• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Theere is a serious amont of girl power going on in this game

User Info: OhGoodGrief

OhGoodGrief
1 month ago#11
Guess what. The future is female.

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
1 month ago#12
OhGoodGrief posted...

Like the force... Oh right, that flopped too.
You must A) gather your party before venturing forth
________B) construct additional pylons

User Info: OhGoodGrief

OhGoodGrief
1 month ago#13
IamI3rian posted...
OhGoodGrief posted...

No need to be afraid. The world is in good hands.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
1 month ago#14
IamI3rian posted...
OhGoodGrief posted...

ehh, SW didnt flop because of a female lead, it flopped because of Mary Sueing her, to where she could single handedly do s*** instantly that took Luke 3 movies to do.

Original Trilogy would of been s*** if Luke were a Jedi Master halfway through New Hope.

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
1 month ago#15
AzaneAzer posted...
IamI3rian posted...
OhGoodGrief posted...

ehh, SW didnt flop because of a female lead, it flopped because of Mary Sueing her, to where she could single handedly do s*** instantly that took Luke 3 movies to do.

Original Trilogy would of been s*** if Luke were a Jedi Master halfway through New Hope.

Only the EU books are good imo (:
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
1 month ago#16
Sabine Wren is best gurl
Resident Weirdo.
I'm not good enough for a signature. This is my attempt at irony.

User Info: xx_SaintBoot_xx

xx_SaintBoot_xx
1 month ago#17
IamI3rian posted...
CalmG2 posted...
It's abit like 'alien', like you get all female teams all the time

You seem surprised.

I'm hard pressed to name a game where the females (if they're not identical in every way) to the males aren't better, best, or top tier. I'll give some examples....

Every shooter ever: most females have smaller body frames, and thus hitboxes. A decent example of this (modern) is GTA:O when free aim is on. Females have skinnier legs, torsos, shoulders, smaller height... They are all in all harder to hit.

Street fighter: Chun Li... Simply put, she's top tier. Not the absolute best, but she's better than well over 85% of the males in game.

Soul Caliber... I don't even know where to start, most of the females are the best characters in the game. Yoshimitsu and Maxi are really the only top tier males (and maybe voldo).

Old Bethesda RPG's... Females had higher int and agility (much more useful than the males strength bonuses) for almost every race. I believe high elves were an exception. Worth noting, orc women were bigger and stronger, so if you went full fighter, it was STILL better to be female.

The number of games where females are far superior to males is significantly higher than the games where males are better.

In fact, final fantasy seven is the only game I can think of where a damage dealing female (Tifa) is significantly outclassed by a male (Barret). They are better spell casters, for CERTAIN.

In every other case I can think of, it is better (and always has been) to be female.

Hell, the princess is even the best character in Mario 2.

EDIT: Typos. My phone thinks I wanted to say makes, and not males.

But but but muh Patriarchy! Female objectification iN muh vidya gaemes!~ EVERYTHING IS SEXIST! REEEEEEE!
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! FF Mystic Quest: the only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons.

User Info: Shadowsun8

Shadowsun8
1 month ago#18
If making 2 billion dollars on a film with a 91% rating on Rotten Tomatoes was considered "flopping" then every company would be trying to make "flops" all year round.

"The Force Awakens blasted into theaters and immediately broke box-office records, with a record for the biggest domestic opening weekend gross of $247 million. The movie went on to gross more than $2 billion at theaters worldwide, including a record $936 million domestically."

It's not unique to Overwatch: the same is could be said for the X-Men franchise, where Chris Claremont featured Jean Grey, Storm, Rogue, Mystique, Emma Frost, Rachel Summers, Magik, (etc) as some of the most powerful -- and successful -- characters in the Marvel Universe... and that's without even mentioning Wonder Woman, which is still one of DCU's top grossing films.

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
1 month ago#19
Shadowsun8 posted...
If making 2 billion dollars on a film with a 91% rating on Rotten Tomatoes was considered "flopping" then every company would be trying to make "flops" all year round.

"The Force Awakens blasted into theaters and immediately broke box-office records, with a record for the biggest domestic opening weekend gross of $247 million. The movie went on to gross more than $2 billion at theaters worldwide, including a record $936 million domestically."

We're (clearly) discussing the last Jedi... and when you're talking investors, yes. The insignificant profit the movie made, when you just shelled out $4b for the franchise is a flop.

Disney needs to make a s***LOAD of money on each movie in the foreseeable future, else they risk hemmhoraging investors on every additional movie, and perhaps huge stock losses.
You must A) gather your party before venturing forth
________B) construct additional pylons

User Info: Shadowsun8

Shadowsun8
1 month ago#20
IamI3rian posted...
Shadowsun8 posted...

We're (clearly) discussing the last Jedi... and when you're talking investors, yes. The insignificant profit the movie made, when you just shelled out $4b for the franchise is a flop.

They've already made about $4 billion on the first two films alone and that's without accounting for merchandising and spin-offs -- Rey was a Mary Sue in both films and TLJ still made $1.3 billion at the box office as the top-grossing film of the year.

If you want to see that as a flop then so be it but -- again -- most studios wish they could put out "flops" like the one's featuring Rey all year round.

"Moreover, that is all assuming you classify The Last Jedi, a movie that earned around 5.75x its approximate $225 million production budget, as a disappointment. It is still the ninth-biggest movie of all time worldwide and the sixth-biggest grosser ever in North America (and should be 40 or 41 when ranked via inflation, ahead of the likes of Goldfinger and Beverly Hills Cop). It may have fallen a little farther from The Force Awakens than a typical Star Wars sequel (-35% instead of -32%, horrors), it’s going to be profitable, and it will help cement Walt Disney’s market share dominance in the realm of top-tier blockbuster franchises, which is really what this is all about."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/01/28/why-star-wars-the-last-jedi-with-just-1-3b-worldwide-is-still-a-win-for-disney/
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Theere is a serious amont of girl power going on in this game
  • Topic Archived