• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Theere is a serious amont of girl power going on in this game

User Info: CalmG2

CalmG2
1 month ago#1
It's abit like 'alien', like you get all female teams all the time

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
1 month ago#2
CalmG2 posted...

You seem surprised.

I'm hard pressed to name a game where the females (if they're not identical in every way) to the males aren't better, best, or top tier. I'll give some examples....

Every shooter ever: most females have smaller body frames, and thus hitboxes. A decent example of this (modern) is GTA:O when free aim is on. Females have skinnier legs, torsos, shoulders, smaller height... They are all in all harder to hit.

Street fighter: Chun Li... Simply put, she's top tier. Not the absolute best, but she's better than well over 85% of the males in game.

Soul Caliber... I don't even know where to start, most of the females are the best characters in the game. Yoshimitsu and Maxi are really the only top tier males (and maybe voldo).

Old Bethesda RPG's... Females had higher int and agility (much more useful than the males strength bonuses) for almost every race. I believe high elves were an exception. Worth noting, orc women were bigger and stronger, so if you went full fighter, it was STILL better to be female.

The number of games where females are far superior to males is significantly higher than the games where males are better.

In fact, final fantasy seven is the only game I can think of where a damage dealing female (Tifa) is significantly outclassed by a male (Barret). They are better spell casters, for CERTAIN.

In every other case I can think of, it is better (and always has been) to be female.

Hell, the princess is even the best character in Mario 2.

EDIT: Typos. My phone thinks I wanted to say makes, and not males.
You must A) gather your party before venturing forth
________B) construct additional pylons

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 month ago#3
We're at least a generation removed from the "Girls suck a video games" era... And it's not that ladies weren't good, most just didn't play.

Now, there's as many females as males playing video games at young ages and growing up with them.

Most of the girls i run into are late teen to mid twenties... Not too many older than that.

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
1 month ago#4
DarxWingDuck posted...
We're at least a generation removed from the "Girls suck a video games" era... And it's not that ladies weren't good, most just didn't play.

Now, there's as many females as males playing video games at young ages and growing up with them.

Most of the girls i run into are late teen to mid twenties... Not too many older than that.

Anecdotal, but I play with a plethora of ladies older than that.

I find most older gamer ladies tend to have really good jobs and developed the hobby from basically having too much money, and nothing to spend it on. = )

Thus, PS3 was a purchase because why not, and they ended up jumping from the Sims to fps games because everyone was talking about them.

Just my experience.
You must A) gather your party before venturing forth
________B) construct additional pylons

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
1 month ago#5
30 years of games where most playable chars are male, nobody worries
a game where there's a decent cast of Females, Better Put on my incel pants and troll forums!

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
1 month ago#6
IamI3rian posted...
DarxWingDuck posted...

Anecdotal, but I play with a plethora of ladies older than that.

I find most older gamer ladies tend to have really good jobs and developed the hobby from basically having too much money, and nothing to spend it on. = )

Thus, PS3 was a purchase because why not, and they ended up jumping from the Sims to fps games because everyone was talking about them.

Just my experience.

Hahaha yeah met this thirty plus year old who was really cool and showed me the fashion stuff she made and her outfits. She's on every single night.

Lots of teens and twenties including my freakishly good friend(gm at 14 lmao) and these other girls in their twenties who were really energetic and vulgar. Lots and lots in their twenties lighting up haha

BBCF had top tier females and THE top tier was a chick. You also got a chick like Mai hahaha.
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots

User Info: Veraichi

Veraichi
1 month ago#7
Game is waifu watch, welcome to it

User Info: uubershikamarux

uubershikamarux
1 month ago#8
that is false every game has a Hanzo lol
GT: FullM3tal UK - PSN: DarthGokuverine
Me fail english that's unpossible

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
1 month ago#9
IamI3rian posted...
CalmG2 posted...

You seem surprised.

I'm hard pressed to name a game where the females (if they're not identical in every way) to the males aren't better, best, or top tier. I'll give some examples....

Every shooter ever: most females have smaller body frames, and thus hitboxes. A decent example of this (modern) is GTA:O when free aim is on. Females have skinnier legs, torsos, shoulders, smaller height... They are all in all harder to hit.

Street fighter: Chun Li... Simply put, she's top tier. Not the absolute best, but she's better than well over 85% of the males in game.

Soul Caliber... I don't even know where to start, most of the females are the best characters in the game. Yoshimitsu and Maxi are really the only top tier males (and maybe voldo).

Old Bethesda RPG's... Females had higher int and agility (much more useful than the males strength bonuses) for almost every race. I believe high elves were an exception. Worth noting, orc women were bigger and stronger, so if you went full fighter, it was STILL better to be female.

The number of games where females are far superior to males is significantly higher than the games where males are better.

In fact, final fantasy seven is the only game I can think of where a damage dealing female (Tifa) is significantly outclassed by a male (Barret). They are better spell casters, for CERTAIN.

In every other case I can think of, it is better (and always has been) to be female.

Hell, the princess is even the best character in Mario 2.

EDIT: Typos. My phone thinks I wanted to say makes, and not males.

cammy is the top top top tier girl right now in street fighter.

User Info: solidoutlaw

solidoutlaw
1 month ago#10
IamI3rian posted...

Chun's tier placement varies from game to game, version to version. She's been top tier in some games, and awful in others.
PSN: rayplay
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Theere is a serious amont of girl power going on in this game
  • Topic Archived