• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Shield Bash Will No Longer Go Through Barriers

User Info: XGeass

XGeass
3 weeks ago#31
swordz9 posted...
I never did think it made any sense why Rein would get stunned just from Brig bashing his shield. Who would’ve guessed Brigitte would turn into the most hated character

Rein is one thing. But their talking about all barriers
Got Jalter in Fate GO. Wil probably be the only limited 5* I get with how the game treats me though.

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
3 weeks ago#32
Suspiria posted...
valikkster posted...
swordz9 posted...
I never did think it made any sense why Rein would get stunned just from Brig bashing his shield. Who would’ve guessed Brigitte would turn into the most hated character

Next to junkrat, she probably is the one character that takes the single smallest amount of skill to get the highest amount of productivity in slot. It stands to reason that people generally don't like her.

You mean Hanzo.

And no, before anyone tries to get cute, don't come in here trying to debate with me how Hanzo takes skill to use.. No, he doesn't.

Hanzo requires aim, but he attacks from a distance. Brigitte does't require aim, but she attacks up-close. Where does the skill-less part come in?
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job.

User Info: kiba312

kiba312
3 weeks ago#33
I think this change is going in the right direction, but her Shield Bash CD should be compensated and be reduced to 5 seconds. Hopefully Blizzard knows to do the right thing.
3DS FC: 2036 - 7930 - 8344 Name: William
LoL IGN: inplane, Battle.net: inplane#1750

User Info: kiba312

kiba312
3 weeks ago#34
Blk_Mage_Ctype posted...
So, is there anyone left who wishes to argue that Blizzard is not in fact balancing the game based on feedback from the lowest common denominator?

It's honestly downright comical at this point to think that Blizzard is still trying to push this game as an eSport, yet their balance decisions seem to be based entirely on the whims of the lowest common denominator with absolutely no consideration for the effects said tweaks will have on the overall viability of the Hero in question.
Seriously, regardless of whether they're buffing, nerfing, or reworking a Hero, their biggest concern seems to be less about actually balancing said Hero, but rather how the community at large will respond to the changes they've made, seemingly unaware of the fact that it has stripped the game of any credibility as an eSport.

Oh well, just keep throwing money at promoting it as an eSport and rely on folks who are easily impressed by flashy gameplay to spend money on gaudy OWL skins, OWL Passes, and cheering with Bits on Twitch. Forget folks who actually care about competitive gaming, it's much easier to just add as much flashy, screen-obscuring visual clutter as possible than it is to actually balance the game.

Actually, pro players have a huge hand in this as well. The specific example of this would be the player Effect who recently stated to delete Brigitte from the game. He plays Tracer, so no surprise from anyone. This doesn't mean this situation is any less ridiculous. The fact that some pro players are so whiny, it turns this community sour.
3DS FC: 2036 - 7930 - 8344 Name: William
LoL IGN: inplane, Battle.net: inplane#1750

User Info: Suspiria

Suspiria
3 weeks ago#35
TheNextAvatar4 posted...
Suspiria posted...
valikkster posted...
swordz9 posted...

Next to junkrat, she probably is the one character that takes the single smallest amount of skill to get the highest amount of productivity in slot. It stands to reason that people generally don't like her.

You mean Hanzo.

And no, before anyone tries to get cute, don't come in here trying to debate with me how Hanzo takes skill to use.. No, he doesn't.

Hanzo requires aim
So do a lot of characters on that roster. That's basic shooter mechanics. Merely pointing and aiming to fire doesn't mean your character requires high level execution. With where Hanzo is after his buffs, any idiot can spam skills with Storm Arrow and the other unnecessary buffs he got.

He outputs way too much damage at too much range with too many mobility options with an ultimate he gets way too fast with ease of use.

It's really not up for debate.

User Info: Pee_Pull

Pee_Pull
3 weeks ago#36
There's nothing wrong with this, and this releasing of characters that are slightly over-tuned makes perfect sense from a business standpoint and we shouldn't expect this to go away anytime soon.

Many devs are adopting this model.
PSN: Pee_Pull
Add me for some jolly cooperation!!

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
3 weeks ago#37
angry_cowtipper posted...
If the hook doesn't go through barriers, neither should the bash. She will still be invaluable for flankers and fighting up close.

The Hook is a projectile.

Shield Bash is considered a charge ability. Charge abilities go through shields. Like Rein's Charge and Doomfist's Rocket Punch.
Resident Weirdo.
I'm not good enough for a signature. This is my attempt at irony.

User Info: Onipaladin

Onipaladin
3 weeks ago#38
Just f***ing remove her from the game. So sick of the b****ing about her. It will never end until shes useless garbage. Just remove her. Replace her with some prototype hero if anything just remove her though I'm sick of the complaining.

All the whining made me drop her and moira who is whined less than Brigitte but still annoying but I dropped them both and just use Hanzo now.
Friend Codes ; 1891 1168 2591 - Manny
0576 441 7875 - Vinnie

User Info: BakusaiTenketsu

BakusaiTenketsu
3 weeks ago#39
They should just rework her kit some.

No more shield bash, instead she throws her shield Captain America style, and it both stuns and knocks back, so everything is on the same cooldown, and simultaneously puts players out of harms way when they are bashed.

Get rid of the AoE heal effect, except for when it's Rallying time, and reduce the cooldown of her Armor pack a second or two. Now she can no longer self heal via Flail swings, but she gets better at single target healing.

Get rid of her long range flail attack and give her a similar Berserker mode boost like Daddy Torb where she gains a small self heal/armor and her attack and move speed increases for 3 seconds. Then she becomes a little Torb and a little Rein all in one kit. Can still peel heal like they want and maintains a little bit of her 1v1 strengths.
http://tinyurl.com/ozuq4pq
http://tinyurl.com/zy566j2

User Info: XGeass

XGeass
3 weeks ago#40
BakusaiTenketsu posted...
Now she can no longer self heal

Literally becomes useless.
Got Jalter in Fate GO. Wil probably be the only limited 5* I get with how the game treats me though.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Shield Bash Will No Longer Go Through Barriers
  • Topic Archived