up forever as capable opponents will just focus the healer if they notice their current target is getting pocketed, and if you're not getting kills then you're just wasting time, especially if you're on attack and every second counts.

I can't tell you the amount of times I've finished a ranked match with 15k heals only to still lose because the other team has equally good healers but better dps.

In reference to my point above, I think bad dps isn't as much about poor fundamentals as it is poor target prioritization. I've played with countless dps who will empty a whole clip into someone and just ignore the Mercy/Moira pocketing said target.

One tank, three healers, one dps.

Healer 3 must be zen.

Keep the tank up, discord and DPS from zen/dps focus squishies. Harmony is fire and forget. Stay behind the tank.

This is successful with any comp, assuming low mobility.

Orisa, Rein, Hog, D.Va (non flight), Hammond sticking close...

With a ranged DPS, this is game winning.

Good luck getting three supports.

Last pick is literally irrelevant...

EDIT:...but Mei is a game changing pick. You pick engagements. Self heals (also freezing and walling). Just all ariund good times.
You must A) gather your party before venturing forth
________B) construct additional pylons

User Info: kiba312

kiba312
1 month ago#55
dmbx posted...
kiba312 posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
Mercy's simple in concept, but the metaplay of staying alive, flying around the battlefield, choosing your Rezes, and Ult management all add more depth. Triage choices, as with any healing class in online play, are always difficult, do I keep healing the 60% tank, do I heal the 50% dps in combat, do I keep the D.va's health above the armor threshold to add DR?

While she might not be as mechanically difficult as Widowmaker or Tracer, The difference between a good and bad Mercy is very very obvious.

Many, and I mean many, people are going to fight you on that.

Why would they? He's absolutely spot-on there. Sure, the actual numbers of buttons she incorporates isn't numerous, but keeping track of everything going on during a team fight is not easy at all. And considering Mercy is very often the one character that is hardcore focused by the other team, it's hella difficult playing as her. I give huge respect to good Mercys I encounter (I am one, too, so I know what to look for), and very often I'll message complete strangers after matches just to say thanks if they're a good Mercy. It's often a thankless job, so I try to change that.

Many people don't like the words "Mercy" and "skill" in the same sentence giving positive connotations. I know I've tried and I got laughed at for saying Mercy is hard to play in Masters and more organized environments.
3DS FC: 2036 - 7930 - 8344 Name: William
LoL IGN: inplane, Battle.net: inplane#1750

User Info: BlackAmaterasu

BlackAmaterasu
1 month ago#56
kiba312 posted...
dmbx posted...
kiba312 posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
Mercy's simple in concept, but the metaplay of staying alive, flying around the battlefield, choosing your Rezes, and Ult management all add more depth. Triage choices, as with any healing class in online play, are always difficult, do I keep healing the 60% tank, do I heal the 50% dps in combat, do I keep the D.va's health above the armor threshold to add DR?

While she might not be as mechanically difficult as Widowmaker or Tracer, The difference between a good and bad Mercy is very very obvious.

Many, and I mean many, people are going to fight you on that.

Why would they? He's absolutely spot-on there. Sure, the actual numbers of buttons she incorporates isn't numerous, but keeping track of everything going on during a team fight is not easy at all. And considering Mercy is very often the one character that is hardcore focused by the other team, it's hella difficult playing as her. I give huge respect to good Mercys I encounter (I am one, too, so I know what to look for), and very often I'll message complete strangers after matches just to say thanks if they're a good Mercy. It's often a thankless job, so I try to change that.

Many people don't like the words "Mercy" and "skill" in the same sentence giving positive connotations. I know I've tried and I got laughed at for saying Mercy is hard to play in Masters and more organized environments.

Neptuno and other pros said that Mercy is one of most complex heroes to play at the top level.

User Info: Strangeotron

Strangeotron
1 month ago#57
No one plays healers.

The EU servers are a joke for this game.

Why blizzard cannot address the awful gameplay behaviour I don't know

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
1 month ago#58
Strangeotron posted...
No one plays healers.

The EU servers are a joke for this game.

Why blizzard cannot address the awful gameplay behaviour I don't know

What would you have them do?
You must A) gather your party before venturing forth
________B) construct additional pylons

User Info: TheHolyBidoof

TheHolyBidoof
1 month ago#59
TrueGB posted...
I'd say poor formation is the biggest cause of losses. Even a team of dunderheads that manage to stick together can focus fire down an opposing team on dumb luck alone. It's when everyone spreads out and trickles do you see things fall apart.

I agree with this 100%. It's a team-based game, and I've more often experienced losses due to people just not playing as a team or sticking together than people not filling in certain sub-roles.
Bidoof is known to chew on rocks and logs to dull the edge of its sharp teeth. But be careful--this Pokemon is more agile than it appears.

User Info: xx_SaintBoot_xx

xx_SaintBoot_xx
1 month ago#60
Nobody wants to play support because blizzard keeps bending to the pro league scene and dps babies.
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! FF Mystic Quest: the only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. People who don't know how to play healer are the biggest cause of losses
  • Topic Archived