• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. If I'm picking Zen, dont ask me to go mercy

User Info: Rareware0192

Rareware0192
4 weeks ago#11
I had a competitive match in King’s Row yesterday where four people chose DPS and one person chose tank. Normally my go to support is Ana but figured since I’m solo healing I should go Mercy, even though I had a feeling it wasn’t going to end well.

We ended up winning even though we lost several pushes, managed to push the payload all the way to the end, and when the enemy team was pushing we managed to hold our ground near the end.

It’s still possible to win games solo healing if you pick a support that can solo heal. Granted I’m pretty good at manuevering with Mercy and getting to different teammates quickly in order to heal them if they’re low, but it is entirely possible. As stated before, Mercy and Moira are the best to achieve this. Lucio can do it too, but I suck at aiming with Lucio and my Moira has been a bit DPS happy as of late, so I decided to stick with Mercy for moments that I have to solo heal.
http://www.backloggery.com/Rareware0192
NNID/PSN/Steam: Rareware0192 || XBL Gamertag: Rareware33 || 3DS Friend Code: 4184-2776-7727

User Info: Prismsblade

Prismsblade
4 weeks ago#12
I usually test the waters with Zen the same as I do tanks. If the teams mostly dps and keeps wondering off where I cant see or, heal them, or continue leaving me behind becuase of my poor mobility for me to be picked off I'll swap to lucio.

Or if theres a good tracer, genji or window on the opposing team and my allies arent doing a damn thing to stop them I'll also swap to lucio.

Problem characters when solo healing are Mei becuase players dont stick with the tank and allow her to flank and kill easily im nor can they kill her fast enough usually before she gets within range and kills them.

Or Sombra who's used alot lately becuase a player or 2 keeps wondering off into the open, getting hacked, and killed over and over.

If theres at least two tanks or maybe just a Rien or Orisa though I'll maybe use Ana.
3DS FC:3368-5403-9633 Name: Kaizer
PSN: Blackkaizer

User Info: nordendorf

nordendorf
4 weeks ago#13
If I end up on a team who picks a "lol really?" comp, I still try to fill with the best pick because often during the course of the match if they see we have a chance of winning, others will swap too. If halfway through the match it's clear that no one is actually trying, or there are stacks that are playing their own little game, then I'll switch to whatever.

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
4 weeks ago#14
Prismsblade posted...
I usually test the waters with Zen the same as I do tanks. If the teams mostly dps and keeps wondering off where I cant see or, heal them, or continue leaving me behind becuase of my poor mobility for me to be picked off I'll swap to lucio.

Or if theres a good tracer, genji or window on the opposing team and my allies arent doing a damn thing to stop them I'll also swap to lucio.

Problem characters when solo healing are Mei becuase players dont stick with the tank and allow her to flank and kill easily im nor can they kill her fast enough usually before she gets within range and kills them.

Or Sombra who's used alot lately becuase a player or 2 keeps wondering off into the open, getting hacked, and killed over and over.

If theres at least two tanks or maybe just a Rien or Orisa though I'll maybe use Ana.

she shouldn't be a problem if there is one support (there shouldn't be only one support but I digress) since she can self heal and block enemies access to a medkit, etc. if someone using mei becomes your primary concern to heal all the time then that mei player has some practicing to do.
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

User Info: Prismsblade

Prismsblade
4 weeks ago#15
blackhrt posted...
she shouldn't be a problem if there is one support (there shouldn't be only one support but I digress) since she can self heal and block enemies access to a medkit, etc. if someone using mei becomes your primary concern to heal all the time then that mei player has some practicing to do.

Maybe half off my games in QP Im solo healing so its a very common occurrence. And if we had a second healer I could swap to Brigitte easily and deal with her then.
3DS FC:3368-5403-9633 Name: Kaizer
PSN: Blackkaizer

User Info: FrisbeeDude

FrisbeeDude
4 weeks ago#16
Rewarding toxic team comp is emotionally counterproductive. Might as well play someone I actually enjoy, still get some legit heals in and mix in a few discord kills. Even if we were to win if I swapped to mercy, all it does is give them more confidence to burden the next schmuck with that garbage.
If you're not voting like a black woman, your opinion doesn't matter to me

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
4 weeks ago#17
dude don't try and play the victim here....you are just begging for a loss if you aren't even trying
Gamefaqs Nintendo Discord Server: https://discord.gg/v9ut5hv

User Info: FrisbeeDude

FrisbeeDude
4 weeks ago#18
NightMareBunny posted...
dude don't try and play the victim here....you are just begging for a loss if you aren't even trying

Not conforming to a bad team comp's preferable support (just so they can tell for rez every 10 seconds) doesn't mean I'm not trying, especially if I'm playing with a character I'm more comfortable with.
If you're not voting like a black woman, your opinion doesn't matter to me

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
4 weeks ago#19
You even got NMB against you now,

They're literally in the bottom 1% of Players in Overwatch.

User Info: TCrinaleT

TCrinaleT
4 weeks ago#20
It's been said already, but solo healing with Zen is rather suicidal. Zen does a good job at healing their teammates slowly but reliably. A lot of damage output in a short time and there's absolutely nothing you can do with Zen (unless you burn your ult). I can see Lucio or Moira doing a much better job here, as they can heal aoe bursts of damage a lot better and can get away from flankers more easily. They are a lot safer and will give you better results with uncoordinated teams provided you can play well (they are both easy to play).

ps: I wouldn't go Mercy as solo heal either. Still better than Zen, but not much better.
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1356769
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. If I'm picking Zen, dont ask me to go mercy
  • Topic Archived