• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. If I'm picking Zen, dont ask me to go mercy

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
4 months ago#21
When a team picks all DPS and TC picks a Support he's not part of the problem. It's up to the 5 DPS to figure it out and one of them should be smart enough to flex to a second Support. It's not all on TC to pick a better Support!

This is one of the main problems with Overwatch in a nutshell. Getting random humans to play as a coordinated team is extremely diffucult.

Also, people put way too much importance on team comp in general. I've won games with all supports and no supports. Sometimes it's best to just let people play who they're good at and try your best rather than try to get everyone to conform to 222. I'm not saying it's going to be easy to win with only Zen healing or with no supports at all, but with smart plays it can be done. Especially if all that DPS you have are any good and actually focus the enemy Supports. Supports cant do any healing if they always respawning...

So, again, lay off TC guys. He's part of the solution in this scenario not part of the problem. Some people, just like IRL, are just too dumb to realize they need to swap heroes and it's not on the one guy that actually picked a healer to fix the whole team. That's literally the point of team based multiplayer games, to work as a team and until they finally add a role queue the comp scene will always be plagued by too many random aspects to be taken as seriously as some people here take it.
I Never Die!!

User Info: RedWillow1

RedWillow1
4 months ago#22
Team does not do a viable comp with a primary healer and a backup healer? All bets are off, pick what you want. Either you're doing a decent comp and working together to win or you're not.

7800 healing with zen is great in a qp game, man. That would only be low for a primary.

I can and often do win playing zen as the only healer, when my team has some wacked out comp. It can be done, i do it all the time even against 2 primaries on the enemy team. I give the team a warning to get a primary, tell self healers to not expect anything, then do my best. You have to change your playstyle.

Only time i wont take zen is if the team has only 1 healer role for the team comp, that has to be a primary. Taking the 1 healer slot and selecting off healer is messed up. If the team had 2 healer slots, then the other healer left the game, i will switch to a moira, because it wasnt my team's fault their primary left.

If the roles are wide open? And they dont take a primary? Then you take zen and they demand you take a different healer? Screw that, play what you want since everyone else is.
PSN: redwillow1

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
4 months ago#23
no he's not doing the right thing....you can't blame the team and then act just as stupid as them then expect to be forgiven because they made you do it
Gamefaqs Nintendo Discord Server: https://discord.gg/v9ut5hv

User Info: Blk_Mage_Ctype

Blk_Mage_Ctype
4 months ago#24
Oh yes you will! If I'm taking one for the team by going 2nd Sniper, then you most certainly will play as whatever I tell you to!

But seriously, I'm a Zenyatta main, and the only other Healer I play is Brigitte. My stance on the subject is, Zenyatta is the Healer I do best with to begin with, and he works the best on your typical solo queue team with abysmal composition/teamwork because he can actually defend himself.
Folks can go on and on about how I'm gimping my team because other Healers are statistically better due to a faster rate of healing, but in practice that faster rate of healing is worthless if I'm spending the majority of the game respawning and struggling to heal teammates who don't watch my back at all. Numbers don't lie, and ending a round with 7000+ points of healing via Orb of Harmony, 2500+ points of healing via Transcendence, and a good 20+ Offensive/Defensive Assists is better than ending a match with maybe 3000 points of healing as Mercy because I keep getting slaughtered with no way to defend myself.
PSA: The acronym PSA stands for Public Service Announcement, not Personal Stupid Assertion as it would appear that many posters believe based on common usage.

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
4 months ago#25
NightMareBunny posted...
you can't blame the team and then act just as stupid as them then expect to be forgiven because they made you do it

https://i.imgtc.com/tmo5rlM.jpg
I Never Die!!

User Info: Dref151

Dref151
4 months ago#26
I'm with TC for the most part. Before anything else Overwatch is a video game. If you didn't have fun a particular round then you lost, CP be damned. Chances are you will have a better personal performance if you're playing someone you enjoy at any rate.

User Info: stoltenberg11

stoltenberg11
4 months ago#27
FrisbeeDude posted...
Rewarding toxic team comp is emotionally counterproductive. Might as well play someone I actually enjoy, still get some legit heals in and mix in a few discord kills. Even if we were to win if I swapped to mercy, all it does is give them more confidence to burden the next schmuck with that garbage.

I'd agree with this if you're talking about quickplay. If ranked tho gotta play what's most likely to win.
You're such a boring characterless entity. Try getting laid once in a while and maybe you'll have friends and find out what a "joke" is. - derrate

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
4 months ago#28
FrisbeeDude posted...
Rewarding toxic team comp is emotionally counterproductive. Might as well play someone I actually enjoy, still get some legit heals in and mix in a few discord kills. Even if we were to win if I swapped to mercy, all it does is give them more confidence to burden the next schmuck with that garbage.

"Rewarding"

You realize you're part of the team, if you can carry a victory, You personally gain, this is an example of cut off your nose to spite your face.

You've just proven that you're willing to Lose, when you would have won, just to be a dick.

It's the definition of thrower.

TCrinaleT posted...
ps: I wouldn't go Mercy as solo heal either. Still better than Zen, but not much better.

Ya, Mercy doesn't have the HPS to keep a team up anymore;

Moira runs out of heal juice, so she basically forces short encounters

Lucio's HPS doesn't keep up with focus fire

Ana lacks movement

Zen lacks HPS and Movement.

Briggete requires melee range, and is easily singled out

You sort of pick your poison, but Moira/Lucio and Soooometimes Mercy workout best. Zen is literally the worst choice, like I said, I think 6 DPS fairs better than 5 DPS and a permacorpse.

Throwing in Competitive to prove yourself right, means you've proven yourself wrong.

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
4 months ago#29
I'd argue Brig is a worse solo healer than Zen, especially on 2cp maps. Trans is just that good, and discord is probably the best ability in the game. It's certainly in the running.
You must A) gather your party before venturing forth
________B) construct additional pylons

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 months ago#30
If I'm the only tank or support, chances are I'm the one already asking others to change, not the other way around.

If they do ask, I usually counter with:
-Logic: "solo healing doesn't work, we need another support"
-A deal, "I'll change if we get a second support."

Put the ball back in their court. Don't expect me to change if you won't.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. If I'm picking Zen, dont ask me to go mercy
  • Topic Archived