• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. PSA: Zenyatta is a horrible choice for a solo-healer

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
2 months ago#21
This kind of argument is exactly why no one takes Comp seriously, because it's near impossible to get 6 random strangers to work together. I'd say in general 3 out of 10 games are good and competitive, the rest are cluster f***s.
I Never Die!!

User Info: FrisbeeDude

FrisbeeDude
2 months ago#22
lmao at this topic
If you're not voting like a black woman, your opinion doesn't matter to me

User Info: SShocker

SShocker
2 months ago#23
AzaneAzer posted...
SShocker posted...
One person being the answer/not part of the problem doesn't overcome 5 people being part of the problem.

And all 6 people also thinking this, are why there's a problem to begin with.

I really doubt instalock DPS ever think of the team comp. You'd think someone would go "hmm, we have a main tank, maybe should pick main healer (or tank if have main healer)." And they stay their instalock DPS anyways.

LFG might help, if there were people still using it anymore. Tried to find a group while going for placements, no Eng groups for comp (French, German and Arab aplenty), except one that was titled Quick Play (but listed for Ranked), not joining anyone's group who is that stupid in naming their groups (or putting it in wrong setting).
"A dirty mind is its own reward."
XBL: DamtheMan50, PSN: DamtheMan50

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
2 months ago#24
SShocker posted...
LFG might help, if there were people still using it anymore.

People don't use it cause it made people even more critical of others and even if you won 10 games the second you lose one game everyone quits.

Possible fixes include: ROLE QUEUE and....well, that's about it. Sorry, DPS only scrubs.
I Never Die!!

User Info: SShocker

SShocker
2 months ago#25
Weird, LFG games I managed to find were great, both sides actually had actual team comps. That's about the only thing I want, max 3 DPS. Not disagreeing about losses, though had some groups stay even after close losses, more often people would bounce after two wins since they couldn't endorse groupmates anymore.
"A dirty mind is its own reward."
XBL: DamtheMan50, PSN: DamtheMan50

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
2 months ago#26
SShocker posted...
You'd think someone would go "hmm, we have a main tank, maybe should pick main healer (or tank if have main healer)."

Entire discussion is about the 6th person saying "Hmmm, we have 5 DPS, let's pick a DPS/Support Hybrid" over a pure support, or support tank hybrid.

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
2 months ago#27
This is literally the same as that other topic from a few days ago.

Imo the "best" support for soloing healing is moira/mercy/ana if there are 2+ tanks.
If there's only 1 tank, moira and lucio are the best.

I say best in quotes because we're talking about trying to make s*** sandwich and pretending its actually an edible sandwich.

Before somebody says "I've won with 1 support... Blah blah." Umm yeah, if the players on your team are simply more talented, you can win with just about anything. If teams are equally skilled, then you're going to get rolled with 1 support against a legit team comp, especially GOATS.

If there's only 1 support, the prob ain't Zen. The prob is you have a team full of arrogant idiots. If you want to try to make the best of a bad situation, i recommend my support selections i mentioned above... But make no mistake about it... If there's 1 support and it's Zen, the last person to blame here is Zen.

User Info: Blk_Mage_Ctype

Blk_Mage_Ctype
2 months ago#28
The way I see it is, if my entire team outright refuses to go Healer, then I'm going to play as the Healer I'm most proficient with and enjoy playing as most.

Folks can go on and on about how other Healers are statistically better than Zenyatta, but I personally do better and accomplish more as Zenyatta than I do any other Healer.
PSA: The acronym PSA stands for Public Service Announcement, not Personal Stupid Assertion as it would appear that many posters believe based on common usage.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
2 months ago#29
DarxWingDuck posted...
This is literally the same as that other topic from a few days ago.

Imo the "best" support for soloing healing is moira/mercy/ana if there are 2+ tanks.
If there's only 1 tank, moira and lucio are the best.

I say best in quotes because we're talking about trying to make s*** sandwich and pretending its actually an edible sandwich.

Before somebody says "I've won with 1 support... Blah blah." Umm yeah, if the players on your team are simply more talented, you can win with just about anything. If teams are equally skilled, then you're going to get rolled with 1 support against a legit team comp, especially GOATS.

If there's only 1 support, the prob ain't Zen. The prob is you have a team full of arrogant idiots. If you want to try to make the best of a bad situation, i recommend my support selections i mentioned above... But make no mistake about it... If there's 1 support and it's Zen, the last person to blame here is Zen.

My entire angle is maximizing what you have.

Just because you're in a s***ty situation doesn't mean you cant turn it into a win occasionally. Losing those borderline games is the difference that might hold someone stubborn down an entire weight class.

Breaking down the other topic "Even if I'd win as Mercy, Id rather lose as Zenyatta" can be broken down to "I'd rather lose and be right than win and be wrong" - Which is why I f***ing hate that mindset.

Blk_Mage_Ctype posted...
Folks can go on and on about how other Healers are statistically better than Zenyatta, but I personally do better and accomplish more as Zenyatta than I do any other Healer.

It gets down to basic math, that 30 HPS isn't going to hold up an entire team, Even when Zens the 2nd healer, there's sometimes discussion on if his HPS compliments the other Pure support. (especially with how nerfing supports every patch has been a trend for 2 years straight now).

You can be a good Zen, and do twice your weight in kills, but your team running with 30 HPS is a pure handicap.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
2 months ago#30
Zen is barely even a healer. He only exist for debuffs and as an extra DPS.
Super Smash Bros. is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Nash | SC6: Cervantes, Groh, 2B | T7: Feng, Kazumi, Dragunov
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. PSA: Zenyatta is a horrible choice for a solo-healer
  • Topic Archived