• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. If I'm picking Zen, dont ask me to go mercy

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
4 weeks ago#31
DarxWingDuck posted...
Put the ball back in their court. Don't expect me to change if you won't.

The Mob mentality, when you have 6 people calling the other 5 people out, instead of 6 people trying to work with the other 5 people.

The 5 dps are calling out the other 4 dps for not switching, and the healer picks a s***ty situational pick, even when he self admitted he wouldn't hypothetically pick a 100% win as mercy over a loss with Zen.

I guess I'm always the voice of reason when these situations happen in my games, because they just never escalate to the level people bring up on these boards.

Reminds me of a topic from like a year ago "You act like 6 DPS Never happens" and I couldn't properly communicate with the person talking to me about it, because I've literally never been on a 6 DPS team in Competitive, nor a 0 healer team, because I'm never the 6th f*** face

User Info: EvolutionBaby

EvolutionBaby
3 weeks ago#32
The worst thing about this thread is the fact that a small handful of people actually came to the defense of a blatant thrower. s*** like throwing and making up excuses for the people guilty of doing it? That's the type of thing that's making it harder and harder for long-time players to enjoy the game.

Azane and I have had more than our fair share of disagreements in the past, but this is one instance where I'm 100% on board with every word he's said.

User Info: Another World

Another World
3 weeks ago#33
people blaming the op.... when you wait for the other 5 to pick, they all pick dp then picking zen isn’t throwing. as a healer in that situation you’re on your own, 0 tanks to protect me means less heals for the 5 that insta locks and defense for myself. unless the other team is totally incompetent mercy will die 2 seconds into that matchup.
It's just Another Day in Another World.

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
3 weeks ago#34
dude if nobody else is gonna play healer then just pick a good solo healer instead of making the game unenjoyable all around
Gamefaqs Nintendo Discord Server: https://discord.gg/v9ut5hv

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
3 weeks ago#35
AzaneAzer posted...
DarxWingDuck posted...
Put the ball back in their court. Don't expect me to change if you won't.

The Mob mentality, when you have 6 people calling the other 5 people out, instead of 6 people trying to work with the other 5 people.

The 5 dps are calling out the other 4 dps for not switching, and the healer picks a s***ty situational pick, even when he self admitted he wouldn't hypothetically pick a 100% win as mercy over a loss with Zen.

I guess I'm always the voice of reason when these situations happen in my games, because they just never escalate to the level people bring up on these boards.

Reminds me of a topic from like a year ago "You act like 6 DPS Never happens" and I couldn't properly communicate with the person talking to me about it, because I've literally never been on a 6 DPS team in Competitive, nor a 0 healer team, because I'm never the 6th f*** face

You cherry picked one line so that's out of context. By itself, yes that's mob mentality... But i clearly said I'm already taking the lone support spot.

My beef is when I'm the player who is already trying to flex to the team needs by taking support and one of the 4x DPS asks ME to change to a different support. THAT'S bs and what i was referring to... That's also not mob mentality at all. That's me saying "I'm already trying to be a good team player here, now somebody else needs to man up."

Also, check your numbers there... When 6 call out the other 5? How many players do you have on your team bro? ;)

Edit* because this is worth mentioning... I have had players ask me to switch like 2 times. Very rare... I know my skill isn't elite but i have pretty decent game sense about how to handle these situations.

For instance, if you have 2+ tanks and you're solo healing you should have moira or mercy (maybe ana if you're good with her but I'm not). If you're team is squishy, go with either lucio or moira. You don't need nearly as much burst healing when everybody is only 200 hp, so lucio is actually quite good if your team is smart enough to at least know to use it. Moira has great survivability, burst healing, and the orb can basically heal 2 squishies by itself.
Zen for solo is only gonna work if your team is just better than the other team... Same with brig.

User Info: FrisbeeDude

FrisbeeDude
3 weeks ago#36
NightMareBunny posted...
dude if nobody else is gonna play healer then just pick a good solo healer instead of making the game unenjoyable all around

lmao f*** that.
If you're not voting like a black woman, your opinion doesn't matter to me
(message deleted)

User Info: FrisbeeDude

FrisbeeDude
3 weeks ago#38
"Yeah, your teammates get to play how they want, screwing you in the process. If you dont do the most to help their selfish decisions, curtailing your fun in the process, you're a thrower"
If you're not voting like a black woman, your opinion doesn't matter to me

User Info: Prismsblade

Prismsblade
3 weeks ago#39
EvolutionBaby posted...
The worst thing about this thread is the fact that a small handful of people actually came to the defense of a blatant thrower. s*** like throwing and making up excuses for the people guilty of doing it? That's the type of thing that's making it harder and harder for long-time players to enjoy the game.

Azane and I have had more than our fair share of disagreements in the past, but this is one instance where I'm 100% on board with every word he's said.

1 player, especially a solo healer cant make up for a bad team comp, period. No matter how good they are. So why is it the responsibility of players like TC though to continue trying, suffering, and carrying the team still in a hopeless situation in a games thats all about teamwork?

Under these conditions if TC at least tried initially and couldn't inspire anyone else to do the same then he has every right to tell such a team to go f*** themselves and do his own thing.
3DS FC:3368-5403-9633 Name: Kaizer
PSN: Blackkaizer
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. If I'm picking Zen, dont ask me to go mercy
  • Topic Archived