• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Shield Bash Will No Longer Go Through Barriers

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
4 weeks ago#71
That's a good thing, right? Doesn't everyone hate Brigitte?

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
4 weeks ago#72
TheBest69 posted...
That's a good thing, right? Doesn't everyone hate Brigitte?

Some people want people to play support, and not turn this game into 6 dps matches.

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
4 weeks ago#73
Suspiria posted...
TheNextAvatar4 posted...
Suspiria posted...
TheNextAvatar4 posted...
Suspiria posted...
valikkster posted...
swordz9 posted...
I never did think it made any sense why Rein would get stunned just from Brig bashing his shield. Who would’ve guessed Brigitte would turn into the most hated character

Next to junkrat, she probably is the one character that takes the single smallest amount of skill to get the highest amount of productivity in slot. It stands to reason that people generally don't like her.

You mean Hanzo.

And no, before anyone tries to get cute, don't come in here trying to debate with me how Hanzo takes skill to use.. No, he doesn't.

Hanzo requires aim
So do a lot of characters on that roster. That's basic shooter mechanics. Merely pointing and aiming to fire doesn't mean your character requires high level execution. With where Hanzo is after his buffs, any idiot can spam skills with Storm Arrow and the other unnecessary buffs he got.

He outputs way too much damage at too much range with too many mobility options with an ultimate he gets way too fast with ease of use.

It's really not up for debate.

Not up for debate, you say? Sounds to me like you're convinced you can't ever beat a Hanzo you encounter, or you probably think you're a god for PotG's while using him. Either way, you'd be surprised how easy it is to defeat a Hanzo (even if he can aim) with a Winston or Tracer.

Do you also believe that Brigitte being "OP" isn't up for debate, either?
Edit: Scratch that, I see you're aware otherwise in post #55.
Regardless, Hanzo isn't THAT strong. Even if he is, he deserves it for being weak for about two years.
You must be living in that parallel universe where Doomfist is a better sniper than Widowmaker, Reaper is a better healer than Moira, and where Symmetra's rework ult is better than Transcendence.

Funny, but no, that's not it. Hanzo was in fact weaker than even Widowmaker prior to his rework, mostly because he couldn't double jump like his bro, and his Scatter Arrow was not consistent.

So instead of arguing with you further, let me ask you this; Why exactly do you think Hanzo is OP now? You mentioned something about Storm Arrow shredding tanks?
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job.

User Info: Sens-Hangar_18

Sens-Hangar_18
4 weeks ago#74
RIP Baguette LOOOOOOOOL and im here to dance all over your graves hahahaha
Hardest man on gameFAQs

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
4 weeks ago#75
Sens-Hangar_18 posted...
RIP Baguette LOOOOOOOOL and im here to dance all over your graves hahahaha

If they hadn't nerfed Mercy she could of Rezzed her, they're both just bodies for the pyre (:
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 weeks ago#76
AzaneAzer posted...
amensvalves posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
Cant go a patch without a couple Bridget nerfs.

And that's a good thing!

Yep, "WHY DOES EVERYONE PICK DPS!!!" Topics mixed in with the Support Nerfs on every patch.

This

Pootbird posted...
angry_cowtipper posted...
If the hook doesn't go through barriers, neither should the bash. She will still be invaluable for flankers and fighting up close.

The Hook is a projectile.

Shield Bash is considered a charge ability. Charge abilities go through shields. Like Rein's Charge and Doomfist's Rocket Punch.

Also this... If brig can't shield bash through a barrier then nobody should even be able to walk through a barrier. This is purely singling out brig with physics that dont apply to anyone else.

This will also have an impact on Winston who was countered pretty hard by brig.

I hate brig but this is absolute crap that every support eventually gets nerfed. If dps players have to actually think or hesitate before blitzing any support, then clearly that support is OP.
(message deleted)

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 weeks ago#78
xx_SaintBoot_xx posted...
DarxWingDuck posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
amensvalves posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
Cant go a patch without a couple Bridget nerfs.

And that's a good thing!

Yep, "WHY DOES EVERYONE PICK DPS!!!" Topics mixed in with the Support Nerfs on every patch.

This

Pootbird posted...
angry_cowtipper posted...
If the hook doesn't go through barriers, neither should the bash. She will still be invaluable for flankers and fighting up close.

The Hook is a projectile.

Shield Bash is considered a charge ability. Charge abilities go through shields. Like Rein's Charge and Doomfist's Rocket Punch.

Also this... If brig can't shield bash through a barrier then nobody should even be able to walk through a barrier. This is purely singling out brig with physics that dont apply to anyone else.

This will also have an impact on Winston who was countered pretty hard by brig.

I hate brig but this is absolute crap that every support eventually gets nerfed. If dps players have to actually think or hesitate before blitzing any support, then clearly that support is OP.

Cry more.

Lol... You butthurt saint??

User Info: kiba312

kiba312
4 weeks ago#79
Eab1990 posted...
kiba312 posted...
I think this change is going in the right direction, but her Shield Bash CD should be compensated and be reduced to 5 seconds. Hopefully Blizzard knows to do the right thing.

While I agree, you and I both know that isn't likely at this point.

The last three nerfs don't make sense when this is probably the biggest reason she was bullying tanks. Not that this will stop the complaints.

Yeah it's probably not going to happen, but a guy can dream.
3DS FC: 2036 - 7930 - 8344 Name: William
LoL IGN: inplane, Battle.net: inplane#1750

User Info: Suspiria

Suspiria
4 weeks ago#80
AzaneAzer posted...
Korppi123 posted...
How does her being able to not stun through barriers benefit say.. tracer or dva?

Less Brigs being played.
If Brig loses her ability to do anything but shield bash s***ty Tracers and Doomfists, you're not going to be seeing her very often.

Suspiria posted...
If they're 'at the top' maybe they need to 'get gud'?

I don't have problems with Brigitte near as much as I do other characters.

Moreover, not everything can revolve around 5% of the playerbase aka the so called 'pros at the top'.

Im sure they also don't have issues with Silver level Bridgets.

Telling people 1000x better than you to get gud is the stupidest argument you can make.

No, revolving your game's balancing around whatever 5% of the playerbase b**** about when those people play to a pattern is one the stupidest arguments you can make.

Brigitte already has her vulnerabilities (particularly when it comes to long range fire) that aren't hard to exploit.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Shield Bash Will No Longer Go Through Barriers
  • Topic Archived