• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. If I'm picking Zen, dont ask me to go mercy

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
4 weeks ago#81
psuedospike posted...
Think about it this way...if the 5 DPS were any good the Discord orb would come in WAY more handy than Mercy or Moira trying to heal 5 squishy DPS. No? How quickly would a Support drop if discorded and focused by 5 DPS at once?

If you have a team where 5 players refuse to swap off DPS Zen is actually a smarter choice than picking a so called main healer when there are no tanks to keep up and your DPS will likely be all over the place, so Orbs are arguably better for that kind of already terrible team comp. Plus, harmony orb can heal any DPS in LOS consistently and usually used on a flanking DPS to give them an advantage anyway.

TC did the right thing IMO; Not only did he pick the only Support on his team (like a boss) he also picked one that would actually synergize with 5 DPS...and one that could counter many enemy ults with his ult unlike Mercy, Moira and Ana.

the problem is he also picked a support that wasn't going to keep anyone alive unless nobody took much damage at all

healers are meant to...ya know heal people! trying to be the 6th dps with zenyatta as solo support is just a terrible idea

where did you think they would get HP Recovery from? just running around and looking for the next health pack
Gamefaqs Nintendo Discord Server: https://discord.gg/v9ut5hv

User Info: Jcsbeatpage

Jcsbeatpage
4 weeks ago#82
I love seeing threads like This, you're right, but wrong at the same time. 😭😭😭.
PSN ID:Pandaroth. Website: www.Jcsbeatpage.com

User Info: FrisbeeDude

FrisbeeDude
4 weeks ago#83
healers are meant to...ya know heal people! trying to be the 6th dps with zenyatta as solo support is just a terrible idea

where did you think they would get HP Recovery from? just running around and looking for the next health pack

one of them can switch off dps...oh wait, they don't give a f*** about winning and just wanna play what they want? Cool. I'll play my best healer and we can all be cool with the outcome, right?

Nope. s*** dps tryhards, looking for another sweet clip for their montage want to play at a disadvantage AND expect you to cater to it. f*** that.
If you're not voting like a black woman, your opinion doesn't matter to me

User Info: Blk_Mage_Ctype

Blk_Mage_Ctype
4 weeks ago#84
I cannot help but wonder how many of the folks in this thread who are condemning the TC for solo healing as Zenyatta main DPS Heroes and almost never play Healer themselves.
PSA: The acronym PSA stands for Public Service Announcement, not Personal Stupid Assertion as it would appear that many posters believe based on common usage.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
4 weeks ago#85
FrisbeeDude posted...
oh wait, they don't give a f*** about winning and just wanna play what they want?

You've literally admitted 3 times in this thread that you'd rather lose than win, So you can't attack anyone else for this.

FrisbeeDude posted...
want to play at a disadvantage

You've lost the right to argue this when you're arguing it's ok for YOU.

If this were Quickplay, There's nobody sane arguing against you, But in competitive mode, Intentionally playing a character that you've Self-Admitted is a disadvantage is a dick move, Regardless of your allies picking less ideal characters, You have direct control over only your own pick. Hell your chances a DPS swaps off to a healer goes up when you pick an appropriate healer (Most of the 5 DPS Teams Ive run into stubbornly switch slowly as people pick support/tanks, but they'll stick to their guns when they see all they can get is a DPS Zen)

FrisbeeDude
4 weeks ago#86
You've literally admitted 3 times in this thread that you'd rather lose than win, So you can't attack anyone else for this.

I'm not attacking anyone. I'm totally ok with losing if I'm on a suboptimal team. I knew I wasnt gonna win when they locked in dps/tank.

But in competitive mode, Intentionally playing a character that you've Self-Admitted is a disadvantage is a dick move, Regardless of your allies picking less ideal characters

spoken like a true dps main lmao

AzaneAzer
4 weeks ago#87
FrisbeeDude posted...
spoken like a true dps main lmao

Irony is Sweet, my top 8 Characters are all tank/healers.

FrisbeeDude posted...
I'm totally ok with losing if I'm on a suboptimal team.

I guess it's just weird to me when people intentionally make things worse (At least in competitive). I'm not a super serious tryhard, but the game breaks down in Competitive modes when people do this s***.

FrisbeeDude
4 weeks ago#88
"Do this s***" like, pick a healer? lmao ok

AzaneAzer
4 weeks ago#89
FrisbeeDude posted...
"Do this s***" like, pick a healer? lmao ok

Overconfidence is a flimsy shield.

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
4 weeks ago#90
Let me ask @AzaneAzer and @NightMareBunny this: In the scenario TC described where 5 people pick DPS and are all squishy and likely running all over the place which Support has the best synergy? It's actually Zen if you dismiss your bias and think about it logically. Prove me wrong.
I Never Die!!
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. If I'm picking Zen, dont ask me to go mercy
  • Topic Archived